Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, question for mrsdaly please (or anyone who has stayed at the swan/dolphin this week). Are the boats running to Hollywood studios as usual? Any problems or changes when taking the boat as far as the construction at the studios entrance? Tia

Are the boats running to Hollywood studios as usual? Any problems or changes when taking the boat as far as the construction at the studios entrance?
Boats are running as normal. The construction has no impact on the boat dock area.

yes, you can see prices online. So are you just saying that for the additional night the price increased? That is standard practice - new reservation/new rate - you pay whatever the current rate is.
All the nights increased. Looking online, looks like the rate we have is still better than current rate, so I will leave well enough alone:duck::D

Hi, question for mrsdaly please (or anyone who has stayed at the swan/dolphin this week). Are the boats running to Hollywood studios as usual? Any problems or changes when taking the boat as far as the construction at the studios entrance? Tia
Boats are running as usual. The walk along the path to HS takes longer because they reroute you around the parking lot in HS. Phew. We walked back to Swan from HS because we just missed the boat and we got back the same time as the NEXT boat.

Boats are running as usual. The walk along the path to HS takes longer because they reroute you around the parking lot in HS. Phew. We walked back to Swan from HS because we just missed the boat and we got back the same time as the NEXT boat.
with all the construction going on there is a true advantage to being a boat resort to HS. The bus stops are so far away now.

I booked a stay yesterday for a June trip to the Swan. I linked my hotel reservation in MDE, but it only added me and not my son? Is this a glitch or do I need to call to make sure he shows up before ADR & FP time? We are both AP holders and he does not have his own MDE account. This is a first for me but previously only stayed at WDW owned hotels.

TIA!

I booked a stay yesterday for a June trip to the Swan. I linked my hotel reservation in MDE, but it only added me and not my son? Is this a glitch or do I need to call to make sure he shows up before ADR & FP time? We are both AP holders and he does not have his own MDE account. This is a first for me but previously only stayed at WDW owned hotels.

TIA!
Is he listed on your Swan reservation?

Is he listed on your Swan reservation?

That was the glitch! Despite me having him on there, it didn’t save on the reservation page. The Swan CSR added him and Disney unlinked the reservation from my DME. I’ll relink it in a couple days to ensure the lag has passed. I’m just glad I noticed it long before FP+ day

TIA!

Identical situation here.
Disney Help desk said it wouldn't be an issue for FP day, and It wasn't. I made all my fp's this past Sat, and the kid is included. He's still not on the hotel res in MDE. Also booked a few dining ressies including a few shows with the kid as well. The disney desk rep just gave a "hmph - only you and the wife on the reservation for some reason, but you can still make your fastpasses for the kid." It was as if she saw in the system that fp's would definitely be just fine. I wouldn't take my situation to apply for all of them. I'd still try to get everyone on the reservation list in mde, maybe unless a rep says it'll be fine.

Identical situation here.
Disney Help desk said it wouldn't be an issue for FP day, and It wasn't. I made all my fp's this past Sat, and the kid is included. He's still not on the hotel res in MDE. Also booked a few dining ressies including a few shows with the kid as well. The disney desk rep just gave a "hmph - only you and the wife on the reservation for some reason, but you can still make your fastpasses for the kid." It was as if she saw in the system that fp's would definitely be just fine. I wouldn't take my situation to apply for all of them. I'd still try to get everyone on the reservation list in mde, maybe unless a rep says it'll be fine.

Isn’t that odd? I know I had a child listed but that field just wouldn’t save (even when I tried to modify the reservation on my own). But the CSR at the Swan added him and it now shows 1 adult, 1 child on my confirmation.

I’ll be curious to see if it populates correctly when I go to relink it in a few days.

Were you making FP at the 60+10 window?

Just an FYI to anyone close to 60 days out...for the first time I had to call in to have my tickets synced with my resort reservation....my 60 day fast pass timeline arrived a couple days after the merger...since I have never had this problem before I'm pretty sure its was just a merger glitch.....but if you are a fast pass 7am commando you may want to put in a call at 61 days out...

Just an FYI to anyone close to 60 days out...for the first time I had to call in to have my tickets synced with my resort reservation....my 60 day fast pass timeline arrived a couple days after the merger...since I have never had this problem before I'm pretty sure its was just a merger glitch.....but if you are a fast pass 7am commando you may want to put in a call at 61 days out...

Were you on a package?

No we aren't on a package...but we never are when we stay at S&D....it was just a minor hassle...didn't really make that much difference to us...but I know some are very concerned about any hiccups to their planning.

I’m just confused about how tickets didn’t sync? Did you not have numbers to enter them yourself?

Sorry should have said linked.. not synced....anyway we linked our ticket numbers on mde...weeks ago....but at 60 days we couldnt make fast passes. Had to call Disney....didn't have to give the numbers again so really not sure if it was disney or what....just hasnt happened before. Weve been doing this for over 5 years and thus was the first time our tickets went missing...

Sorry should have said linked.. not synced....anyway we linked our ticket numbers on mde...weeks ago....but at 60 days we couldnt make fast passes. Had to call Disney....didn't have to give the numbers again so really not sure if it was disney or what....just hasnt happened before. Weve been doing this for over 5 years and thus was the first time our tickets went missing...

So they linked initially then disappeared? That’s my biggest fear in adding a third party ticket (which I will be doing for DH for our upcoming CSR trip). DS & I are AP holders since we go more frequently.

I was wondering if there's much walking from the parking area (we're driving) to the rooms. We've never stayed here, but I wondered how it compares to some place like Caribbean Beach resort. When we stayed there, it wasn't far from the parking lot to the resort building, but then it was a lot going up the stairs & walking to the middle section of the building. I have a hard time with the walking & wondered if I should plan on bringing a wheelchair for the back & forth we'll be doing several times a day (we take midday breaks from the parks). TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter