• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

UGH. Is this official, confirmed info?

On to figure out hotel number 3, I guess. 3rd time's a charm, right? That still works in 2020?

we are here at the swan now. The bartender at the big pool told us yesterday the dolphin will be open in October. So it sounds like they are at the very least planning on being open starting October.

Can anyone tell me what toiletries are currently provided? I tried searching the thread but couldn't find any very recent replies. Mini bottles or dispensers for shampoo, conditioner, body wash? Anyone know the brand?

Key card at the Swan & Dolphin for now.

But you can still download the Bonvoy app to your Smartphone. They support Mobile Check-in where you will get a Txt when your room(s) are ready. You can also use the Bonvoy app to chat with hotel staff for more service items for your room or other "on site" questions?

https://mobile-app.marriott.com/en-us#check-in
The Bonvoy app is able to open your hotel room door at select properties but the Swan & Dolphin have not been upgraded with this new door technology as of today.

There is also the handy Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin app for Android and Apple that provides resort information on transportation, restaurant hours, menus, and for those options that take reservations: link to Open Table to book online or phone number.

Dave

Key card at the Swan & Dolphin for now.

But you can still download the Bonvoy app to your Smartphone. They support Mobile Check-in where you will get a Txt when your room(s) are ready. You can also use the Bonvoy app to chat with hotel staff for more service items for your room or other "on site" questions?

https://mobile-app.marriott.com/en-us#check-in
The Bonvoy app is able to open your hotel room door at select properties but the Swan & Dolphin have not been upgraded with this new door technology as of today.

There is also the handy Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin app for Android and Apple that provides resort information on transportation, restaurant hours, menus, and for those options that take reservations: link to Open Table to book online or phone number.

Dave
Yes!!! We have the app! And it said something about using your phone so I wasn’t sure!! Thanks so much !!

We had a Dolphin reservation for October and they switched us the the Swan. It now appears that the Dolphin is going to be open during our dates, October 7-13. We have never stayed at either hotel, while I realize I could search all 586 pages for peoples thoughts, I would appreciate any recent thoughts about which you like better for those who have stayed at both.

Thank you!

We had a Dolphin reservation for October and they switched us the the Swan. It now appears that the Dolphin is going to be open during our dates, October 7-13. We have never stayed at either hotel, while I realize I could search all 586 pages for peoples thoughts, I would appreciate any recent thoughts about which you like better for those who have stayed at both.

Thank you!

How many people are travelling? That is a huge key to me as to which property i prefer.

Thank you!
The biggest difference is really the room set up. Dolphin rooms have one sink and double beds while Swan rooms have two sinks and queen beds.

Just 2 of us.
If there are just two of you, and you are sleeping in a King or two separate beds, I’d go for the Dolphin. I like the overall hotel better at the Dolphin, but the full sized beds don’t work for our family of 4. However, if you get moved to the Swan, it’s no big deal. All of the amenities are shared and within a quick walk:)

Anyone think the Sip, Savor & Stay events are worth the hassle? Price is great, but it's only 2 hours and not sure of quality. Anyone have any thoughts?

If there are just two of you, and you are sleeping in a King or two separate beds, I’d go for the Dolphin. I like the overall hotel better at the Dolphin, but the full sized beds don’t work for our family of 4. However, if you get moved to the Swan, it’s no big deal. All of the amenities are shared and within a quick walk:)

I agree 100% with this. Dolphin has better restaurants/amenities, while the Swan is better for a bigger family.

Looking to book through the Marriott website. What does “no view” mean? I see it when looking to book at either hotel. Thanks!

Looking to book through the Marriott website. What does “no view” mean? I see it when looking to book at either hotel. Thanks!

I think it means parking lot or another building. I booked it since it was the cheapest and I don't really care what my view is since we'll be outside most of the time. Now I just hope there's a window to see if it's raining. HAHAHA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter