• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I very much appreciate the breakdown on your price quotes. I used senior rate and am currently holding two rooms at Swan for $261/night each, including tax and resort fee but have wondered if trying to find a suite would work out better. Our rooms are standard non-view but having two bathrooms and four beds with two teenagers along seemed more important than view anyway. I was pretty happy to get these for $522/night total but may call to see about other options. Thanks again!

I always say it’s “free to ask”.

I would definitely call. Just tell them what you’re looking for. I think having living room furniture to sit on when you come in tired is a blessing to have. You don’t always just want to flop down on beds in the middle of the day or early afternoon.

Just note that the smaller beds are full size in the dolphin, and queens at the swan. All suite options come with one king. Full/queen won’t really matter if you’ve only got one teen in each bed.

Yeah, my indoor comfort is more important to me than my view as well. If I get a decent view, that’s just gravy.

Reactions: CJN
I have a conference here the week before thanksgiving. What are the chances that they will have Christmas decorations up on that week?

The article was written in 2017, and stated that the renovations were done over a three year period; which, potentially, pushes some back to 2014.

This helps explain, a bit, the condition of the room we had (the bathroom... not so much, it really needs a proper repair). It was def tired. Maybe it was one of the older renovations.

I'm not trying to knock the resort, I enjoyed it... I just have a hard time giving it my full endorsement.
I 100% feel the same way. We last stayed in 2017 in a newly renovated Swan room. I remember saying “it looks like the just hired the cheapest people to do the work in the shortest amount of time.” There was paint splatters and bubbles everywhere and the acrylic tub already was peeling and chipping. There were other examples that just showed shoddy work and craftsmanship but I can’t remember anymore.
Since then I booked once when I got a ridiculous Hotwire rate (I think it was like $72 a night!) but we had a medical issue in our travel party and had to cancel.
I still recommend the hotel to people if they can get it cheaper than a Disney moderate, but it’s certainly not my go to. In fact, after reading this report I’m a bit nervous about my conference stay in November.

After my conference is done on a Friday, I’m debating on switching to a Disney hotel until Sunday in case I don’t like it now. Decisions, decisions...

Update:

Changed my room from swan executive suite to dolphin deluxe studio with attached king lock off. Dec 15-20 $2559.38 GT. Includes taxes and resort fee.

I wrongly assumed that the lock off had to be 2 full size beds. Didn’t realize it can also be a king. I lose one bathroom, a balcony and I think the wet bar but this was a $1300 savings.

Sure I’d rather be in the Swan, but $1300.00!!!

So. What did I do? I added an extra day!!! pixiedust:

Brings my GT to $3064. Still $800 less than the other suite.

Thought I would post because I know some people were interested in the quotes I was getting.

@CJN @jennypenny

We've got 5 nights booked at the Swan in January for Marathon Weekend. It is our first Swan or Dolphin stay. Noticed that there are no laundry facilities at Swan; it appears you have to go to the Dolphin. Anybody have experience or comments on doing laundry? We want to clean our sweaty running stuff before returning home.

Also- looking forward to the "lap pool" at Swan. How long is it, how many lanes wide, and is it usually very crowded? We are planning on some swimming to keep loose.

Thanks!

We've got 5 nights booked at the Swan in January for Marathon Weekend. It is our first Swan or Dolphin stay. Noticed that there are no laundry facilities at Swan; it appears you have to go to the Dolphin. Anybody have experience or comments on doing laundry? We want to clean our sweaty running stuff before returning home.
Thanks!

I’ve done laundry at the Dolphin multiple times. There are about 10 washers and 10 dryers. It’s $3 per load for the washers and $3 per 36 minutes for the dryers. They take cash and credit card. They do have a vending machine for detergent and dryer sheets but I bring my own Tide pods and dryer sheets. I’ve never had to wait for a washer or dryer. There may have been 3-4 machines being used when I was there (either morning or early afternoon).

The laundry is located on the first floor in the west wing, closest to the grotto pool area and arcade.

Also- looking forward to the "lap pool" at Swan. How long is it, how many lanes wide, and is it usually very crowded? We are planning on some swimming to keep loose
Looks to be 100 feet. Not sure how many lanes. I know it is usually not crowded. Most people are usually over at the Grotto and beach area.

Here is a Google view.

https://goo.gl/maps/52JSrW1QAHafwjAcA

Also- looking forward to the "lap pool" at Swan. How long is it, how many lanes wide, and is it usually very crowded? We are planning on some swimming to keep loose.
Oddly enough I found nothing about the distance of either lap pool. Even one lap swimmer thread noted that lifeguards at S/D or Coronado didn't know. The persons estimate was they appeared to be 25m lap pools and both had lane lines, though some others have said that it will vary one pool will have lane lines while the other may not.

Oddly enough I found nothing about the distance of either lap pool. Even one lap swimmer thread noted that lifeguards at S/D or Coronado didn't know. The persons estimate was they appeared to be 25m lap pools and both had lane lines, though some others have said that it will vary one pool will have lane lines while the other may not.
Steve, I used Google Maps measuring tool.

How far ahead of time should you submit a room request via the Concierge Services online form?

Welcome back, Mimi. :wave: Haven't seen you in ages.

I would send the request via that link when you have you reservation booked. And then again, maybe a reminder a week or 2 prior to your trip. They should respond to you that they received your request, but, as always, no guarantees.

When you do go, enjoy, have a great trip, Mimi. :beach:

Welcome back, Mimi. :wave: Haven't seen you in ages.

I would send the request via that link when you have you reservation booked. And then again, maybe a reminder a week or 2 prior to your trip. They should respond to you that they received your request, but, as always, no guarantees.

When you do go, enjoy, have a great trip, Mimi. :beach:

Hi Dan!

Thank you for the information. I haven't been on the boards in quite a while. I booked a reservation at the Swan and Dolphin this morning. We are looking forward to a trip to WDW next July. Hope you and your family are doing well. :)

My rate for my December stay dropped by $100. I've already booked CL FP+ based on my current confirmation #.

Is there anyway to update and take advantage of the drop in price without losing my FP+s?? I have king premium room at the Dolphin. I'd love to save some $$ if possible. Not sure if I call directly if the hotel will update my rate on current reservation?

Also - for king premium studios - not sure where these are located to have a room request added? Not sure what would be the most advantageous spot. Will be either going to parks or at the pool so something that would be central?

Last edited:
@marymoo86 it's worth a call, I'd call direct 407.934.4000, not the 800 number that might put you on with Marriott call center, then ask for in-house reservations.

Even if you change you shouldn't risk immediately losing you FP+ but since it's S/D and not Disney it's good to be cautious.

Hi Dan!

Thank you for the information. I haven't been on the boards in quite a while. I booked a reservation at the Swan and Dolphin this morning. We are looking forward to a trip to WDW next July. Hope you and your family are doing well. :)
Well, you've been missed. Nice to see you again. And great to hear about the upcoming trip.

We're all doing well, thanks, Mimi. Hope you all are also.

Any questions here, ask away.

Wait.

Was there some kind of rate drop I don’t know about?

I have a Dec 2019 reservation at the Dolphin. Please advise.

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter