• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone seen notices for "Yoga on the Beach"...? It was advertised briefly last summer but I haven't found mention of it since.
TIA,
Anita

Thanks Dan...shucks.
Hope for some classes in March when we will be there...if not I understand the Dolphin fitness center is open 24/7...that could work.

I have an SPG AMEX Business Card. One of the perks of the Business Card is club access when staying at Sheraton Properties. Does Dolphin have a club lounge? I thought I read that it was gone. Does anyone know if they give a breakfast perk in lieu of no lounge? I am Gold, not platinum

I have an SPG AMEX Business Card. One of the perks of the Business Card is club access when staying at Sheraton Properties. Does Dolphin have a club lounge? I thought I read that it was gone. Does anyone know if they give a breakfast perk in lieu of no lounge? I am Gold, not platinum
Club lounges are gone at both S/D. As for breakfast, I have never heard of that, and I have been gold for 17 years now. Wish there was.

They do not have a breakfast perk. I also have SPG Business. We are supposed to get a free room upgrade if available. When I stayed, they tried to sell me an upgraded/renovated room for $40 per night. I declined. I contacted SPG to see if I should have gotten that room as an upgrade and according to them I should have gotten the upgrade. Seems some of the help at the counter do not know all of the benefits for the SPG Business card holders.

It is a perk of the business card, not being Gold. I know Platinum gets the breakfast.
Ahh, okay. I just now updated my Guest to Business, had not known it was available. I use business cards on my other reward cards.

Platinum gets breakfast with a small upcharge, see below.

Just came back from my first stay at the Swan and I have to say - I was nervous after reading some reviews beforehand but we had an amazing time! It was so nice to be able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and I loved our updated room. As an SPG Platinum member, we got the free breakfast (with a small upcharge, basically the cost of 2 cups of coffee) and the staff threw in a few drink coupons for a birthday we were celebrating. Kimonos had amazing sushi and the pool was very relaxing. Overall, excellent hotel and very friendly staff.

Ahh, okay. I just now updated my Guest to Business, had not known it was available. I use business cards on my other reward cards.

Platinum gets breakfast with a small upcharge, see below.

Platinum can choose daily breakfast as their welcome amenity. There is a continental option from the buffet (cold items + hot cereal) that is included. The small upcharge mentioned is if you choose the full buffet instead of just continental.

They do not have a breakfast perk. I also have SPG Business. We are supposed to get a free room upgrade if available. When I stayed, they tried to sell me an upgraded/renovated room for $40 per night. I declined. I contacted SPG to see if I should have gotten that room as an upgrade and according to them I should have gotten the upgrade. Seems some of the help at the counter do not know all of the benefits for the SPG Business card holders.

It is a perk of the business card, not being Gold. I know Platinum gets the breakfast.
Thanks for the heads up both of you. I now have my SPG Business card.

And now I have a question. . . :confused3

We are going for a four day stay at Dolphin, but our reservation is through a Conference albeit in my husband's name. The reservation # is odd--only 7 letters/numbers. I tried to link it to MDE (because I'm not attending the conference and there is downtime for DH :banana:) but MDE couldn't retrieve the reservation even with the name and date of arrival. I have to admit, it hasn't been a full 24 hours yet since the reservation, but I'm wondering if this reservation # will be of a type that can be linked. Has anyone ever attended a conference and linked the reservation # to MDE. If not, guess I will be calling The Dolphin for assistance--I hate doing that--such a time consuming process to resolve--BTDT. At least my name is listed on the reservation so that won't be a problem with the linking process. :thumbsup2

We have stayed here one time before and I don't know the answer.

Are there changing rooms by the pool by chance? We booked a quick night stay and we plan on just relaxing by the pool. We will get there early and probably will not have a room ready. Just wondering where we can change into our bathing suits and go hit the pool.

We have stayed here one time before and I don't know the answer.

Are there changing rooms by the pool by chance? We booked a quick night stay and we plan on just relaxing by the pool. We will get there early and probably will not have a room ready. Just wondering where we can change into our bathing suits and go hit the pool.

Yes, you will have access to the facilities within the health club. There are lockers, showers and the usual health club amenities. We have done this often on check-out day. A great place to shower and get ready for the flight home as well as arrival day prior to room ready. Make sure you mention it at check-in since you will probably not have room cards if the room isn't ready. You will need some type of guest card for towels, etc.

And now I have a question. . . :confused3

We are going for a four day stay at Dolphin, but our reservation is through a Conference albeit in my husband's name. The reservation # is odd--only 7 letters/numbers. I tried to link it to MDE (because I'm not attending the conference and there is downtime for DH :banana:) but MDE couldn't retrieve the reservation even with the name and date of arrival. I have to admit, it hasn't been a full 24 hours yet since the reservation, but I'm wondering if this reservation # will be of a type that can be linked. Has anyone ever attended a conference and linked the reservation # to MDE. If not, guess I will be calling The Dolphin for assistance--I hate doing that--such a time consuming process to resolve--BTDT. At least my name is listed on the reservation so that won't be a problem with the linking process. :thumbsup2
If I recall, Tess, I had a reservation number that had insufficient digits. I called and they gave me a number with 2 additional digits. I think I had 7, needed 9.

If I recall, Tess, I had a reservation number that had insufficient digits. I called and they gave me a number with 2 additional digits. I think I had 7, needed 9.

Thanks Dan--I have 7 as well and knew that wasn't going to work based on past experience. I will wait for 24 hours to pass and then phone.

Hi all - we arrive next week - have 8 nights in a balcony resort view room at Swan booked on points (we are platinum). I put in a room request for Epcot view, and DhS as second choice.

Got a quick response that the request was noted - but they mentioned that the Epcot view rooms aren't renovated but DHS are. For some reasons I thought all the swan rooms were renovated?

Now I can't decide - priority for the Epcot view? Or a renovated room??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter