Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I know this is probably a silly question. Here we go. With a Swan hotel reservation, are you able to select Individual Lightning Lanes at 7:00am? Such as Rise of the Resistance

Regarding booking ILL$ at 7:00 . . .

I have heard some reports of S&D guests not being able to do this. Sometimes, that's because their hotel reservation disappeared from MDE at the last minute, and they needed to waste valuable time trying to relink it. But it seems that sometimes, even when the reservation remains linked on MDE, they are still somehow unable to book ILL$.

Here is an exchange I recently had on another thread with one such person:
After completing mobile check in you can book for arrival day. I wasn't able to however since I started at the Dolphin and the reservation wasn't recognized even though it was in MDE.
Were you able to book ILL$ the next day (and subsequent days) at 7:00? Or did the system still not recognize your Dolphin reservation? If you were, did you do anything to get the system to recognize it? We will be staying at the Swan later this month. We're arriving at night, so we're not going to the parks on arrival day. But I'm hoping to purchase hard-to-get ILL$s at 7:00 the next morning. And I'm very concerned about reports of the Genie system not recognizing a Swan or Dolphin reservation, even though it is still showing in MDE.
I couldn't get ILL$ that first day for RotR and it was sold out by 9am. G+ was OK since it's open to everyone at 7am.

I went to GET in the park and they took my info for both the reservation and my phone settings and escalated to IT. After that I was good.

You may want to try calling Disney IT before you go to check it for you. I know there is a different number for them if you search the boards and hopefully not a 2 hour wait!
I'm wondering if others have thoughts on any of this. Or experiences with it. How big of a problem is this? What can be done about it?

I have heard some reports of S&D guests not being able to do this. Sometimes, that's because their hotel reservation disappeared from MDE at the last minute, and they needed to waste valuable time trying to relink it. But it seems that sometimes, even when the reservation remains linked on MDE, they are still somehow unable to book ILL$.

I'm wondering if others have thoughts on any of this. Or experiences with it. How big of a problem is this? What can be done about it?
I'm reading of similar problems on the Facebook Genie+ group as well. Hopefully IT figures this out soon.

Happened to our group Thanksgiving week. Not recognized as on site guests despite reservation showing in MDE.

Do people think it would be advisable to call IT in advance of our trip and try to make sure that my reservation is properly recognized by the system? Or would that be a useless exercise?

Are people experiencing this as a new issue upon arrival? Once I got my reservation linked I haven’t had the unlinking/disappearing issue. Hoping that means I somehow escaped the glitch.

Are people experiencing this as a new issue upon arrival? Once I got my reservation linked I haven’t had the unlinking/disappearing issue. Hoping that means I somehow escaped the glitch.
I've had my Swan/Dolphin reservations fall off MDE a number of times over the years. It isn't a new issue, however, I don't know if this is something different going on? Just check to be sure it's in your MDE app before it's time to book your Genie stuff.

As I understand it, this is something different from the long-standing problem of S&D reservations falling off of MDE from time to time. This is a necessarily new phenomenon that affects the Genie system, in particular the ability to purchase ILL$ at 7:00 -- which is very important, especially on more crowded days, because the best rides sell out long before 9:00. This is a phenomenon where MDE still shows and recognizes your S&D reservation, but yet the system won't let you book at 7:00 because it somehow doesn't think that you are entitled to do so. By the time you get that taken care of, you have missed out on a huge perk of staying at S&D, and you have suffered through very stressful interactions with CMs that wasted a ton of valuable park time.

As I understand it, this is something different from the long-standing problem of S&D reservations falling off of MDE from time to time. This is a necessarily new phenomenon that affects the Genie system, in particular the ability to purchase ILL$ at 7:00 -- which is very important, especially on more crowded days, because the best rides sell out long before 9:00. This is a phenomenon where MDE still shows and recognizes your S&D reservation, but yet the system won't let you book at 7:00 because it somehow doesn't think that you are entitled to do so. By the time you get that taken care of, you have missed out on a huge perk of staying at S&D, and you have suffered through very stressful interactions with CMs that wasted a ton of valuable park time.
I wonder if it’s a package vs non-package issue? Like if I’d booked a Dolphin package through Disney it recognizes me as on property but a Marriott reservation + separate park tickets does not?
I may live with the hold time to call WDW with that question

We were at the Dolphin Thanksgiving week, with two separate reservations (originally had planned a split stay). Both were in MDE before check-in, and I suspect the first one somehow fell off right after check-in, because when we went for early entry the next morning, my Magicband did not work and I had to provide other proof of staying on site. I didn't notice it was gone until the next day, though, when I got a notice I couldn't view ILL times before park open. The 2nd of our two reservations never disappeared, and our bands did work for extended hours that time.

Does anyone know what coffee pods I can buy that will fit the Dolphin coffee makers? I thought someone posted a link earlier in this thread but I can't find it.

Thank you for posting this here. I should have thought of it.

Some more info, I can't say when the reservation disappeared from MDE honestly, might have been a day or 2 before arrival. I booked 2 rooms via Marriott site with AP discount.

On my arrival day I purchased G+ from home, SWA wi-fi and at 7am from the plane tried for RotR and was told not eligible. G+ LL SDD was gone, got ToT for around noon.

Started a WDW chat at 732am response came at 336pm. It wasn't any help just that Dolphin passes info to Disney so it's on their side which it wasn't since everything was fine.

Park was packed with long GET lines. I waited to make sure it was resolved. CM took my info and phone settings and escalated to IT. They did something and it was fine for the next day. If that was my only shot for Rise I would have made more of an issue. We wound up getting on the standby line at close and waited about 45mins.

I found the direct Tech Support line: 407-939-4357 maybe the waits will be less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter