Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Is it accessible 24/7?
Yes - the computers are just set up off of the lobby, at both Swan and Dolphin. Sometimes, the printer goes offline or runs out of paper. During the day the concierge can fix the problem; after hours, you would need to get help from the front desk.

Last edited:
Quick one for anybody in the uk. If you book through virgin holidays at either the swan or dolphin you will not get access to fast pass+ at 60 days but the regular 30 days. Conversely if you book direct with the hotel or through Disney you will get access to fast pass + at 60. I have absolutely no idea why virgin do this but I thought it was worthwhile passing on....
Cheers

Can Virgin control fp dates?
They won’t release your Disney reservation number for your park tickets or hotel booking until 31 days before arrival. It’s a bananas system, seeing as Disney and the hotel direct have an entirely different (and more beneficial) policy.

QUick notes:
Two things. The refillable mug at swan dolphin ($15) is not the Disney mug. I should’ve realized that but hadn’t thought of it.

I’m at the Swan now. Had to go to Dolphin yesterday to get mug. Was told all casual dining in swan will refill it. Went to get it filled this morning, got a HUGE earful from lady working at Java Bar for even asking. I showed her that it says Java Bar right on the mug. She said I needed to go back over to Dolphin and tell them to quit telling people it could be filled at Swan. She was mad! I gently said she was welcome to call them but I’m a guest and not going back to Dolphin to deliver her message. She said NO ONE in swan can fill that for you! So of course, I asked at Garden Grove and the girl there said she’d be happy to fill it.
So even people working here don’t exactly know who can fill it.

They won’t release your Disney reservation number for your park tickets or hotel booking until 31 days before arrival. It’s a bananas system, seeing as Disney and the hotel direct have an entirely different (and more beneficial) policy.

I know absolutely nothing about Virgin Travel, but my gut feeling is that they are not aware that Swolphin qualifies for 60 days. It seems that would be a selling point for them

So just to confirm, if I just book straight on the Swan/Dolphin site, I will the somehow enter the reservation number into MDE and it will know I should get FPs at 60 days (plus length of stay up to ten days or whatever it is)?

Same with ADRs?

QUick notes:
Two things. The refillable mug at swan dolphin ($15) is not the Disney mug. I should’ve realized that but hadn’t thought of it.

I’m at the Swan now. Had to go to Dolphin yesterday to get mug. Was told all casual dining in swan will refill it. Went to get it filled this morning, got a HUGE earful from lady working at Java Bar for even asking. I showed her that it says Java Bar right on the mug. She said I needed to go back over to Dolphin and tell them to quit telling people it could be filled at Swan. She was mad! I gently said she was welcome to call them but I’m a guest and not going back to Dolphin to deliver her message. She said NO ONE in swan can fill that for you! So of course, I asked at Garden Grove and the girl there said she’d be happy to fill it.
So even people working here don’t exactly know who can fill it.
I hear you. I've had the mug in the past and was told the same about the Java Bar. :confused3 But Garden Grove honored it. Confusing for sure.

So just to confirm, if I just book straight on the Swan/Dolphin site, I will the somehow enter the reservation number into MDE and it will know I should get FPs at 60 days (plus length of stay up to ten days or whatever it is)?

Same with ADRs?

FP+, yes at 60 days--same as a Disney resort stay.

The ADRs are different--you will need to make each day of your stay at 180 days, e.g., day one of your stay at 180 days, day two of your stay at 180 days. That said, I have been able to do it at times for the length of my stay, i.e., all at once, but not always. It is some type of glitch that you cannot count on so you should plan accordingly.

FP+, yes at 60 days--same as a Disney resort stay.

The ADRs are different--you will need to make each day of your stay at 180 days, e.g., day one of your stay at 180 days, day two of your stay at 180 days. That said, I have been able to do it at times for the length of my stay, i.e., all at once, but not always. It is some type of glitch that you cannot count on so you should plan accordingly.
What reservation number do you enter in MDE? I tried the one that was emailed from the dolphin and was unable to connect....

Saying "hello" to everyone as I begin planning our first stay at Swan/Dolphin for February 2019! Heard some great things here and from family about these hotels so I'm hoping for a magical stay despite it being non-Disney. Feelings about which to book..Swan or Dolphin? We are a family of 4 with kids ages almost 6 and 10 when we'll travel in February.

My boys are 11 and 8 and we highly prefer the Dolphin. The beds are a little tight but we are all pretty lights out sleepers, so it doesn't bother us too much. Even being a pretty big guy (6'3", 240). There is just too much more at the Dolphin. The lobby bar, gameroom, ice cream place, Picabu, and its much closer to the pool. We stayed at the Swan one time and it just seemed more stuffy and almost all conference goers.

With all the price increases and decreased services, etc at the Disney resorts, we just booked a deluxe alcove room at the Swan for Memorial Day weekend. We are Marriott rewards members and SPG members, so we'll get points here for free stays! Haven't stayed at the Swan in years but we're very excited to go back here!!

With all the price increases and decreased services, etc at the Disney resorts, we just booked a deluxe alcove room at the Swan for Memorial Day weekend. We are Marriott rewards members and SPG members, so we'll get points here for free stays! Haven't stayed at the Swan in years but we're very excited to go back here!!

I am staying at the dolphin next February for the same reasons. Stayed at both swan and dolphin recently. Both are great.

Sorry if these questions have already been asked- can you book the deluxe alcove room with spg points? How expensive is it to upgrade to the deluxe alcove room from a standard room?

Hey Dan - it has been quite a while, but we are headed for the Dolphin in August. Lots of catching up to do and looking forward to it.

Thinking about timing of booking. This is our first time planning to stay at Swan/Dolphin in February 2019. Is there a "best time" to book? Do they typically have deals or promotions on their rates?

We are Marriott rewards members and SPG members, so we'll get points here for free stays!
We have both memberships as well. Will they apply points to both memberships at the end of your stay, or do you have to pick one or other other?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter