Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I guess we can still walk to Boardwalk to catch a boat to Epcot, correct?

Correct, just cross the nearest bridge and walk between the Atlantic Dance & Jelly Rolls buildings to the boardwalk dock.

Dave

A WWYD question for you Swolphin folks...
I missed the Hotwire deal for my days in August. (Going when family goes so dates are pretty set in stone.) Today the cash price for Dolphin went up about $50 to be the same as Swan. However, Swan added a cash and points deal. It’s $110 and 6,000 points a night for my dates to stay at Swan. Should I jump on this? Or hold out for something better? (Either Hotwire deal, Priceline, or anything else? I’m an AP holder, so the Costco packages aren’t for me.)
Thanks in advance!
The issue with waiting for another great deal on Hotwire is that it might not happen again unless they see lower than projected occupancy rates for the months ahead.

In my case, I book the lowest rate that is fully refundable rate and then keep looking for better deals right up until the last day to cancel. I don't do SPG, are you able to cancel or modify these "reward" stays?

Dave

The issue with waiting for another great deal on Hotwire is that it might not happen again unless they see lower than projected occupancy rates for the months ahead.

In my case, I book the lowest rate that is fully refundable rate and then keep looking for better deals right up until the last day to cancel. I don't do SPG, are you able to cancel or modify these "reward" stays?

Dave

I’m not the person who asked but, yes, the cash and points reservations are able to be canceled. And to the OP, yes, it is a deal I’d book.

We are at the Swan from 5/16-5/24, so no boats at all? That is very disappointing. :(

We got an excellent rate and I was figuring it was due to lower bookings because of Toy Story Land opening in June. It sounds like this may be part of the reason.

That is pretty much what I heard two weeks ago, but the dates have changed a little bit. If these dates hold up the dock will be closed for our entire trip. We're very very disappointed.

I feel your pain, but as my niece just pointed out, we can walk to the Boardwalk stop for Epcot and take the bus to/from the Studios. We don’t love the Studios and will wind up going twice, if that.

I believe that you can get two car seats in a Minnie Van. How many passengers will it fit with the two seats?

IOW, we get two babies in two car seats so how many more people can ride in the same vehicle?

I believe that you can get two car seats in a Minnie Van. How many passengers will it fit with the two seats?

IOW, we get two babies in two car seats so how many more people can ride in the same vehicle?[/QUOTE

I just took at Minnie Van from dolphin to hddr. Including front seat you can seat 6 people or 4 adults and 2 car seats. It was great! Takes you right close to Pioneer Hall, no internal bus needed . ::MinnieMo

I just took at Minnie Van from dolphin to hddr. Including front seat you can seat 6 people or 4 adults and 2 car seats. It was great! Takes you right close to Pioneer Hall, no internal bus needed .
That's great!!!

A WWYD question for you Swolphin folks...
I missed the Hotwire deal for my days in August. (Going when family goes so dates are pretty set in stone.) Today the cash price for Dolphin went up about $50 to be the same as Swan. However, Swan added a cash and points deal. It’s $110 and 6,000 points a night for my dates to stay at Swan. Should I jump on this? Or hold out for something better? (Either Hotwire deal, Priceline, or anything else? I’m an AP holder, so the Costco packages aren’t for me.)
Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the tip! Lots of cash & points availability - for both Dolphin & Swan! I haven't seen that much this far out in a long time. I planned on a fully points-paid stay (6 nights), but thinking about maybe doing 5 nights points, and then the last night cash & points, since I want to take advantage of the fifth night free. I've never had the option before!

Back home today from our 5 night Dolphin stay. :sad:

Had a great stay. Just a few things that might be of interest to folks.

-Got both of the things we requested room wise... connecting rooms and west wing near the pool. We had rooms 1171 and 1173, ground floor facing the swan boats and pool. So pleasant to sit on the patio and sooooo easy to get to the pool, bus, Picabo and boat dock.

-Housekeeping was spotty. Cleaning was fine but first two days they came early while we were out of the room so no problem but last two days they came between 4-5pm when we were back trying to shower and go out for evening. First time I let her in but yesterday I said "no" not until after we shower and leave. She left the floor so I called the front desk when we were done and requested they send someone to clean, which they did while we were out.

- first day I asked housekeeping for a few extra waters, she left 16 between our two rooms!!

-breakfast at Picabo was good and affordable. We did both grab and go as well as cooked breakfasts a couple of mornings. Used the AAA discount there, at Fuel and at the pool.

-didn't realize Minnie Van was allowed at Dolphin now so we thought somehow we had gotten really lucky when it popped up on our Lyft app :laughing:. We used Minnie Van going to HDDR as many had suggested because it by passes having to take the internal bus loop. We were there in 15 min and had plenty of time to explore the horse barn, dock area and trading post before the show. We used regular Lyft 3 times as well. They seem to hang out at the mini golf across the street waiting for rides so we never waited more than 3 min! We used Lyft going to and from Disney Springs (we were so tired and just didn't want to deal with waiting for the bus) and we used it returning from our post MK stop at the Poly for Trader Sams. We used Lyft Plus to and from mco, under $50 each way, had to use Plus due to 4 adults and 4 bags. Probably a little less if using regular Lyft.

-had lunch at Fuel on arrival day, good food but busy with conventioneers. DD got a breakfast up there one morning that she brought out to the pool, it was good but again she said very busy.

-really like the refurbs they have done there since our last stay 4 years ago. Seems more upscale modern, sleek, soothing... overall a nice improvement imho.

-lastly, we did book our stay through Costco and had no hitches once we were there.

Last edited:
Back home today from our 5 night Dolphin stay. :sad:

Had a great stay.
Welcome home, that's great! But I know you wish you were still there.

Got both of the things we requested room wise
Can't beat that.

irst day I asked housekeeping for a few extra waters, she left 16 between our two rooms!!
:scared1: :thumbsup2

Used the AAA discount there, at Fuel
At Fuel also? Were there any questions there about the AAA?

We are in the early stages of planning a March 2019 trip and may consider staying at the Swalphin. We stayed a Yacht Club many years ago and had a few meals at the Dolphin.

I am interested in any recent experiences at Picabu and/or the poolside venues in accommodating food allergies. I cannot have gluten and can only have limited egg yolks. My DD is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, bananas, and melons and can have limited soy.

Great, and again, thanks for the updates.

Should also have added that indeed the HS side of the friendship boat dock was blocked off promptly Monday am. Looked like they were welding something underneath. Black tarps were installed on the bridge to HS. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter