Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We're 5 days out now. Sent in my room request on Sunday letting them know of our late arrival and request to be away from the elevators, plus an ask for an upgrade if available, prompt reply back! Weather seems to be a mixed bag, but it's warmer then where I'm at so that's a plus! Let the packing begin!

We're 5 days out now. Sent in my room request on Sunday letting them know of our late arrival and request to be away from the elevators, plus an ask for an upgrade if available, prompt reply back! Weather seems to be a mixed bag, but it's warmer then where I'm at so that's a plus! Let the packing begin!
Same boat for us. That puts you at Friday or Saturday? We get there late Friday night. I sent in a request but didn't think to note a late arrival, d'oh! We got 6-8in of snow yesterday so I'm happy with whatever Florida has to offer :thumbsup2

Too early to pack yet, Steve. :beach:
It's never too early to pack for Disney! :rotfl:

Too early to pack yet, Steve. :beach:
Ha! I wish, I'm not a last minute packer, and since this is a long trip with 4 days at Disney followed by 3 days at a Conference I need to make sure I don't forget things. Sadly dress attire between the two is completely different.

Same boat for us. That puts you at Friday or Saturday? We get there late Friday night.
Plane arrives Friday around 11:35 so I figure we won't make it to S/D until 12:30 AM. Doesn't hurt to let them know you are a late arrival. We sort of got burned once by being late when they over booked the hotel, and wanted to bump us to another non-SPG hotel, but we worked things out and stayed at another, but I learned my lesson and will call or let them know my arrival time now.

Plane arrives Friday around 11:35 so I figure we won't make it to S/D until 12:30 AM. Doesn't hurt to let them know you are a late arrival. We sort of got burned once by being late when they over booked the hotel said:
We got burned once at the Dolphin too with a midnight check in. We had booked a king bed room, asked at front desk if the room they were sending us to was a king bed room "oh yes mam, it definitely is". After walking way to the end of the corridor and turning right down another corridor, the room of course had two doubles :mad:. I hiked back down and asked to speak to the supervisor on duty, was politely told there were no king bed rooms available for our entire stay despite what we had been told. It was the week leading into Easter so I saw no point in arguing.

The second trip we were with our kids (late teens at the time), asked for adjoining or connecting rooms... again not even on the same corridor! I caught that before we walked away from the desk. We were then upgraded to resort view rooms that were a few doors apart, both had nice balconies.

Wonder what will happen this upcoming trip o_O However we really like the resort and the location is super!

Has anyone stayed in one of the refurbished Executive Suites in the Dolphin? I remember reading somewhere, probably in this thread, that they got rid of the Murphy bed, which was actually Queen on one of our trips and a King on the other. I really hope that’s not the case because that would really suck and probably take the Swan/Dolphin from being a choice for us in the future.

I’ve also read that some of the Suites offer a queen size pullout bed and would assume that’s what they would have replaced the bed with in the Executive suite. Are the pull out beds comfortable? I’m the fifth wheel in our group, so I ended up with the suite as my room :thumbsup2 Since I’m 6’ 3” I don’t know if my back could survive a week on a pulloutbed.

I sent in a request but didn't think to note a late arrival, d'oh!
I would send another request, noting late arrival, and what you are hoping for.

Ha! I wish, I'm not a last minute packer, and since this is a long trip with 4 days at Disney followed by 3 days at a Conference I need to make sure I don't forget things. Sadly dress attire between the two is completely different.
I am a VERY last minute packer. :laundy:

So you have to wear suit and tie while doing the parks, Steve? :duck: :laughing:

If you book Swan/Dolphin on points, are you even eligible for the possible CL/DSS paid FPs?

Despite news and rumors to the contrary, I do not believe Swan/Dolphin is eligible for CL/DSS paid FPs. I called CL/DSS and they do not offer it for Swan/Dolphin, stating that the property would do it. I called the property (Swan/Dolphin) and they do not offer it, stating that Disney manages their tickets. I haven't seen any reports by anyone who as actually done the paid FPs while staying at Swan/Dolphin -- but open to hearing the first account if there is one!

Does the Swan/Dolphin offer baggage check-in for flights home like the Disney resorts do? It is nice heading straight to security at MCO.

Despite news and rumors to the contrary, I do not believe Swan/Dolphin is eligible for CL/DSS paid FPs. I called CL/DSS and they do not offer it for Swan/Dolphin, stating that the property would do it. I called the property (Swan/Dolphin) and they do not offer it, stating that Disney manages their tickets. I haven't seen any reports by anyone who as actually done the paid FPs while staying at Swan/Dolphin -- but open to hearing the first account if there is one!
Ok. Something to keep an eye on!

Hello! I have been "lurking" here for a few days and as a result just booked our trip to the Dolphin through Costco for July. :thumbsup2 I am excited because it seems like a really good deal and we've never stayed in the Epcot resort area before. We have stayed at POR for our past 2 trips (last one in 2016) but now that our children are older (14 and 18) we wanted to get 2 rooms. We were able to do this for about $600 less at the Dolphin with this deal than 2 rooms at POR. Looking forward to reading more about the resort here, and especially others' experience with the Costco travel plan! :wave:

Can anyone describe very specifically what is included in the SPG Platinum continental breakfast at Garden Grove and Fresh and whether they differ between the two restaurants? Is it just pastries (what kind?) and yogurt and cereal? Are there cold hard boiled eggs or cold cuts (as at some SPG buffets)? We don’t need made to order omelettes or made to order eggs but it would be nice to know if there are cold eggs

Has anyone taken a container to-go for the continental breakfast? We may need to leave early one morning and can’t stay for buffet.

Thanks!

Can anyone describe very specifically what is included in the SPG Platinum continental breakfast at Garden Grove and Fresh and whether they differ between the two restaurants? Is it just pastries (what kind?) and yogurt and cereal? Are there cold hard boiled eggs or cold cuts (as at some SPG buffets)? We don’t need made to order omelettes or made to order eggs but it would be nice to know if there are cold eggs

Has anyone taken a container to-go for the continental breakfast? We may need to leave early one morning and can’t stay for buffet.

Thanks!
Here is a post from ImrovGirl from a few weeks back

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-229#post-58574897

Here is Deb's menu. I do not recall hard boiled eggs on any of my visits at either restaurant, others might add they have. Or maybe a request, possibly the night before. Chefs are very accomodating there.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/fresh-mediterranean-market/breakfast

http://allears.net/dining/menu/garden-grove-cafe/breakfast

Has anyone stayed in one of the refurbished Executive Suites in the Dolphin? I remember reading somewhere, probably in this thread, that they got rid of the Murphy bed, which was actually Queen on one of our trips and a King on the other. I really hope that’s not the case because that would really suck and probably take the Swan/Dolphin from being a choice for us in the future.

I’ve also read that some of the Suites offer a queen size pullout bed and would assume that’s what they would have replaced the bed with in the Executive suite. Are the pull out beds comfortable? I’m the fifth wheel in our group, so I ended up with the suite as my room :thumbsup2 Since I’m 6’ 3” I don’t know if my back could survive a week on a pulloutbed.

My family (who I often travel with) stayed in a Dolphin Executive Suite this past December, and they said that the pull-out bed was comfortable.

We all stayed in a Swan Executive Suite in September, and I suspect it was the same type of sofa bed. I slept in it myself for 8 nights, and it was fine. Obviously, it wasn’t luxurious like the regular Heavenly beds, but it was good enough to sleep in comfortably and not have issues like an achy back or neck in the morning.

My family (who I often travel with) stayed in a Dolphin Executive Suite this past December, and they said that the pull-out bed was comfortable.

We all stayed in a Swan Executive Suite in September, and I suspect it was the same type of sofa bed. I slept in it myself for 8 nights, and it was fine. Obviously, it wasn’t luxurious like the regular Heavenly beds, but it was good enough to sleep in comfortably and not have issues like an achy back or neck in the morning.

Thanks @JerseyJanice, I won’t be going back for a few years, but it’s good to know about the change.

I’ve stayed on site at WDW 3 times and last June was the first time it wasn’t in an Executive Suite. It would have been all 3 times, but because of refurbishments, we couldn’t get one for a full week.

If you can find a deal on an Executive Suite, which we did on both our trips, I think it’s one of the best room deal at WDW. It was the perfect solution for a group of 5!

We are 38 days out from our first trip to the Swan (hooray!). You all have been so helpful over the past few months as I've navigated booking - thanks!

Now that we are so close, I have a few questions about transportation ...

1. We are doing Early Morning Magic at MK on Sunday and want to use the most efficient transportation to MK. Is that the buses (which supposedly start at 6:30 a.m., right?) since I think they drop off near the gates? Or should we plan on an Uber or Taxi even though I think they drop off at TTC?

2. Which is the most efficient route walking to Epcot - path along Beach Club or Boardwalk? (I've been studying Robo's very helpful maps).

I'm also sorting out grocery delivery, but seem to remember reading a post about that a few months ago and will try to find that before asking again. But I might be back for clarification on the options there ...

Thanks in advance!

Hello! I have been "lurking" here for a few days and as a result just booked our trip to the Dolphin through Costco for July. :thumbsup2 I am excited because it seems like a really good deal and we've never stayed in the Epcot resort area before. We have stayed at POR for our past 2 trips (last one in 2016) but now that our children are older (14 and 18) we wanted to get 2 rooms. We were able to do this for about $600 less at the Dolphin with this deal than 2 rooms at POR. Looking forward to reading more about the resort here, and especially others' experience with the Costco travel plan! :wave:
We booked the dolphin for mid-June with our 17,14,6 year old and it never dawned on me to get two rooms :-/ do you mind me asking how much two rooms were and for how long? I’m a little worried about all 5 of us in one room . I wonder if I could change it with Costco.

I’m assuming this is just for the dolphin resort eatieries? I’ll need to look into it.
Kids ages 9 and younger eat free: Up to two children (per room) ages 9 and younger eat free from the children's menu at Garden Grove (breakfast, lunch and dinner) or Fresh Mediterranean Market (breakfast and lunch) restaurants with a paying adult.

1. We are doing Early Morning Magic at MK on Sunday and want to use the most efficient transportation to MK. Is that the buses (which supposedly start at 6:30 a.m., right?) since I think they drop off near the gates? Or should we plan on an Uber or Taxi even though I think they drop off at TTC?

2. Which is the most efficient route walking to Epcot - path along Beach Club or Boardwalk? (I've been studying Robo's very helpful maps).

I'm also sorting out grocery delivery, but seem to remember reading a post about that a few months ago and will try to find that before asking again. But I might be back for clarification on the options there ...

1. Thanks in advance!
  1. Bus service is almost always the best in all circumstances to MK. In all my trips I have never had a bus problem to either MK or AK.
  2. Via the BW is just a bit shorter walk. https://www.wdwmagic.com/walking-distances.htm

We've used Amazon Prime Now on our last trip in August, worked great.

https://primenow.amazon.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter