Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all. Looking at potentially booking Swan or Dolphin for a 3-day pre-Christmas trip (checking out on Christmas Day) both for having a nice hotel and for the EMH benefit. However, the booking site has me very confused. There's a "Disney" room rate or a regular room, and they're different. Does it matter which rate I select or do all Swolphin guests automatically get the Disney benefits? Thanks in advance.

I am wondering where to get info on the decorations at Swan and Dolphin. Any links? I have seen all the big Disney resorts and have never stopped in there. Is it worth it? we will be at BWV so not far to get over there.

Any special type activities in Dec? Nights vs Days?

Hi all. Looking at potentially booking Swan or Dolphin for a 3-day pre-Christmas trip (checking out on Christmas Day) both for having a nice hotel and for the EMH benefit. However, the booking site has me very confused. There's a "Disney" room rate or a regular room, and they're different. Does it matter which rate I select or do all Swolphin guests automatically get the Disney benefits? Thanks in advance.

What site are you looking at? All Swan/Dolphin rooms get WDW benefits.

I am wondering where to get info on the decorations at Swan and Dolphin. Any links? I have seen all the big Disney resorts and have never stopped in there. Is it worth it? we will be at BWV so not far to get over there.

Any special type activities in Dec? Nights vs Days?

Here are a couple links on Christmastime at the S/D.....

http://santasfavoriteresort.com/

http://www.mousesteps.com/christmas...06/504-swan-and-dolphin?showall=1&limitstart=

The second thread is from 2010, but still current.

And the dancing lights are almost like a mini Osborne light show, quite unique.

Thanks so much!

How have we missed this? We go to WDW every Dec, for years... It looks wonderful. Love the displays and lights!

Last edited:
Does anyone here know if there is a place inside the Dolphin to purchase Greek yogurt? I'm going to be there for four nights next month, and I eat 2-3 Greek yogurts a day. I had hoped to utilize Garden Grocer, but I discovered the Dolphin doesn't allow their deliveries. I understand that they want people to use their pantry service, but they don't have Greek yogurt listed on their pantry menu. I thought maybe the Picabu cafeteria had some. I follow a pretty specific diet plan following gastric bypass surgery, and I don't want to get off track during my stay.

Can anyone confirm that a half gallon of milk will fit in the mini fridge in the Swan hotel rooms? Hoping to keep milk and cereal in our room for breakfasts!

Thanks!

So excited for our upcoming Swan stay win their new rooms. Just was hoping to hear from some that, indeed, their 60 day FP perk worked on My Disney Experience with a Swan reservation.

Thank you!

So excited for our upcoming Swan stay win their new rooms. Just was hoping to hear from some that, indeed, their 60 day FP perk worked on My Disney Experience with a Swan reservation.

Thank you!
Yes!! It works! The 60 day window doesn't show up until the 60th day though.

Good to know! I am still struggling to link my reservation, but i have two weeks until I am at 60 days. THANK YOU!

Can anyone confirm that a half gallon of milk will fit in the mini fridge in the Swan hotel rooms? Hoping to keep milk and cereal in our room for breakfasts!

Thanks!
we were there 10/3-10/10

Half gallon of milk fit fine along with a ton of other stuff. Its a full on mini fridge.

Does anyone here know if there is a place inside the Dolphin to purchase Greek yogurt? I'm going to be there for four nights next month, and I eat 2-3 Greek yogurts a day. I had hoped to utilize Garden Grocer, but I discovered the Dolphin doesn't allow their deliveries. I understand that they want people to use their pantry service, but they don't have Greek yogurt listed on their pantry menu. I thought maybe the Picabu cafeteria had some. I follow a pretty specific diet plan following gastric bypass surgery, and I don't want to get off track during my stay.
I can't think of a place for sure. I think I would bring some for the refrigerator. Or possibly call the resort and ask to talk to Picabu.

I can't think of a place for sure. I think I would bring some for the refrigerator. Or possibly call the resort and ask to talk to Picabu.

You could also check the Screen Door General Store at Boardwalk (just a short walk or one stop boat ride) as they have a bit more selection than your average gift shop due to the DVC villas at Boardwalk. Another option is to walk through the Boardwalk resort, out the backside of their parking lot, and across the street to the Speedway gas station. I am saying this assuming you won't have a car - if you have a car, it would be about a minute drive from the Dolphin! Good luck locating your yogurt and have a great time!!

When we stay at Swan/Dolphin we usually take a towncar service from the airport to the resort. Most of the companies I've seen in the Orlando area include a 30 minute grocery stop. If you're flying into Orlando, this could be an option and would allow you to pick up other food as well. We've also taken Uber from the resorts to grocery stores or pharmacies and didn't find the cost to be too bad since we needed to pick up a bunch of things for the week. I believe you can get fare estimates on Uber's website or on the app.

You could also check the Screen Door General Store at Boardwalk (just a short walk or one stop boat ride) as they have a bit more selection than your average gift shop due to the DVC villas at Boardwalk. Another option is to walk through the Boardwalk resort, out the backside of their parking lot, and across the street to the Speedway gas station. I am saying this assuming you won't have a car - if you have a car, it would be about a minute drive from the Dolphin! Good luck locating your yogurt and have a great time!!
I emailed the Dolphin and they confirmed that they have a couple of flavors of Greek yogurt at Picabu for $3.59 each. I'm still going to check out the Boardwalk general store, but it's good to know that there is some on-site if they don't have any there.

I have a couple of questions that I hope aren't answered on the 1st page (which is awesome). Do I need to make dining reservations for the S/D restaurants? If so, can I do it online or is there a number to call? Since magic bands don't come with the reservation can I use one from a previous trip? Will my park tickets, Disney dining reservations and fastpasses be on it? I'm staying view at the Dolphin, is there a certain room or section of the hotel that I should request? We would like to be close to an exit near the parks.

What site are you looking at? All Swan/Dolphin rooms get WDW benefits.
That's what I always understood but I was looking at the Swan/Dolphin site directly (swandolphin dot com when then goes to the Sheraton site for the Swan). They list different room options, where one of them is called "Disney Exclusive".

I have a couple of questions that I hope aren't answered on the 1st page (which is awesome). Do I need to make dining reservations for the S/D restaurants? If so, can I do it online or is there a number to call? Since magic bands don't come with the reservation can I use one from a previous trip? Will my park tickets, Disney dining reservations and fastpasses be on it? I'm staying view at the Dolphin, is there a certain room or section of the hotel that I should request? We would like to be close to an exit near the parks.
It would be best to make reservations, but normally not as critical as some of the most popular Disney owned restaurants. You can set up your concierge account and use that, or call. http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

Your magic bands you already have will work just fine, for everything except opening your room lock and charge back on purchases to your room account.

Not sure about room requests, I usually stay at the Swan. Others may jump in here. You might also call and request that on your reservation.

It would be best to make reservations, but normally not as critical as some of the most popular Disney owned restaurants. You can set up your concierge account and use that, or call. http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

Your magic bands you already have will work just fine, for everything except opening your room lock and charge back on purchases to your room account.

Not sure about room requests, I usually stay at the Swan. Others may jump in here. You might also call and request that on your reservation.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter