Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@luvpoohandcompany right now your best deals are probably on S/D's site or Marriott, over the years some good deals on priceline and other similar sites. Though mostly those sites were good about refunds during all this, as a general rule there are no refunds on those sites. A few years back when booked through Costco, as whole package it was a good deal but not a steal of a deal.

When booking the Swan/Dolphin do most people book through the Marriott site for the best deal?
When pricing our May 2020 trip, and then pricing it again when we moved our trip to December 2020, and yet again when we moved to May 2021, a package through Costco was the cheapest. Booking a package through Disney was more than Costco but less than booking through Marriott and buying park tickets separately.The Marriott direct rates do change, so the prices might drop if you watch and wait (although now that you need park pass reservations, booking earlier might be less stressful). If Bonvoy points are important to you though, it's probably best to book through Marriott. When we booked through Costco our stay was classified as a "group rate" and therefore was not eligible to earn loyalty points.

Dan, I had no plans to visit WDW until 2021, and was going to go to Disneyland in December instead. However, when I saw round-trip fares of $49 from ORD-MCO for the week before Thanksgiving - I booked it! There are $49 RT fares in December, too.
So with Swan Dolphin not having Magical Express, would Uber work best for transportation from airport to Swan?

So with Swan Dolphin not having Magical Express, would Uber work best for transportation from airport to Swan?

How many people? In the past, I usually booked Mears when traveling solo. I used Super Shuttle last fall, but when they cancelled my pick-up to the airport as I was waiting for it - I used Uber. Another option is a one-way car rental from National, Alamo, or Enterprise - with drop-off at the Dolphin. However, you'd need to make sure their car rental office is open when you plan to visit.

I'll be at WDW with my son in December (just changed flights from November yesterday), so we may use a car service - like Tiffany Town Car.

How many people? In the past, I usually booked Mears when traveling solo. I used Super Shuttle last fall, but when they cancelled my pick-up to the airport as I was waiting for it - I used Uber. Another option is a one-way car rental from National, Alamo, or Enterprise - with drop-off at the Dolphin. However, you'd need to make sure their car rental office is open when you plan to visit.

I'll be at WDW with my son in December (just changed flights from November yesterday), so we may use a car service - like Tiffany Town Car.
Thank you. It would just be 2 me and my husband.

@luvpoohandcompany right now your best deals are probably on S/D's site or Marriott, over the years some good deals on priceline and other similar sites. Though mostly those sites were good about refunds during all this, as a general rule there are no refunds on those sites. A few years back when booked through Costco, as whole package it was a good deal but not a steal of a deal.
I booked today through a Priceline express deal for like 120 a night. Marriott currently has it $155. And Priceline included a button on their itinerary email for canceling, which is new since the pandemic.

We have an early morning flight and will probably arrive to the Swan by 10:30/11 AM....are we able to drop our bags with bell services as you can at other Disney resorts? If so, will they deliver them to our room when it’s ready?

Is the car service that much faster than calling an Uber? And if so, is it much more expensive?

Our flight arrives at 11:15, so we'll need to collect our luggage and be on our way. Hoping to drop luggage with bell services and then Uber to MK for the day. Or if our room is ready, we can just drop our stuff there. Has anyone had luck with their rooms being ready early?

10 days till we arrive at Swan! Could anyone advise how early to submit my concierge room request form? Is one week out good? Thanks!

Is the car service that much faster than calling an Uber? And if so, is it much more expensive?

Our flight arrives at 11:15, so we'll need to collect our luggage and be on our way. Hoping to drop luggage with bell services and then Uber to MK for the day. Or if our room is ready, we can just drop our stuff there. Has anyone had luck with their rooms being ready early?
We used a car service when we went in 2016. The driver was waiting for us at baggage claim when we arrived. It was $115 round-trip, which was actually cheaper than a taxi (which was $65 each way) and it included a grocery stop on the way. I think Lyft/Uber run about $35-$40 one-way to Swalphin.

We used a car service when we went in 2016. The driver was waiting for us at baggage claim when we arrived. It was $115 round-trip, which was actually cheaper than a taxi (which was $65 each way) and it included a grocery stop on the way. I think Lyft/Uber run about $35-$40 one-way to Swalphin.
This sounds like FL Tours car service. I use them a lot and I highly recommend them. If you are looking for a cheaper option and if your party size allows, Uber/Lyft is cheaper.

Thank you. It would just be 2 me and my husband.

I'd use Uber, BUT....
If you plan on stopping anywhere, between the airport and the resort, you might be able to find a one way rental for cheap, if you shop around. Sometimes a company will have a weird price for whatever reason. Just make sure it's the right company for returning to the valet. I've never done it this way, but I had planned it one year. I cancelled the rental because my s/o had to go early, and was able to grab a rental before I got there. I'd say depending on the time of day, budget 30-50 bux for the Uber. Their prices vary depending on demand. Uber will let you stop on the way, with meter running or for whatever fee. The car services are usually a tad pricier, but usually nicer cars. Uber has fancier cars if you choose the more premium option for your request, and you'll pay more as well.

For 2 people though, I'd use an Uber. Those small "regular" cars are much more roomy than they appear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter