• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Is it cheaper to book the Swan or Dolphin through Costco ?

If you are asking which of the two are cheaper through Costco, generally, Dolphin.

If you are asking about booking through Costco in general, depending what your other booking method would be, you'd have to compare prices. I do find that with Costco, for plenty of their products, you REALLY need to pay attention to everything that is included. You might be getting WAY more than you think.

Anyone is free to go to their travel site and price pkgs.

@DSLRuser mine ended up showing up after we added a night. Showed up the next day. Not sure if changing it somehow caused it to get resent and that clicked or it was coincidence.

Is it cheaper to book the Swan or Dolphin through Costco ?
We used Costco for our Swan stay January 2018. We got a decent rate over all, but not an amazing deal. Their package deal includes a view room. You can compare the deal. In our case the price was slightly better then we would get booking on our own through Marriott, the down side was that we didn't earn night credits or points on our SPG/Marriott account. Even with that valuation Costco was still a better deal. Plus we earned a fair amount of rebate from Costco between being Executive Members & using the Costco Visa.

Fantasia Gardens Pavilion Demolition Begins for New Swan and Dolphin Hotel

/http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/photo...olition-begins-for-new-swan-and-dolphin-hotel

198F5FB8-9AF0-4650-82B2-9B66D33F854B-1024x683.jpeg
Was this the mini golf range?

Question for the swan/dolphin pool. We’ll be going for a late breakfast and then waiting for some friends to check in before we join them for some pool fun and head to the parks.

Instead of just waiting around for our friends - we wanted to use the pool until they check in. Is the pool gated and only opened by the hotel guests room card?

When we stayed there 2 years ago we just walked directly to the pool area. There were no gates of any kind.

Trying to see how we bide time

Question for the swan/dolphin pool. We’ll be going for a late breakfast and then waiting for some friends to check in before we join them for some pool fun and head to the parks.

Instead of just waiting around for our friends - we wanted to use the pool until they check in. Is the pool gated and only opened by the hotel guests room card?

When we stayed there 2 years ago we just walked directly to the pool area. There were no gates of any kind.

Trying to see how we bide time

I'm not sure I understand, so to clarify...you aren't staying at the Swan or Dolphin? You want to use the pool while you wait for your friends to check in?

I'm not sure I understand, so to clarify...you aren't staying at the Swan or Dolphin? You want to use the pool while you wait for your friends to check in?
They’ll be arriving around 1. We’ll be done with bfast by 11

Yes it is. The actual mini golf will remain though, even though it sure doesn't look like it
The actual course(s) will remain, 2-3 of the individual holes will have their layout adjusted slightly. The bulk of the demolition is for the pavilion and service areas.

Dave

They’ll be arriving around 1. We’ll be done with bfast by 11

But you aren't guests paying to stay at the resort? If not, you aren't entitled to the use of the recreation facilities. If you need to bide time, you could walk across the street and play mini-golf, walk around the Boardwalk, rent a surrey bike at BWI, a Swan boat or a regular boat at YC. Even if your friends are staying there, it doesn't entitle you to use of the facilities. I mean, seriously? How would you feel if the pool of the resort you were PAYING to stay at was overrun with people who weren't paying to stay there? Guests are paying a resort fee at Swan/Dolphin for use of these facilities.

Absolutely we won’t. We’ll probably walk to Boardwalk or Y&BC and then head to their hotel once they check in.

FWIW, I know in some Marriott/SPG properties across the world you can ask for a day pass to use some of the amenities based on status. We may ask Bonvoy what they offer :)

Absolutely we won’t. We’ll probably walk to Boardwalk or Y&BC and then head to their hotel once they check in.

FWIW, I know in some Marriott/SPG properties across the world you can ask for a day pass to use some of the amenities based on status. We may ask Bonvoy what they offer :)

That sounds like a good idea!

Thanks for sharing this! I wondered if they discontinued it! How many points did it cost for night? Are you staying at the swan or dolphin?
Staying at Dolphin. It is 50k pt per night for either Dolphin or Swan. I chose Dolphin because the cash part was cheaper for my dates. Staying 4 nights and picked the two cheapest nights to pay cash.

Hi Everyone--I used the search function and couldn't find an answer to my question. We are spending a night at the Swan at the end of March before we move over to BWI. I booked a package through the Swan-Dolphin website that was a AAA package that included breakfast. Details said breakfast at either Fresh Market or Garden Grove. My question: the website doesn't give the option to book a room that includes our two kids, just two adults. I know I can call and add them. But the deal says it includes breakfast for two. Will my kids be included in the breakfast package? It seems silly to book a room and breakfast package and not have it available to the kids in the room too. Finally, while I've stayed at Dolphin and ate breakfast at Picabu, I haven't eaten at Fresh Market or Garden Grove. We are not into character meals, so I'm assuming Fresh Market is the better bet for us? Thanks in advance!
Editing to add that I called the Swan and was put on hold for 15 min before I had to go pick up my kids so I did try to find out the answer to this. Just curious if anyone else has booked the AAA breakfast package and can share their experiences.

I like Fresh for breakfast. There is a buffet but you can also order a la carte which is what I prefer.

I have never done the package so I am not sure about adding kids.

@100AcreWood I haven't done it at S/D but I have looked into the breakfast offer while I was booking another Marriott property, they said there was no way to add more people but that I could buy breakfast, it was only for 2 people adult or child, children were not included or free. Hopefully S/D is more flexible but since its a Marriott/AAA deal I'm not hopeful.

As for Fresh vs Garden Grove, you can order off the menu at GG too, the Character Breakfast is only on the weekends.
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/gardengrove/index.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter