• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I agree that the Food & Wine Classic is not an event for kids. It has an adult environment and vibe. It almost reminds me of a very large cocktail party.

The live music, usually set up outside of the Dolphin, blasts till 9:00 PM. If you will be staying either at the Swan or Dolphin during the Classic and will want to go to sleep prior to 9:00 PM for an early wake-up the next morning, or you will have little ones needing to go to sleep early, I suggest requesting a room away from the activities. With the large speakers, the music really carries and is very loud.

I think many of the attendees are locals.

We are staying at the Sawn next month. I did request early check in through Marriott, wondering if they usually are able to provide it.

I wouldn't count on it. We checked in online, then were there in person just after 2 and still had to wait until 4 exactly to get our room. (And others were there hoping to get in early as well.) Also, during our stay, one day we didn't get housekeeping service (they just never showed up, even though we were out of the room quite a bit). I think they have a staffing problem.

We arrived at the Swan around 2pm today. This is our first stay here and we are so pleased with the room and how close we are to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We’ve stayed at Boardwalk a few years back but couldn’t justify the price tag since then. The Swan is just a perfect alternative and we are so glad we tried it out. I know people worry that it won’t feel “Disney” enough but right now I am sitting on my balcony watching a friendship boat in the canal. I can see the Epcot ball all lit up. The Beach club, Yacht Club and the Boardwalk are in my view . I’m pretty sure we will be able to see the higher fireworks from Epcot too . I’m in Disney and I feel it everywhere I look :cloud9:.

Check in was fantastic . We were a bit early ..it was about 2pm. The man at the front desk was friendly and chatted with us a bit . We did not ask for a thing , but he upgraded us from a basic no view room to a 6th floor Balcony that overlooks the things I mentioned above . The room and public spaces are clean and in great condition . We will check out the pool section a little bit later tonight.
Those are our first impressions. We are very happy to be here !

We arrived at the Swan around 2pm today. This is our first stay here and we are so pleased with the room and how close we are to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We’ve stayed at Boardwalk a few years back but couldn’t justify the price tag since then. The Swan is just a perfect alternative and we are so glad we tried it out. I know people worry that it won’t feel “Disney” enough but right now I am sitting on my balcony watching a friendship boat in the canal. I can see the Epcot ball all lit up. The Beach club, Yacht Club and the Boardwalk are in my view . I’m pretty sure we will be able to see the higher fireworks from Epcot too . I’m in Disney and I feel it everywhere I look :cloud9:.

Check in was fantastic . We were a bit early ..it was about 2pm. The man at the front desk was friendly and chatted with us a bit . We did not ask for a thing , but he upgraded us from a basic no view room to a 6th floor Balcony that overlooks the things I mentioned above . The room and public spaces are clean and in great condition . We will check out the pool section a little bit later tonight.
For a Priceline deal, you did really well - you received a double upgrade. Enjoy your visit.

Excellent, Aliceand Pete! Keep us updated. And you are right, it has plenty of Disney 'feel' for me also. ::MickeyMo

We have been stalking prices and rooms for many months and our trip is coming up soon. Therefore we have to decide and let go of the reservation we don't want to keep. We are a family of 5 (kids 11,10 and 7), planning to spend most of our time in the parks. I thought I would crowd-source a couple of questions that would help:
1. Can anyone recommend one more than the other for a 4 night stay: Deluxe Alcove King Suite at the Swan or the Deluxe Alcove King Jr Suite at the Dolphin?
2. Refrigerators: sounds like in the dolphin you just get a mini but at the swan you get a larger one. Is that correct? Can you request a larger one at the dolphin?
3. Is it correct that the swan resort fee includes the s'mores kit and the swan boat rides, but the dolphin one doesn't?
4. Our cheapest option would be 2 nights at the Dolphin and then 2 Nights at the Swan (lower by about $75). Next cheapest is 4 nights at the Dolphin and the most expensive option is 4 nights at the Swan (primarily because I can use points for one of the more expensive nights at the Dolphin). Is switching a huge hassle? Is switching fun?
5. Any other thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks!

Oh, one other question: We have etickets from Undercover Tourist. Can we scan and get the hard tickets at the S/D or do we have to go to one of the parks?
Thanks again!
The resort fee includes the s'mores kit and swan boats at both Swan and Dolphin.

Is the free breakfast a platinum elite benefit? Per day for everyone in the room?

I'm wondering how likely it is to get an upgraded room as a platinum elite - guess it will depend on what is available when we're there!
Just edited my answer, cause I see someone else already gave you a really good response.
I would add though, as a plat elite, you should get the best available room when you check in. we used our suite upgrade benefit this time, but usually, I check on my phone to see what room types are still available and make sure they do assign the “best available”. You have to remind them sometimes, as it can get forgotten when they are busy. You can also use the messaging on their app the day of check in to ask for an upgrade. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Hi guys, just wanted to get your opinion. I'll be staying at the Swan/Dolphin for a conference in July. Work will pay for it, but they always want you to choose the lowest rate, so basically the simplest room with no view/no balcony. I'm a sucker for a balcony and that kinda bums me out.

Are there places in either resort with nice views, sort of like how AKL has outside balcony sitting areas?

Curious about this as well. Decorations go up on 11/15 I’m told, so I’m hoping the festivities start then too.

Thanks for the info about the decorations. I went ahead and contacted the resort via their web form. I'll report back here if I hear anything, but if anyone else has information in the meantime, please share!

:santa: 🦢 🐬 :santa:

re there places in either resort with nice views, sort of like how AKL has outside balcony sitting areas?
If you mean like public viewing areas, like AKL has, other than windows at the ends of the hallways, looking out on to some nice views, S/D does not have public outside viewing balconies.

I heard back from Swan/Dolphin about holiday festivities. Sounds like they have some things in the works:

"We don’t have our official schedule out yet, but I do know we have Santa & Mrs. Clause every year so you will definitely be able to visit them! "

Does anyone have a list of the restaurants, etc. that accept the housekeeping vouchers?

Our last trip we used them for lunch at Picabu on the last day, but out upcoming trip will be longer (meaning more vouchers), and will include a few resort days, so we want to know what our available options are. Do any of the table service restaurants accept them (specifically Il Mulino), or is it just the quick service locations?

Just put down a deposit on a stay at the Dolphin next year because the Disney resort prices for moderates and deluxe properties were just insane (Yacht Club wanted over £7,000 for a 5 night stay in a basic room). Never stayed at the property before but I know the location is excellent and the reviews al seem to be good. I don't have status with Mariott so booked via a travel agent. Anyway, very much looking forward to it.

1F

Just returned from a weekend at the Swan. C/I CM was great, Bonvoy members so we received an upgrade and a late c/o. Komonos food and Karoake were so fun and sushi was good.
Welcome home. And thanks for your feedback. Now start planning return.

Just put down a deposit on a stay at the Dolphin next year because the Disney resort prices for moderates and deluxe properties were just insane (Yacht Club wanted over £7,000 for a 5 night stay in a basic room). Never stayed at the property before but I know the location is excellent and the reviews al seem to be good. I don't have status with Mariott so booked via a travel agent. Anyway, very much looking forward to it.

1F
Sounds good to me. Enjoy your planning.

Make sure to sign up with Marriott so you get points and possible perks of some sort. They like to see guests are members of the Bonvoy.

I'm still in the midst of planning my extended family's Easter 2020 trip. When I checked rates for the 10-18th (april) they had come down quite a bit since some of us originally booked. If you're going that week, check to see if you can lower your rate. We got $250/room (I know it's not priceline level cheap, but I'm booking 4-5 rooms and I'm not willing to play tour guide barbie at that level of planning. I was able to call once and get all of the rooms changed/lowered.)

Also, Abby is still there but if she doesn't pick up right away it forwards the call to Sheraton's central booking. Mid-morning (EST) seems like the best time to try to get her.

I was looking at March online last night. Are the prices better if you call?

I'm still in the midst of planning my extended family's Easter 2020 trip. When I checked rates for the 10-18th (april) they had come down quite a bit since some of us originally booked. If you're going that week, check to see if you can lower your rate. We got $250/room (I know it's not priceline level cheap, but I'm booking 4-5 rooms and I'm not willing to play tour guide barbie at that level of planning. I was able to call once and get all of the rooms changed/lowered.)

Also, Abby is still there but if she doesn't pick up right away it forwards the call to Sheraton's central booking. Mid-morning (EST) seems like the best time to try to get her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter