Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

...especially if we can get this one for cheaper than a value! It was lovely.
Our first stay was a room + ticket pkg from Costco and it was about the same price as a WDW value+ticket pkg (with a discount.)
I first assumed that Swolphin had to be some weird motel or something, since the Values are basically highly WDW themed motels. After reading through this thread, and scouring the web, I booked on faith. Pretty sure I knew I made the right choice as soon as we walked into the lobby. The walk to Epcot the next morning made me wonder how in the world this place was so budget friendly (during the right times.) Spending that afternoon in the pool, and eating at Kimonos pretty much made this the only place on prop "worth it" for us. We love DHS, swimming pools, sushi, good beds, and not overpaying (too much) for quality food.

Imagine how much more they'd be charging if there were Mickey Mouse sheets, or a hidden mickey in the Spring Pool, or some Pluto design in one of the carpets.

Swolphin isn't for everyone, the WDW Theming is more important to plenty of people, and that is a very valid reason to avoid Swolphin, I get it. The pros and cons of the amenities vs WDW "owned" (or whatever the proper term is) must be taken into account.

For our needs, Swolphin is an absolute no brainer. I'm not even a spokesperson.

Is the walking path to HS from Dolphin all finished? (meaning is all that construction/detouring gone?)

Is the walking path to HS from Dolphin all finished? (meaning is all that construction/detouring gone?)

Yes, unless you count the area around the Skyliner--that was still boarded up AND they were reworking security and the entrance, but the walkway itself was finished in May when we were there.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to book a room with a combination of cash/points at the Dolphin? I didn’t see it online and thinking it’s not available but thought I’d check and see if anyone had luck by calling in.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to book a room with a combination of cash/points at the Dolphin? I didn’t see it online and thinking it’s not available but thought I’d check and see if anyone had luck by calling in.

Bonvoy doesn't offer cash + points as it's own rate, but for a multi night reservation, select the points rate and there is an expandable line labeled "customize payments" that allows you to select either points or cash for each individual night of the stay. Right now, cash rates seem too fluctuate more widely than the points redemption rates, so it is nice that you can easily see which nights are a better value at cash and which nights are better value with points.

Thanks for the help! I ended up doing that for a multi night, using points on the expensive night and booking the other for much cheaper. Just have 30K left and didn’t know if it was possible to combine like Hilton. No big deal. There will be other trips.

Has anyone successfully stored cold items at the Dolphin luggage check in prior to your room being ready?

Thanks for the help! I ended up doing that for a multi night, using points on the expensive night and booking the other for much cheaper. Just have 30K left and didn’t know if it was possible to combine like Hilton. No big deal. There will be other trips.
This is one of the features of the Marriott system I do like. Being able to use your points for the expensive nights and paying cash for lower nights. But I do miss the old cash & points too, we got some great stays at S/D in the past using that.

Has anyone successfully stored cold items at the Dolphin luggage check in prior to your room being ready?
I asked about this when I was there and was told that they did not have the ability to store cold items. I was surprised they told me "no" as I've read other hotels offer this. Fortunately, I had my cold items in a small insulated bag and our room was ready within an hour of our arrival.

We might visit WDW August, 2020 and I am thinking of doing a split stay at a MK monorail resort and Dolphin (family of 5). I have the Marriott bonvoy card and when I put in dates today to see how many points the reservation would be, it said the hotel is not taking points??? WTH? Is this because of Star Wars Land? The cash price with resort fee was almost $400/night. Not many years back, we could get a government rate for around $200/night.

Are you sure you're looking at 2020 and not 2019? If I look at August on marriott.com and check out flexible dates, I see "Not Available for Check-in" for the first half of the month and "Rates not available" for the second half of the month.

I saw on the news today that Marriot will be eliminating small plastic toiletry bottles by December 2020 and installing wall-mounted refillable dispensers instead. :sad2:

Are you sure you're looking at 2020 and not 2019? If I look at August on marriott.com and check out flexible dates, I see "Not Available for Check-in" for the first half of the month and "Rates not available" for the second half of the month.

Yes, I tried to book 8/10/2020 to 8/14/2020 with points and it comes up with a rate of $342/night. When you hit on the hotel, it says, "sorry, this property is not taking point redemptions at this time"

Thanks! We are 9/27 to 10/1. If I try to book it on the app it goes through until the last page where I actually put in the deposit and a message says “we are sorry we cannot hold this reservation.” It has been doing that for about 6 weeks since I started trying. Swan is also open but significantly higher price for those dates. I’m holding out for a Disney property anyway so I never bothered calling. But just thought it was odd.
I got 7 nights on points in September (only taking 5 and doing 2 on DVC at Poly). I wanna say I booked about 7-8 months out. When you say you called, did you call the platinum line? The app has been super glitchy as of late. Hope you get a good stay on points.

I saw on the news today that Marriot will be eliminating small plastic toiletry bottles by December 2020 and installing wall-mounted refillable dispensers instead. :sad2:
I know this bothers some, but personally this is one green thing I can get behind. Give me my plastic straws but I can't see wasting the millions of bars of soap and half-used bottles of shampoo that are tossed out everyday. One resort alone said that it saves about 380lbs every month that would normally go to landfills.

@MarBee I just booked January 5-11 to see if booking points would work and it did. I would definitely call the platinum line. I better go cancel that reservation! I am Titanium but I can't imagine that makes any difference. Good luck!

I know this bothers some, but personally this is one green thing I can get behind. Give me my plastic straws but I can't see wasting the millions of bars of soap and half-used bottles of shampoo that are tossed out everyday. One resort alone said that it saves about 380lbs every month that would normally go to landfills.
I could get behind it if I could have one... ONE hotel room that didn't have at least ONE EMPTY dispenser. :sad2:

Good morning all!

We are due to fly in Sunday afternoon and I’ve been reading guest experiences at Disney hotels during past hurricanes.

How did the Dolphin stack up? I assume it’s self contained with generators and stuff? How was the food/restaurant situation? Was there any issues with safety; ie, did you feel safe?

Have to decide by tonight whether or not to cancel and I keep going back and forth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter