Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Debatable.

Just an opinion...
For something like emm or emh, I like to have the times more solidified, and that's worth $ to me, because it's also money lost if you're late. I'll look at the bus area, but I'm probably ubering to MK or AK for early am events. Way less stress for not a lot of money. I'm not against or spiteful towards Disney trans, but for early am - the whole waking up and being ready, and then having to be "ok" with not getting there on time, OR, needing to wake up earlier to get that buffer (and then still having to be ok with not getting there on time) is just not my preferred way to do it. I've only been "burned" once for an emh at AK- once was enough. Almost happened again, but last trip, when AK had am emh, the bus q was full enough to realize that we'd probably not all fit. Ordered an uber, and it was there is 3 minutes. We got in our car just as the AK bus pulled up, and it was already quite full with Swan peeps. I'll check the bus situation once outside, but an uber will be there in just about 5 minutes - usually less.

If you can, rideshares are a very useful service, and they are all over WDW - much money to be made. Car seats can be issues if you need them - but don't rule out rideshares if possible. They've helped me make things go much smoother.

Noted. Perhaps I will just circle back to my original plan and plan on ordering a Minnie Van and be done. We're a party of six (Lyft/Uber requires a special XL) and DH has a bad back. A minivan will be big enough, will take us to the gate (I think rideshare will only take us to the Contemporary) and I won't have to worry about this extra-added-planner-worry noise. Grateful for all of the info you've provided!

Are you staying at the Swan or Dolphin?

Can someone point me to a link with info on the extra FPs? I didn't know it was an option at the S/D. I'd gladly upgrade for access.

Are you staying at the Swan or Dolphin?

Can someone point me to a link with info on the extra FPs? I didn't know it was an option at the S/D. I'd gladly upgrade for access.

Hi! Since it's still considered a "trial", it's hard to find any real concrete info from Disney. Most information when Googling will leave off the S/D option, which I just happened upon in a TP chat. I finally found a list on this site https://wdwnt.com/2018/01/confirmed...e-show-viewing-new-theme-park-extra-offering/ , where you'll see the types of rooms on the bottom that qualify:
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
You can call the hotel directly to book, or book a room using Bonvoy and get an upgrade paying with cash to get a suite. Then you call Signatur Services at Disney to work out the rest.
Here's a DISer link that's helpful for the purchasing of the CL Fastpasses:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...purchase-program-planning-discussion.3657573/

Whats the closest grocery store to the Swan and Dolphin. And for Amazon Prime now delivery, whats the address to sue if staying at the Swan and wanting to meet the driver at the Swan lobby etc.

Hi! Since it's still considered a "trial", it's hard to find any real concrete info from Disney. Most information when Googling will leave off the S/D option, which I just happened upon in a TP chat. I finally found a list on this site https://*****.com/2018/01/confirmed...e-show-viewing-new-theme-park-extra-offering/ , where you'll see the types of rooms on the bottom that qualify:
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
You can call the hotel directly to book, or book a room using Bonvoy and get an upgrade paying with cash to get a suite. Then you call Signatur Services at Disney to work out the rest.
Here's a DISer link that's helpful for the purchasing of the CL Fastpasses:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...purchase-program-planning-discussion.3657573/

Exactly! DSS will also book your "regular" FP+s as well at the time you book your CL FP+s so that is an added bonus.

Here now at the Dolphin. Lobby is beautiful and room was nice. More to follow, but needed some advice.

Just looked at summary of charges and it appears I’m being erroneously charged an extra person fee of $250 for 5 nights. It is just myself, DH, and 2 kids under 10.

The person on the chat from the app says they can’t take it off until it has been charged. (Makes no sense to me!)

For those of you that had this issue, how did you get this resolved in a timely manner?

Here now at the Dolphin. Lobby is beautiful and room was nice. More to follow, but needed some advice.

Just looked at summary of charges and it appears I’m being erroneously charged an extra person fee of $250 for 5 nights. It is just myself, DH, and 2 kids under 10.

The person on the chat from the app says they can’t take it off until it has been charged. (Makes no sense to me!)

For those of you that had this issue, how did you get this resolved in a timely manner?

My BIL had the same issue. Went and spoke to the front desk and the extra person charges were removed.

The refurbishment looks great. There were still construction barriers up when we left two weeks ago. Can’t wait to get back next March to see it all prettied up 😊

The new Swan lobby looks lovely!

I wonder if Java has some gluten free options. Fuel is decidedly short on them.

Dan, thanks for the pictures. I think the lobby has a beautiful look, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. The seating is now backless stools pulled up to a table staged with knick knacks? I don't agree with sacrificing actual lobby seating with sofas and chairs just to obtain a certain aesthetic. Now if you are waiting to check in, or out, or waiting for transportation, you pull up to the table? I'm hoping that I missed the actual seating in the video?

We all have different style tastes, but funnily enough, one thing they did keep, I never liked much...the painted ceiling.

Java looks great though.

Dan, thanks for the pictures. I think the lobby has a beautiful look, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. The seating is now backless stools pulled up to a table staged with knick knacks? I don't agree with sacrificing actual lobby seating with sofas and chairs just to obtain a certain aesthetic. Now if you are waiting to check in, or out, or waiting for transportation, you pull up to the table? I'm hoping that I missed the actual seating in the video?

We all have different style tastes, but funnily enough, one thing they did keep, I never liked much...the painted ceiling.

Java looks great though.
I agree. I wish there were several easy chairs and sodas to sit on a bit.

@patty57 & @Dan Murphy - I couldn't agree more, it's stunning, but very "cold" looking too. It could be they were trying to avoid it being a relaxing place to hang out like many hotel lobbies. With the amount of convention business they get that could be a problem for them. This lobby isn't exactly a place that invites crowds to gather, and I can see that being intentional. After our summer conference at the Hilton in Anaheim I was beyond gratful that I did not stay at the hotel, the lobby area which also had a bar and open restaurant was beyond loud all day. After the first day it was almost deafening. The use of tile & stone at the Swan will be anything but quiet with a few people but if a large group it would be deafening too, or at least I'd think. But with no comfortable place to sit I think people would move on rapidly, which is what I assume they want.

Java looks great though.

You make a great point. When I first looked at that picture I didn’t even recognize it to be a seating area.

The last time I was at the Swan, the seating areas in the corridors which lead to the east and west elevators were still there - with the old, worn-out furniture replaced with new, very nice conventional (no pun intended) seating. I believe that the long table with decorative display and stools that are situated in the lobby, near the front desk, are more decorative, than functional.

There was also lots of new seating at tables, just outside of Il Mulino's, that was heavily utilized by conventioneers on their laptops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter