Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

So I apologize if this doesn't make sense, but the "hard ticket" card and the magic band are both just connections that access your MDE "hive". Imagine if you had two different phone numbers that rang to the same phone. If your ticket is connected to you in MDE, all the plastic card does is give you an alternate way to access that ticket. It's basically a spare magic band or an extra phone number if my analogy makes any sense. I know it's not ideal if you're planning on rope drop, but there's always guest relations at the park entrances if something goes awry.

That does make sense, thanks! :-)

I am staying at the Dolphin for the first time in a couple months and was looking to book breakfast at Garden Grove but the Disney site only lists hours for dinner. Did they do away with breakfast?

Garden Grove serves a buffet breakfast every day, and on Saturday and Sunday mornings, Goofy and Pluto come to visit. I haven’t had breakfast at GG, but we have had breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean, which was very good.

The Seafood Sensation buffet is served at dinner Thursday through Saturday, and it’s excellent. The food is fresh and well-prepared, and you get Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, though weather permitting for C&D. Their fur does not like rain. ;)

ETA: You can make reservations on the phone in your room, or make one through Open Table. Disney has a limited number of ADRs, but it’s usually easy enough to walk up and get into any of the Swan restaurants.

Phew, that's a relief!
Ok, cool. We're probably all set then because both our MBs and tickets are showing up in MDE. Since MBs don't work as door keys at the Dolphin, is there a way to test it before getting to the parks, or should I get the hard tickets "just in case?"

Stop at the Disney desk at the resort. I did the exact same thing. I was worried I wasn't set up right because, well,... I am me. I asked the Cm at the Disney Desk to verify my Mb's had EVERYTHING. Took two sec. They scanned each one, saw all fastpasses, memory maker, and adr's. No big deal at all. I stopped at the Disney Swan Desk at 7:30 am before heading to an Epcot 8am emh.

You can probably also just call the Disney help desk and ask a cm. I'm guessing they verify mb status about 2000 times per day from ppl just like us.

Does anyone know if Marriott will have "Stay 4 nights, get one night free promo"? I am annoyed that the Dolphin was Cat 4, now Cat 5 and will be Cat 6 in August. Even after tripling our SPG points to Marriott the hotel will be twice as much to stay after August :(.
Yes. It's listed as a benefit on this page https://members.marriott.com/redeem/ in the "redeem for getaways" box. Also, if you click on "more ways to redeem smarter" it's listed again as well as point savers. It would be awesome if point savers would occasionally include the swan/dolphin, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

I have a couple of questions, and I assume they've been answered a bunch before but I apologize this thread is a little bit of a beast to search through.

We are staying at the Swan in September, and currently have APs, I assume we simply need to link our reservation in MDE to book our fast passes? The only added questions, another couple is coming with us but will be buying discount tickets through work. How do I link those tickets to their MDE, and then to our reservation (sharing a room), to book all our fast passes together?

Is this one of those things that once I have the room booked, and tickets in hand it will be quicker to just call Disney and get them to help us?

I know there is a resort a fee, an additional $50 / night for 2 more adults, and a parking fee of $23(?) any other 'hidden' costs that could spring up for us while we are there?

Stop at the Disney desk at the resort. I did the exact same thing. I was worried I wasn't set up right because, well,... I am me. I asked the Cm at the Disney Desk to verify my Mb's had EVERYTHING. Took two sec. They scanned each one, saw all fastpasses, memory maker, and adr's. No big deal at all. I stopped at the Disney Swan Desk at 7:30 am before heading to an Epcot 8am emh.

You can probably also just call the Disney help desk and ask a cm. I'm guessing they verify mb status about 2000 times per day from ppl just like us.

Thanks very much for this. I think this would put my mind at ease as well! :-)

Yes. It's listed as a benefit on this page https://members.marriott.com/redeem/ in the "redeem for getaways" box. Also, if you click on "more ways to redeem smarter" it's listed again as well as point savers. It would be awesome if point savers would occasionally include the swan/dolphin, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that.
Thanks! At least there is that. I'm still annoyed that my 40,000 SPG Dolphin NYE stay (adjusted Marriott points, 120,000) will now cost $240,000 (4x60,000) Marriott points after August. Yes, I know I am grandfathered in. That's still double the cost in a few months. *murphle*

I went to make a spec reservation for Spring Break (week before Easter) just in case my college aged DD might want to go to Florida. Three days in middle of the week are already sold out at both resorts :(. What a pain.

So I apologize if this doesn't make sense, but the "hard ticket" card and the magic band are both just connections that access your MDE "hive". Imagine if you had two different phone numbers that rang to the same phone. If your ticket is connected to you in MDE, all the plastic card does is give you an alternate way to access that ticket. It's basically a spare magic band or an extra phone number if my analogy makes any sense. I know it's not ideal if you're planning on rope drop, but there's always guest relations at the park entrances if something goes awry.

Yes, having a 'hard' plastic ticket doesn't let you in just by showing it... it's not any different than the magic band besides it's physical form. Both have RFID's inside them that access your MDE account, and THAT'S what accesses your tickets and let's you in.

I have a couple of questions, and I assume they've been answered a bunch before but I apologize this thread is a little bit of a beast to search through.

We are staying at the Swan in September, and currently have APs, I assume we simply need to link our reservation in MDE to book our fast passes? The only added questions, another couple is coming with us but will be buying discount tickets through work. How do I link those tickets to their MDE, and then to our reservation (sharing a room), to book all our fast passes together?

Is this one of those things that once I have the room booked, and tickets in hand it will be quicker to just call Disney and get them to help us?

I know there is a resort a fee, an additional $50 / night for 2 more adults, and a parking fee of $23(?) any other 'hidden' costs that could spring up for us while we are there?
If your friends have an MDX account I think that you have to link them as friends. If they don't care about their own MDX account and they want you to plan everything, you can add them into your MDX account. Their passes can be entered into whichever MDX account they choose, theirs or yours.

Make sure that their names are on the Swan reservation and you have the MDX account (s) set up and you can designate that they are staying with you when you link the Swan reservation.

There are no other fees.

Ok, need a bit of clarification since there is some really old information on the Swan/Dolphin website (They still talk about getting paper FP's from the machines). For EMH's they talk about using a voucher along with park tickets for admission... If you have your stay linked to your MDE account can you just use your band the same as if staying at Disney owned hotel ? (without having to carry around another voucher). This is only for EMH entrance... know can't use the bands for charging, etc.
Would rather not have yet another item to keep track of (MB, AP card, hotel key..).

Ok, need a bit of clarification since there is some really old information on the Swan/Dolphin website (They still talk about getting paper FP's from the machines). For EMH's they talk about using a voucher along with park tickets for admission... If you have your stay linked to your MDE account can you just use your band the same as if staying at Disney owned hotel ? (without having to carry around another voucher).
Would rather not have yet another item to keep track of (MB, AP card, hotel key..).
You do need your hotel key. MB does not interact for EMH purposes. No voucher needed. I have no idea what that was, but none needed.

You do need your hotel key. MB does not interact for EMH purposes. No voucher needed. I have no idea what that was, but none needed.

Ok, so like in the old days before magic bands. Good won't have another item. Thanks !

We made it! Checked in this morning at about 10:30 and our room was ready.

We are on the 3rd floor, east wing, we can see tower of terror from the room.

The Miss USA nationals final is going on right now at the Swan, so lots of young girls with big hair and fancy dresses are wondering the resort.... it's kind of weird to see while on vacation. :laughing:

The resort fee is $31.50 per night including tax (not $50). There is also tax on your room rate and parking fee, but there are no other costs that I can think of except maybe the 13% service charge on any food you buy Picabu.

Staying at the Swan for the first time. Do the rooms have usb outlets for charging?

The lamps alongside your bed have USB chargers built in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter