• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I thought I read you can't have food delivered There?
You can't have it dropped off for them to deal with but PrimeNow allows you to establish a time window for the delivery, you need to meet them out front in the drop off area and pick things up for yourself. I will say as soon as the parking team saw I was getting a delivery the abandoned helping open the door or anything else. Which was fine with them I don't expect them to do anything.

We’re considering moving our trip to 3/2019. You both just saved me a bunch of points and hassle. Thank you! Now we need to decide!!
Yes! Always wanted to book Swan but we never have quite enough points. I guess Swan will be even harder to find rooms now. Already seemed to sell out faster than Dolphin.
Glad you got something helpful even if its not good news.

I would think with the Dolphin going to a Cat 5 that it may free up the Swan a bit as I think some might prefer to be in the Dolphin and thus closer to restaurants and the pool, but you might be right too. Will be interesting to see how they merge the SPG and Marriott point plans together this year.

Strange question but can I buy a case of water at the dolphin or swan?

We always get a car rental from the airport and buy a case of water (and a few other items) at Publix near Vineland/Intl. Dr. before checking into the Dolphin. Sometimes you can simply ask housekeeping for a few extra bottles each day and they won't object (you get two per day as part of your resort fee.)

We always get a car rental from the airport and buy a case of water (and a few other items) at Publix near Vineland/Intl. Dr. before checking into the Dolphin. Sometimes you can simply ask housekeeping for a few extra bottles each day and they won't object (you get two per day as part of your resort fee.)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So each room gets 2 bottles per day? We usually do a grocery run so maybe I won't need to buy as much water?

So each room gets 2 bottles per day?
I think the standard is 2 per day. For our trip we bought a case of water, Starbucks Fraps, Soda & VitaWater - way overkill. If I'd do it again I'd skip the case of water.

My learning lesson was I hated feeling like a pack mule and carrying 4-5 bottles in my back pack.

Question on Magic Bands / the Magic Puck insert (or whatever that magic electronic thing is):
Staying at the Dolphin, we have to buy our own. I assume we can do this ahead of the trip through the Disney web site.

I see there are many option, including a keychain version.

BUT - it says the Magic Puck thing is not included with that (hereafter referred to as the oval insert).

OK - so where do I get it?
I assume the standard band and the ones with designs have the oval insert included.

So do I have to buy the standard magic band, take oval insert out, and then insert it myself? (It says it comes with a tiny screwdriver)

Question on Magic Bands / the Magic Puck insert (or whatever that magic electronic thing is):
Staying at the Dolphin, we have to buy our own. I assume we can do this ahead of the trip through the Disney web site.

BUT - it says the Magic Puck thing is not included with that (hereafter referred to as the oval insert).

I assume the standard band and the ones with designs have the oval insert included.

So do I have to buy the standard magic band, take oval insert out, and then insert it myself? (It says it comes with a tiny screwdriver)
You'll have to buy a standard band and take the insert out. I have one of the keychains, I love it because I wear a step counter on my wrist usually.

You don’t need a Magic Band when you’re staying at the Swan/Dolphin. The only functions it has are being your park ticket and Fastpasses, but a regular ticket works fine for that.

You can’t use it for your room key or charging back to your room.

JerseyJanice -
Thanks - I realize we don't need the MagicBand - but we decided to get them for the whole group anyway - I guess for the Disney "cool" factor. Even though we'll need a room key card in addition to it.

Good, but sad info. Seeing the Dolphin is still using Double beds that seemed to make sense on the category differences, I wonder/wish/hope they would change to Queen beds.

I'll toss this bit in there too....

Beginning February 11, 2018, SPG is changing its booking window. Previously, the SPG program allowed members to book their future stay a maximum of 550 days in advance, but as of February 11, the program is aligning itself with Marriott and only allowing booking (paid or award) 350 days in advance. If you already have a reservation, it will not be affected by this policy.
From ThePointsGuy; https://thepointsguy.com/2018/02/spg-and-marriotot-changes-2018/
Can you help me with this? I want to move our reservation to March 2019. That is past 365 but inside the 550 days. But on spg.com I cannot book Dolphin past 2/8. So am I looking at this the wrong way? Is there something special about S/D that keep me inside 365 days? Or did they already change the policy before thepointsguy's prediction? I'm confused.

ETA: I can book Sheraton Vistana Villages and others, but not S/D.

Last edited:
Can you help me with this? I want to move our reservation to March 2019. That is past 365 but inside the 550 days. But on spg.com I cannot book Dolphin past 2/8. So am I looking at this the wrong way? Is there something special about S/D that keep me inside 365 days? Or did they already change the policy before thepointsguy's prediction? I'm confused.

ETA: I can book Sheraton Vistana Villages and others, but not S/D.
I called today about this. I swear I could book Swan or Dolphin Thursday when I checked but not today. When I called I was told they won't book until 365 days. Per SPG website, hotels can book 550 days ahead but they don't have to release dates that early. However, their policy changes tomorrow, February 11, to 350 day booking to match Marriott. And prices go up March 6.

I called today about this. I swear I could book Swan or Dolphin Thursday when I checked but not today. When I called I was told they won't book until 365 days. Per SPG website, hotels can book 550 days ahead but they don't have to release dates that early. However, their policy changes tomorrow, February 11, to 350 day booking to match Marriott. And prices go up March 6.

Yes, SteveH made me aware of those changes. So I tried today to get a jump on the deadline so I can have Dolphin at 10,000 per night in 3/2019 and save myself 8000 Starpoints. Sounds like S/D has no intention of letting us get a jump on Spring Break 2019. Aggravating. Thanks for letting me know you called. DH wanted me to do the same.

Yes, SteveH made me aware of those changes. So I tried today to get a jump on the deadline so I can have Dolphin at 10,000 per night in 3/2019 and save myself 8000 Starpoints. Sounds like S/D has no intention of letting us get a jump on Spring Break 2019. Aggravating. Thanks for letting me know you called. DH wanted me to do the same.
Exactly.

yup I gave it a shot last night too...site wouldn't let me pick a date past feb next year so too late

Hi I realize that you have to pay st the resort daily to park a rental car but do you have to pay to park at the theme parks?? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter