Walt Disney World & Beyond Discussion + What Disney Means To Us – Episode #3

I enjoy the side shows with only two or three people...like the new Ryno shows at Baseline Tap or the old Off the Rails. Maybe having five people in a zoom setting is just too many people.

Also is there a way to have all of the faces on the screen at the same time? Similar to how Ryno does the side by side in the Baseline videos.

I’ve always been an audio listener. I think the podcast could easily be audio only, with all the other content on YouTube. This would free up not needing a studio, and take the pressure off having to be live, and allow more of a rotation of people. You guys could always do some surprise live videos or scheduled ones from the parks or resorts. I follow PMM, all ears and mammoth, but you guys are still my favorite! You have such a long term fan base, and Craig, Ryno and Erica are doing great. You’ll find your footing.

Zoom or Studio (I don't think it matters honestly) or just find a table somewhere in the park and sit down. @Teleclashter you touched on it already. Just find 2 or 3 people (no more) that like to talk about Disney. Everyone pick one or two topics they want to talk about that week. Those topics range from Disney news they found interesting or fun things they did on property or at home that relates to Disney. Promote the youtube videos you've been doing and call it a day.

The people on the show need to be excited.

Stop reading the news. Stop housekeeping. Just talk about Disney.
I guess Disney don't mind vloggers wandering around or sitting down reviewing food they've bought. But employees from an external company taking up a table for 1-2 hours to (ultimately) drive business to their travel agency? I can't see Disney tolerating that at all. One of the rules prohibits 'recording at any time.. for unapproved commercial purposes'. The Tuesday show is commercial, food reviews aren't.

Last edited:
@Teleclashter Craig, I really enjoyed hearing everyone share what Disney has meant to them. I've heard many of those stories before having been following the team for many years, but it was still a great segment. I particularly enjoyed hearing from Erica. I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting her so she's the only team member I haven't gotten to know and there has been a tendency over the years to have a new person join the crew with little to no introduction. We piece together their story bit by bit over time but going forward, if and when you bring on anybody new, please give them space to tell their story the way Erica did this week. It makes everyone so much more relatable to the audience. For example, I never completely understood her obsession with character meets but it all makes sense now.

I liked the show. The travel planning parts (wait times at Moana water attraction, park hopping) and speculation about genie+ and other possible changes was informative. Particularly enjoyed the last segment with all of the memories and pictures.

This brings up a whole different matter. We do need to do a better job at marketing and presenting content. However, our discussion podcasts aren't normal YouTube content, and too many times we get lumped in with other YouTubers like Mammoth Club, Paging Mr. Morrow, Tim Tracker, etc... Yes, they destroy us in views, but so much of what they do is different. When we had a larger staff we used to be able to make a lot more content like they do but we've always made our way back to podcasts or 'shows' and frankly I think a lot of our personalities are better suited not on podcasts and would be better as vlogs. I'm not saying that would get us the same views or following as the others I mentioned, but it could put us on a path to find more success versus ourselves in the present on YouTube. Then it neglects audio.

Our YouTube channel evolved out of finding a way for the podcast to expand to new audiences. It did just that and found a new audience and continues to find new viewers. Audio podcasts have also seen a boom since the pandemic and I think many underestimate how many listeners we have. Traditional vlogging and what is popular with a lot of YouTubers DOES NOT translate to audio podcasts, in my opinion, and unfortunately, audio podcasts don't always translate well to video. That's not to say they can't and I think we succeeded at it when our personalities and passion shine through - hence the massive growth from 2016-2020. If the people are entertaining and have something to say people will watch and the final product ends up feeling more like The View or a similar show and it can work.

During our two-month break, during which I didn't spend every day thinking about how we were going to revitalize a show that had no return date, I mentioned I didn't know if our Tuesday Show would come back for this very reason. Would it be better to make our podcasts that are better suited for that medium and completely change our YouTube strategy to feel more YouTube? We didn't go in that direction yet, but it is still on my mind daily.

Awkwardness aside, I feel like our podcasts still have a place, but I'm not sure of the longevity podcasts have as video shows in full length. There will always be a way for podcasts to reach a greater audience, but if we're being judged for it as 'YouTubers' then I think there will come a point where it has a negative impact. We're sticking with it for now, but there's no doubt that watching more fast-paced news uploaded in a timely manner or just entertaining in-park vlogs is a more successful track for YouTube. We're trying to balance both mediums which are very different. The path forward might be to make completely different content for both platforms and then find opportunities where moments from the podcast that's still being recorded as video could be posted to YouTube - similar to how Joe Rogan uploads clips.

We gained a lot of notoriety as a podcast in a time when there weren't a lot and we did the same on YouTube, but markets are oversaturated so we have to find the best way to stick out from the crowd and that's going to be an evolving process that isn't fixed overnight even if the problems are quick to be pointed out. There's no bandage fix for longevity.
Well, Disunplugged started as a podcast and look what it evolved to. It’s a new era. Why not let Disunlimited start as a podcast and take on a life of its own. They say you can’t catch lightening in a bottle. You guys are trying to do that twice. Good luck to all, I’m in your corner.

Took me three separate times to get through half of episode 3. Just watched the latest DVC Fan show from start to beginning. Same format as the DIS Unlimited show, but lightyears ahead in terms of entertainment, vibe, cohesion, flow... And these are the same people who used to be on the DIS Unplugged shows. Something just ain't right with DIS Unlimited. Sure hope they get their act together.

I’ve always been an audio listener. I think the podcast could easily be audio only, with all the other content on YouTube. This would free up not needing a studio, and take the pressure off having to be live, and allow more of a rotation of people. You guys could always do some surprise live videos or scheduled ones from the parks or resorts. I follow PMM, all ears and mammoth, but you guys are still my favorite! You have such a long term fan base, and Craig, Ryno and Erica are doing great. You’ll find your footing.
Agree. Maybe it would be good to stop trying to do all the things equally in both video and audio spaces. One of my favorite podcasts does a brief (5 min or less) update each weekday - similar to the old Daily Fix - which could be either audio only or both (could be a Patreon offering, perhaps?). They also do a longer podcast twice a week on specific topics - audio only and open for all.

The video could then be saved for the places where it makes most sense - dining reviews, park experiences, places where seeing it makes it better. Those could still be offered in the podcast feed, but at least for me, when I see one of those pop up, I usually make my way over to YouTube so I can watch it.

Good luck with the next Tuesday show tomorrow, we all hope you do well. It must be very difficult to cope with such scrutiny, if we all had to deal with live reviews from strangers about our own work Zoom performances not many of us would be able to cope very well. My recommendation for this week though - everyone have a Margarita or two beforehand. Looking forward to you all getting into a studio, then you really bounce off each other well.

Last edited:
Love the live studio approach. It opens up many possibilities including the potential of future audience participation.

As an audio listener for many many years, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents that I do think there is a very big difference between how I consume the show (during my daily commute) and people who are sitting and watching it live on YouTube. I have never had the time (middle of my work day) or even much interest in watching the show live. I enjoy it as a podcast. I also enjoy the news segments since I don't spend every day, all the time, looking at Disney news. Maybe if I'm in the middle of trip planning, I keep up to date, but otherwise, I often just assume I will get any big news from the weekly podcast.

I do agree that there is definitely some news that should just refer listeners to the website to get details. We don't need every stipulation on a discount unless it is something truly different. I did think it was interesting that the "Kids" discount was much better than others being offered, even though it doesn't even apply to me!

I'm not much of a video person - I don't just browse around on YouTube or bother with TikTok. I even hate it when I think I'm clicking on an article somewhere and it turns out it is actually a video. I do occasionally watch DIS vlogs, but it is usually when it has been mentioned in a podcast and it sounds interesting - then I will go find it and watch.

As an audio listener for many many years, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents that I do think there is a very big difference between how I consume the show (during my daily commute) and people who are sitting and watching it live on YouTube. I have never had the time (middle of my work day) or even much interest in watching the show live. I enjoy it as a podcast. I also enjoy the news segments since I don't spend every day, all the time, looking at Disney news. Maybe if I'm in the middle of trip planning, I keep up to date, but otherwise, I often just assume I will get any big news from the weekly podcast.

I do agree that there is definitely some news that should just refer listeners to the website to get details. We don't need every stipulation on a discount unless it is something truly different. I did think it was interesting that the "Kids" discount was much better than others being offered, even though it doesn't even apply to me!

I'm not much of a video person - I don't just browse around on YouTube or bother with TikTok. I even hate it when I think I'm clicking on an article somewhere and it turns out it is actually a video. I do occasionally watch DIS vlogs, but it is usually when it has been mentioned in a podcast and it sounds interesting - then I will go find it and watch.
This is me exactly. Being able to get all of my Disney news in one place in a 1-hr podcast that I listen to in the car is ideal for me. I don't watch a bunch of videos, rarely go on YouTube unless I'm trying to DIY repair something at home, and very very rarely watch any of the DIS video content. The audio version of the Tuesday show is my main connection to what the team does.

Excellent show today, just like the old days with lots of positivity, humor & banter. Unlike last week there was no awkwardness. Craig you are doing a good job, you were far more natural this week. I think what really helped was having Jackie there & frankly not having the mostly silent boss & his spouse in the room. The dynamic was totally different & very welcome.

Y'all, this was so much better today. The energy definitely changed with J & K's absence. I don't know that it was necessarily anything about them in particular, as they've been a part of lively discussions over the years. I think it's likely what others have mentioned - it's easier to loosen up without the boss right there. Regardless of the reason, the improvement was clear. I appreciated the humor and the banter that seemed to have been missing the past few weeks. And yeah, there were a few moments of people talking over each other or pausing to deal with the zoom factor, but it was much less impactful for me as a viewer because the vibe was so much better. When the vibe is already awkward and tense with weird silences, a zoom delay pause can feel like a big deal. Not so much when it just feels like friends chatting and rolling with it.

I enjoy the side shows with only two or three people...like the new Ryno shows at Baseline Tap or the old Off the Rails. Maybe having five people in a zoom setting is just too many people.

Also is there a way to have all of the faces on the screen at the same time? Similar to how Ryno does the side by side in the Baseline videos.
Agreed. 3-4 people max. I hate to say it but the show is better when Kevin and John are not there.

Agreed. 3-4 people max. I hate to say it but the show is better when Kevin and John are not there.
I sometimes used to like the banter between them and Pete, but generally when the three of them were at it it was a snooze-fest with Kevin and Pete bragging about Super Deluxe resorts and concierge level this, concierge level that, $6k three day cruises & $200 meals. But rarely visiting the parks, which was completely unrelatable for most people watching the show. However the last show (October 24th) was a breath of fresh air with just regular folks. Jackie was a great replacement for K & J.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter