Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi Everyone, so much great info here! I've tried searching, but just can't quite find what I'm looking for.
We are looking at booking 2 rooms (4 adults, 3 adults + 1 child), probably through Priceline. If I book a Priceline Express deal and get the Swan, I'm concerned that I won't have the correct number of guests on the reservation for MDE, Fastpass booking, etc.., since Priceline Express only guarantees Double Occupancy.
If you booked Priceline Express, were you able to call the hotel directly and get the correct number of guests entered?
Thanks!

I haven't done priceline express, but since every room at the Swolphin can accommodate a minimum of 4 people, you should be okay. Just make sure you call before your FP booking window opens, so you can get any SNAFUs worked out.

I booked a king room with Hotwire for the Dolphin. I know the Dolphin can allow a rollaway bed, but not the Swan normally (at least not in a room with two queen beds).

I'm not sure if a king room can hold four, but maybe if they have that sofa sleeper.

Don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread yet, but I saw this article on yahoo finance
Good to see that even after the merger that Marriott sees the advantage to the S/D in their portfolio.
Does make me wonder if the name might change to Swan-Dolphin-Lobster ;) or something like that.
I also wonder what happens with Epcot Resorts Blvd, seems a bit odd to have the hotel on the other side of the street unless its not going to be part of the S/D resort itself but a stand alone.

Good to see that even after the merger that Marriott sees the advantage to the S/D in their portfolio.
Does make me wonder if the name might change to Swan-Dolphin-Lobster ;) or something like that.
I also wonder what happens with Epcot Resorts Blvd, seems a bit odd to have the hotel on the other side of the street unless its not going to be part of the S/D resort itself but a stand alone.

Maybe they will make elevated walkways between the new resort and S/D like they did near Disney Springs.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator needs help with some research, and I figured you guys would know this...

I remember reading a while back that the Swan operated as a Westin, and the Dolphin operated as a Sheraton. Is that still the case? Are there any rumors of that changing after the merger?

TIA! :)

Your friendly neighborhood moderator needs help with some research, and I figured you guys would know this...

I remember reading a while back that the Swan operated as a Westin, and the Dolphin operated as a Sheraton. Is that still the case? Are there any rumors of that changing after the merger?

For the time being, the Westin and Sheraton names remain.

Marriott has so many different brands; I believe there are no immediate plans to change from the status quo.

750x422

Photo of the possible new hotel and bit more info.
http://www.growthspotter.com/projec...isney-third-tower-details-20180910-story.html

Don't be a stranger here, Lynne, drop by now and then. :surfweb:

Thanks, much appreciated!

Does anyone think this will prompt them to update the exterior of the S/D? Even in the 80s, that color scheme was awful. The new hotel will make them look even more dated.

I can't see them ever changing the outside color scheme - as much as I'd like it. ;)

It was never my favorite. Oh heck, it was always my least favorite in terms of the outside design. I've often said that the best part about staying in the Swolphin is that you didn't have to look at them. :duck:

There is a holiday promotional offer from Swan/Dolphin for group dining (min. of 12 guests) at one of their Signature restaurants, 12/01/2018-12/22/2018. If you don't have a group of 12, maybe it would be a good time to make new friends. :)

41033725_10156026988060749_2646938149242011648_n.jpg

At the airport now, pit stop at universal and then we go to the Dolphin on Monday to celebrate our first anniversary. I'm so excited to go back!

Have an amazing time! Hope your anniversary brings you a view worthy of the Swolphin hall of fame, just not in the "worst" category this time! Hope you had safe travels and enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter