Walt Disney telling us about Disneyland - Who remembers that besides me?

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
I remember watching the Mickey Mouse Club when I was a young child. I remember watching Spin and Marty. I remember watching Annette grow up through Disney on T.V. I especially remember Walt Disney telling us about the Disneyland that he was opening in California. I have never been to Disneyland. I am going for the first time on July 16, 2005 and staying until the 22nd. I can hardly wait. I hope I will not be disappointed. I remember Walt Disney, and I will espeially remember him, when I visit his Disneyland for the first time. I have the C D of the opening day of the park 50 years ago. Walt is riding his train around the park. Some of these scenes were shown on his weekly Disneyland Television program. I can't wait to be there for the Anniversary. So who else remembers Walt Disney on television? I bet there are a lot of you who grew up on the Mickey Mouse Club, Spin and Marty, The Hardy Boys, and Zorro. A few years back, there was a program on late at night called Vault Disney. I wish I had taped it. It ran reruns of all of it. I wish I had thought to record it. Can't relive the past, I know, but it's fun to visit it from time to time. So share your childhood memories of Walt Disney and "Remember it all started with a mouse".

Out of the night, when the full moon is bright

Comes a horseman known as Zorro

A bold renegade, carves a "Z" with his blade

A "z" that stands for Zorro

Zorro, Zorro, Zorro, Zorro the fox so cunning and free

Zorro, Zorro, Zorro, Zorro who makes the sign of a "Z"

oh yeah, I remember ::yes::

You can actually buy those shows of Walt Disney talking about Disneyland. I jsut bought them from the Disney movie club. They came in a boxed set. It has been really fun watching them! (Incidentally, I just bought them a couple of months ago so I think you can still get them).

I wish they would put "Spin and Marty" on video, or I guess today it's DVD. I remember watching it as a kid. It was on Monday, Wednesday, Friday sometimes and you couldn't wait for Monday to come. Especially the episode where they won the rodeo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter