WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Walt Disney World has just announced that for all guests who have Disney Resort hotel reservations in 2025, whether for a room only or within a vacation package, each guest in the traveling party will receive a complimentary one-day water park ticket valid for their check-in day only. Guests will be given the choice of either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. If you have back-to-back resort reservations booked, all guests on the resort reservation(s) will receive a water park ticket that is effective on both reservation start dates.

There are a few changes that were announced for 2025 as well that you should also be aware of. We've got the details included in our article HERE.

Oh look, another perk you are not getting for another YEAR.

Still waiting on the genie plus changes announced 1 year ago also that haven't been announced or happened yet.

Nice perk but geez the time frames suck with Disney lately. Nothing stops you from doing this right now. They believe it will make people book right now for 2025 and that isn't the case. Then again, I can't complain about everything nice they do. It's a nice little perk but doesn't address immediate issues with the parks to make life easier

I expect the water parks to be a little more crowded now with people who normally wouldn't go. Will be nice for them to experience it and enjoy it

Last edited:

Walt Disney World has just announced that for all guests who have Disney Resort hotel reservations in 2025, whether for a room only or within a vacation package, each guest in the traveling party will receive a complimentary one-day water park ticket valid for their check-in day only. Guests will be given the choice of either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. If you have back-to-back resort reservations booked, all guests on the resort reservation(s) will receive a water park ticket that is effective on both reservation start dates.

There are a few changes that were announced for 2025 as well that you should also be aware of. We've got the details included in our article HERE.
I thought your title said a New Park, and got really excited there for a split second :)

I like this new addition, but it would work for our trip. We always get in on a Friday night, stay at an offsite hotel, and check into a Disney hotel Saturday. We usually go to Disney Springs and just relax around that day before starting the parks Sunday. I would probably take advantage of a trip to a water park as we’ve never been. While we aren’t really water park fans I would go and check it out if it was no extra cost.

We would absolutely use this if it were live for our trip in April. I’ll counteract all the people that aren’t interested and say this is great for our family.

I guess their rationale is as a perk for staying on property?

Happy they are adding perks, but some people such as myself won’t be able to utilize it. The only flight options from Canada get in to MCO in the late afternoon/ early evening And it’s a long travel day usually. This perk only caters to a select few I’m sure.

Oh look, another perk you are not getting for another YEAR.

Still waiting on the genie plus changes announced 1 year ago also that haven't been announced or happened yet.

Nice perk but geez the time frames suck with Disney lately. Nothing stops you from doing this right now. They believe it will make people book right now for 2025 and that isn't the case. Then again, I can't complain about everything nice they do. It's a nice little perk but doesn't address immediate issues with the parks to make life easier

I expect the water parks to be a little more crowded now with people who normally wouldn't go. Will be nice for them to experience it and enjoy it
The reason a lot the new announcements are for next year is this is their answer to Epic Universe.

What I'm surprised is everyone is missing the new cancellation policy. Its changed from 5 days before arrival to 8 days before arrival

I like this new addition, but it would work for our trip. We always get in on a Friday night, stay at an offsite hotel, and check into a Disney hotel Saturday. We usually go to Disney Springs and just relax around that day before starting the parks Sunday. I would probably take advantage of a trip to a water park as we’ve never been. While we aren’t really water park fans I would go and check it out if it was no extra cost.
This is exactly how we start our vacations! We will definitely take advantage of the free water park day. It’s great that Disney is offering this free onsite perk. We love the Disney water parks, especially Blizzard Beach!

I wonder how they will manage people from booking multiple one day reservations to abuse this.

I wonder how they will manage people from booking multiple one day reservations to abuse this.
Reading the Resorts board with people having trouble adding a day to a reservation or booking a single night, I think the resort booking computer system already has algorithms to prevent that.

I wonder how many guests will take advantage of this. Enough to open both water parks during the summer? Or enough to over crowd the parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter