Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Are you staying only at the Swan? If so, can you buy refillable mugs at a Disney resort if not staying at a Disney resort?

Yes we are only staying at the Swan. The Disney resort mugs can be purchased by anyone no matter where they are staying. You could be staying off property outside of Disney World and are able to buy a mug which is good for 14 days from date of purchase. You do not need to be staying at a Disney resort to purchase one.

Yes we are only staying at the Swan. The Disney resort mugs can be purchased by anyone no matter where they are staying. You could be staying off property outside of Disney World and are able to buy a mug which is good for 14 days from date of purchase. You do not need to be staying at a Disney resort to purchase one.
Thanks for the info, Ron, never knew that. I learn every day here. :thumbsup2

Haha, I guess if I had read the first post in that thread I linked regarding mugs, I would have had my answer. I've seen that thread for ages but never looked at it. **Dan smacks forehead **. Thanks again, Ron.

Great info! The pool is a pretty big deal for us as well, DD loves swimming and we will hit the pool most (if not all) days.

If the pool is a pretty big deal, and you will be hitting the parks, please keep in mind that those steps are going to add up over several days. My first stay was at Swan, and by day 3, hitting the pool kinda wore on me. Sure, Swan has that lap pool, but the pool complex by the Grotto Pool - you're going there, no question. If you are pool people, when you are at the desk, ask them about getting closest to the pool, and see if those options will work for you. I just highly recommend that 1300 series. It was secluded enough from the main hallways, but super close to everything at the same time. The walkway from the pool / cabana bar area to the busses was pretty slick, too.

Does anyone have any recommendations for standard room location requests at the Swan?
Location is most important to us . I’d like to be near the main pool or transportation or both . And as far as view, we booked standard so I’m not expecting much but a decent view would be most welcome.

Yup, this type of thing is very common with S/D and MDE. Initially I had trouble linking my Costco pk but finally got it sorted out.

We are experiencing this right now! Only 5 days out from booking our fastpasses and neither Disney nor swan dolphin can seem to give us a correct reservation number to link to our MDE! Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any recommendations for standard room location requests at the Swan?
Location is most important to us . I’d like to be near the main pool or transportation or both . And as far as view, we booked standard so I’m not expecting much but a decent view would be most welcome.
Request a room in the west wing for closer to pool. For transportation, doesn't make much difference. Out the back door to the boats, front door to the buses.

Ok thank you . I hadn’t seen that and the first agent told me 24 hours so I was worried. I will happily try back on Friday. :)

I booked our Sept trip on 07/19 and held off calling until today. I did attempt to find the reservation on the Marriott website (under My Trips) but it never appeared.

We called this morning to add my daughter and didn't have any issues. They found the reservation (and verified all the details) and added her.

It was so shockingly easy/quick that when I got off the phone I wondered if I asked all the right questions.

I didn't ask for the code to add it to MDE yet... I figured that I'd give it another day or so, call again, verify everything one more time, and then ask for it.

Hoping you have the same experience; good luck.

I booked our Sept trip on 07/19 and held off calling until today. I did attempt to find the reservation on the Marriott website (under My Trips) but it never appeared.

We called this morning to add my daughter and didn't have any issues. They found the reservation (and verified all the details) and added her.

It was so shockingly easy/quick that when I got off the phone I wondered if I asked all the right questions.

I didn't ask for the code to add it to MDE yet... I figured that I'd give it another day or so, call again, verify everything one more time, and then ask for it.

Hoping you have the same experience; good luck.
Thank you very much . I was just discussing this in the Priceline thread with someone else having a similar issue. I am encouraged by how easy it was for you !

Thank you very much . I was just discussing this in the Priceline thread with someone else having a similar issue. I am encouraged by how easy it was for you !

My pleasure!

I saw (and replied) to the same thread, which is why I wanted to get my update out there... No one wants/needs that kind of stress leading up to a vacation.

If you can't find your reservation under "My Trips" go to the next link to the right, "Sign In or Join". I have found my reservation using this method when there is a difference in my profile and how the information was transmitted from Priceline.

Dave

Will we be able to store our bags with Bell Services at the Swan on checkout day ? We are thinking we will check out and then go to a park for the day. We are staying at an airport hotel that night so there is no rush to leave. If we could come back at the end of the day and get our bags and then order an Uber or Lyft to our airport hotel we will .

Will we be able to store our bags with Bell Services at the Swan on checkout day ? We are thinking we will check out and then go to a park for the day. We are staying at an airport hotel that night so there is no rush to leave. If we could come back at the end of the day and get our bags and then order an Uber or Lyft to our airport hotel we will .
Yep totally fine. I do it all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter