Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Other than the queen (Swan) vs double beds (Dolphin) are there any other differences in the room between these two? Any reason one may pick Dolphin over Swan that I may be missing? I'm looking at a 2Q (or 2 dble), resort view balcony room if this helps. thanks!

We have preferred the Dolphin because all of the restaurants we prefer (Shula's, Picabu, Fountain ice cream) are all there.

Does anyone know if the Swan and/or Dolphin always have rates that require prepayment? I was looking at Thanksgiving week, and all rates say "We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room. To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of XXXX.XX USD when you make your reservation." There doesn't seem to be any distinction between regular and "prepay and save" rates with regard to the full deposit. I'm a Marriott Platinum and try to stay within the brand, but not a big fan of prepayment. I also chose a random week in June and see the same prepayment deal. Any insight? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Swan and/or Dolphin always have rates that require prepayment? I was looking at Thanksgiving week, and all rates say "We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room. To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of XXXX.XX USD when you make your reservation." There doesn't seem to be any distinction between regular and "prepay and save" rates with regard to the full deposit. I'm a Marriott Platinum and try to stay within the brand, but not a big fan of prepayment. I also chose a random week in June and see the same prepayment deal. Any insight? Thanks!

Yes- all the rates I see for all the dates I checked said that, too. I booked for 5/23-5/27 last week, but still haven't seen a charge appear on my credit card? I know another poster here said the same thing. No payment was taken even after a couple of weeks.

I don't like prepaying- rather pay more and just leave a one night deposit. But, I like the idea of staying at a deluxe resort for so much less than Disney resort prices- plus we'll get points! And right now there's a Marriott promotion where you get DOUBLE points! And even with the full prepayment, we can still cancel if necessary.

Does anyone know if the Swan and/or Dolphin always have rates that require prepayment?
I think the key is to select the Standard Rates vs the Prepay. The Standard Reservation charge doesn't hit your CC though it will ping it, but if you don't cancel then you will get the charge. Yes the rate isn't as good, but that's the price you pay if you don't want to prepay. I would say book your hotel at the Standard Rate and when you're able to commit then book the prepay rate if it's still available.

About this reservation:
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until November 13, 2019 (5 day before arrival). Please note that we will assess a fee of 616.50 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.

We had a double fireworks view balcony at the dolphin and it had a bathtub
I "think" I have this room booked for next week:
Was the your room a suite or was it a fireworks/resort view with balcony. Just wondering if the balcony will be where you can view the fireworks. Also glad to hear about the bathtub.

I think the key is to select the Standard Rates vs the Prepay. The Standard Reservation charge doesn't hit your CC though it will ping it, but if you don't cancel then you will get the charge. Yes the rate isn't as good, but that's the price you pay if you don't want to prepay. I would say book your hotel at the Standard Rate and when you're able to commit then book the prepay rate if it's still available.

About this reservation:
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until November 13, 2019 (5 day before arrival). Please note that we will assess a fee of 616.50 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.

When I booked, even the standard rate said it was going to take a prepayment? I did the AAA rate, but still no charges on my credit card.

Just to report back, we stayed at the Dolphin last weekend and used the $40 off $200 Marriott AMEX offer and it credited today. We even split payment and did $200 on my card and DHs so we could use both of our offers.

We have an AMEX card. I will have to check out the offers!- thanks!

I "think" I have this room booked for next week:
Was the your room a suite or was it a fireworks/resort view with balcony. Just wondering if the balcony will be where you can view the fireworks. Also glad to hear about the bathtub.
Not a suite, just the regular room.. for us, we could only see the fireworks from the balcony. It was a view of Hollywood Studios. I marked the area the room was in in yellow on the map. About 1.5 years ago we had a king room fireworks view balcony (marked in purple). That one was on the corner and we could see both DHS and Epcot fireworks from in the room as well as from the balcony

20190430_103500.jpg

Not a suite, just the regular room.. for us, we could only see the fireworks from the balcony. It was a view of Hollywood Studios. I marked the area the room was in in yellow on the map. About 1.5 years ago we had a king room fireworks view balcony (marked in purple). That one was on the corner and we could see both DHS and Epcot fireworks from in the room as well as from the balcony

View attachment 398112
Thanks!

Other than the queen (Swan) vs double beds (Dolphin) are there any other differences in the room between these two? Any reason one may pick Dolphin over Swan that I may be missing? I'm looking at a 2Q (or 2 dble), resort view balcony room if this helps. thanks!

Since we are daily pool ppl, I've found that our daily steps to the pool start to add up. The other shared amenities don't really matter too much in our opinion for convenience sake. Since we are perfectly happy with a king and a pull out sofa, our choice is Dolphin, in one of the rooms down the hall from the fitness room with a patio. Those are really convenient to the stuff we want, and the bed configuration works for us.

Planning a split stay in Dec - 2 nights at AKL Kidani and 6 nights at Dolphin. Have a couple of questions:

1) Conflicting info on this - will Disney bell services transfer to Dolphin? No worries if not, will just Uber over that morning to drop off the luggage.
2) Taking MDE on the arrival flight but will need to schedule our departure transport - thinking of using the Concierge services for a private SUV for this. It's $78 and I'm okay with paying a bit extra for convenience and alleviate worry over cancellation. Has anyone used with kids? Or should I get another vehicle? Kids will be 6 and 9 - not sure what the requirements are in Florida for seating for them.
3) We have a King premium deluxe studio - is the pilot for extra FP+ still going on? Wondering if this room type qualifies?
4) DH will get the refillable mug since he likes soft drinks. Is the coffee worth it for myself? That would be my main use - unless there is sparkling water/seltzer available?
5) Not Swan/Dolphin related but is sparkling water/seltzer available at table service? Kids like it and I'm sure they would prefer that over always getting plain - no soft drinks for them and with other tempting treats rather use that sugar on fun stuff rather than juice.

Thanks all for the insight! Excited to head back. First time at Dolphin - last time it was the Swan.

Experienced Swan/Dolphin guests, is it typical to announce full beach and pool closures at the last second? We walked into the lobby this morning to a sign that the entire beach area would be closed today, and all pools (save the Dolphin lap pool) will be closed for the entire day tomorrow. Tomorrow was our pool day (no FP scheduled), so this is really putting a crimp in our plans. I’m guessing having the entire contents of both resorts at one lap pool will be less than ideal.

That sucks! What was the reason?

We prefer the Swan. Queen vs double, twin vanities in bathroom area, much smaller footprint to have to walk to places within, more 'intimate'. Anything at the Dolphin is within easy walking across the crosswalk. The pool area can be closer to the Swan in some cases as compared to the distant locations at the Dolphin. Dolphin is just too big for us, nice to visit once or twice a day though.

That sucks! What was the reason?

We were told that the beach and pool areas had been rented out in connection with the conventions being hosted at the hotel.

Unfortunately, we never received our promised extra fast passes. After far too much wasted time, we were granted a partial refund of our resort fee, for some days of our stay, and an offer to “see what we can do about extra FP on your next stay”.

Overall, I definitely found the customer service underwhelming, at best.

We were told that the beach and pool areas had been rented out in connection with the conventions being hosted at the hotel.

Unfortunately, we never received our promised extra fast passes. After far too much wasted time, we were granted a partial refund of our resort fee, for some days of our stay, and an offer to “see what we can do about extra FP on your next stay”.

I hate when they do this. They really shouldn't be able to do this without some type of compensation. They eliminate an amenity of the resort for a day with nothing in return. It's hot...people want to swim and they boast about their wonderful pool area (which it is wonderful) but instead rent it out to make a buck. I arrive tomorrow and it is our pool day. I sure hope this isn't the case when I arrive.

Planning a split stay in Dec - 2 nights at AKL Kidani and 6 nights at Dolphin. Have a couple of questions:

1) Conflicting info on this - will Disney bell services transfer to Dolphin? No worries if not, will just Uber over that morning to drop off the luggage.
2) Taking MDE on the arrival flight but will need to schedule our departure transport - thinking of using the Concierge services for a private SUV for this. It's $78 and I'm okay with paying a bit extra for convenience and alleviate worry over cancellation. Has anyone used with kids? Or should I get another vehicle? Kids will be 6 and 9 - not sure what the requirements are in Florida for seating for them.
3) We have a King premium deluxe studio - is the pilot for extra FP+ still going on? Wondering if this room type qualifies?
4) DH will get the refillable mug since he likes soft drinks. Is the coffee worth it for myself? That would be my main use - unless there is sparkling water/seltzer available?
5) Not Swan/Dolphin related but is sparkling water/seltzer available at table service? Kids like it and I'm sure they would prefer that over always getting plain - no soft drinks for them and with other tempting treats rather use that sugar on fun stuff rather than juice.

Thanks all for the insight! Excited to head back. First time at Dolphin - last time it was the Swan.

1. They will transfer luggage to the Dolphin. Friends had been staying at the Contemporary before joining us at the Dolphin last week, and their luggage was sent over without issue.

2. We had a rental car and the youngest member of our party was 10 so I’m not certain, but we witnessed several car seat issues with regular Uber and Lyft vehicles, so I’d not hesitate to spend a bit more for an SUV booked direct from the hotel. I believe per FL law, kids over 5 don’t need car seats. We have used a Bubble Bum in the past without issue, and it deflates to a fairly small size.

3. If you call Swan/Dolphin reservations direct, they can tell you for sure-but be sure to call the hotel, not the general Marriott number. The pilot program was still going on as of this week. I believe that room type qualifies, though-we had a Deluxe Alcove (just checked out yesterday) and we were able to purchase the extra FP.

4. There is seltzer in the fountains, whether it’s worthwhile depends upon how much you plan to drink. We opted to have water and seltzer delivered instead, which worked well for us as we could keep bottles/cans in our fridge and throw them in our bag.

5. I ordered seltzer at several table service restaurants in various parks and resorts and it was never an issue. Some places had flavor options, some did not, but plain seltzer was always an option.

That totally fails 2 of Disney's 4 keys...Courtesy and Show. Very poor.

http://careers.disneylandparis.com/en/safety-courtesy-show-and-efficiency-our-four-keys

We have a 2Q Resort view Balcony room booked for 5/23-5/27 at the Swan. Are there any additional room requests I should add?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter