• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can someone tell me which rooms at the swan qualify for CL? I’m going to try calling and seeing if there is anyway to upgrade my points room by paying cash ahead of time.

Found this, but I would call Guest Services to be sure

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms

Can someone tell me which rooms at the swan qualify for CL? I’m going to try calling and seeing if there is anyway to upgrade my points room by paying cash ahead of time.

I'll try to help but be aware, my info is outdated.

I do not believe that there is a 'Club Level' (as found in WDW resorts) at the Swan or Dolphin at present (unless this has changed over the last few months). SO, I am guessing that you mean qualify for CLFP+ when you say "qualify for CL".

My understanding is that an 'alcove suite' or higher qualifies as equivalent to staying CL at a WDW resort and allows you to purchase CL FP+ (or, at least that was how it worked when we did this about a year ago). At the time, it was the lowest price booking that I could find that qualified for CLFP+. I'm not sure if that is still true. Perhaps CL rooms at the new GDT in CSR may have that distinction now.

Hopefully someone else has more up to date information than I.

Extra person charges seem to be added when you book online with more than two people, but these charges should not be there when booking children. Ugh! As PP said, you can get this dropped when you arrive at the resort.
Personally, I would only book for two adults online and then call to add the children in order to avoid the 'extra person' charge. However, be sure to have everyone added to the resort reservation prior to linking the reservation to MDE. It is a PITA to change anything with your Swan/Dolphin reservation once it is linked to MDE. (IME, at least)

Good luck!

I do not believe that there is a 'Club Level' (as found in WDW resorts) at the Swan or Dolphin at present
This is correct. The club level was eliminated about 15 years ago.

I defer to Babsy for the other information.

Has anyone tried using a suite rewards certificate and had any luck? We have enough suite upgrade rewards for 10 nights at this point and I'm wondering if they'd work at the Swan.

Hubs hit Ambassador status this week (cutting it close lol) so I'll report back on how/if that improves our experience at the Swan this year (2020).

We used suite rewards for a points stay in October to upgrade to a deluxe room with balcony at the Swan to guarantee Epcot view. Tried to buy the upgrade with points but they didn’t have it available at the time I called (not sure if they were “sold out” or not doing it anymore) and they offered the ability to upgrade using suite night rewards.

Earlier this week, I booked a double Alcove room at the Dolphin. It took four phone calls (2 to DSS, one to the hotel, and another to a Disney help desk that the hotel told me to call) before I was given a definitive answer that the Alcove room would qualify for CLFP. My booking date is not until February though. Hopefully, I won't have any probably making the CLFP through DSS come February.

Unfortunately, it still seems to matter who you get on the phone. I'll call and try to upgrade with points.

Thanks, shoreward. That train and nutcracker/toy soldier are nice additions. I do not recall those in past years, (I think).

I just looked back at my photos from last year to see if the train and nutcracker were there as I don’t recall them either. Can you believe it? We stayed 10 days and I didn’t take one photo of that display! Not a single one. 😳

So success!!! They let me upgrade my free points room to a deluxe alcove for $90 a night. Yay I’m so happy.

now how do I go about purchasing the club level FPP?

First, I would link the alcove suite reservation to your MDE account. Then I would start by calling DSS.
at least, that is what I did.
I called DSS and they booked the CL FP+ for us. However, now that I think about it we also had another CL stay booked at the GF.......so I'm not sure.

Still, I would make sure the reservation showed as an alcove suite. THEN I would make sure everyone was attached to the reservation properly, then I would link the Swan reservation to MDE, Then I would call DSS And ask when and how I would be able to book the extra CL FP+ (even if I knew when, just to make sure that there wasn't anything else needed).

Finally, first thing on 90 days from return, I would book my FP+. Be sure to also know what you want for your regular FP+ as they will book those at 90 days as well, at least for the days that you have CL FP+ paid for.

Good luck!

So success!!! They let me upgrade my free points room to a deluxe alcove for $90 a night. Yay I’m so happy.

now how do I go about purchasing theclub level FPP?
I thought the club level fastpasses were just a perk for official Disney Resorts, but I hope I'm wrong for your sake.

I thought the club level fastpasses were just a perk for official Disney Resorts, but I hope I'm wrong for your sake.
They are available at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels for the Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms.

So success!!! They let me upgrade my free points room to a deluxe alcove for $90 a night.
Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, but by 'deluxe alcove' at the Swan do you mean this room?
mcodw-guest-room-4951-hor-wide.jpg

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, but by 'deluxe alcove' at the Swan do you mean this room?
mcodw-guest-room-4951-hor-wide.jpg

i notice they use that picture for a couple room categories. The room they upgraded me too shows that picture but the description of the room is a “deluxe king alcove suite”

I think that there alcove suite that qualifies for CL FP+ has two rooms with the alcove connecting them? I'm not sure but this is what I had booked for CL FP+ eligibility (the reason that I'm not certain is that we were upgraded at the time). :)
We were in the Dolphin Grand suite, I believe. VERY nice!

I think that there alcove suite that qualifies for CL FP+ has two rooms with the alcove connecting them? I'm not sure but this is what I had booked for CL FP+ eligibility (the reason that I'm not certain is that we were upgraded at the time). :)
We were in the Dolphin Grand suite, I believe. VERY nice!

I asked on here before booking and it seemed like others had gotten them with that exact room. They refer to the room as a suite. I think that’s what makes it qualify.

Even if they say no I’m happy with the price for an upgraded room. Since I’m platinum I normally get upgraded. But going overspring break I knew that may not be likely if I waited.

I asked on here before booking and it seemed like others had gotten them with that exact room. They refer to the room as a suite. I think that’s what makes it qualify.

Even if they say no I’m happy with the price for an upgraded room. Since I’m platinum I normally get upgraded. But going overspring break I knew that may not be likely if I waited.

I am pretty sure that you will be able to book CL FP+ WITH The room that you have booked. Enjoy!

I just booked the dolphin for 5 nights direct through Marriott. I got an 8 digit confirmation code. Is this the right confirmation code to link to MDE? It says it may take 72 hours. Has anyone had trouble linking their rooms?

I just booked the dolphin for 5 nights direct through Marriott. I got an 8 digit confirmation code. Is this the right confirmation code to link to MDE? It says it may take 72 hours. Has anyone had trouble linking their rooms?
I find that it usually will link the day after booking, though it might take an extra day over the weekend.

The name on your Marriott reservation needs to exactly match to that on MDE - including any middle name or initial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter