Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Nothing is open right now. The resort does not start reopening until July 29th. Only the MLS teams are at the resort at the moment. No public access.

Dave

I’m sure I know the answer to this but with so many amenities being closed, any chance the resort fee will be waived?
I think you could make a good case for that upon arrival, assuming they don't step up and wipe it out before hand. I would agree 100% with it, by not providing the full experience they shouldn't be charging the resort fee - I don't blame them for not opening the Dolphin but the right thing to do is waive the Resort fee.

Major League Soccer is presently using the Swan and the Dolphin. After the group stage is over all teams were told they would be moving to the Swan. That has now been changed and the remaining teams will all be in the Dolphin. The final game is on August 11th so the last two teams should be leaving on the 12th. My son works for one of the teams and has been in the Dolphin for 3 weeks.

Hello All,
Quick random question, I stayed at the dolphin years ago and bought one of the refillable mugs at Picabu. I believe that they were supposed to be good for not just that stay, but future stays as well. Am I remembering this right? And if so, are they still honoring these mugs? (Or were they before COVID May be a better question)
Thank you!

Just booked for Labor Day weekend! Hope the Dolphin pool will be open by then.
I thought we had confirmation that the pool complex would be opening with the Swan on July 29?
Well @Dan Murphy called and talked to Guest Services (at the resort) and they reported that all the pools should be open with the exception of the Dolphin lap pool.

The Dolphin lap pool should open when the MLS teams have left around Aug. 12-14. We should have another update around July 29 (Wednesday).

Dave
With the caveat that anything can change.

I have a reservation under my name for my husband and I for the end of September. Looking at rates we can save a lot of money under the senior rate which I believe would
have to Be under my husbands name because he is the “senior” 😂
How would you advise to do this? Cancel
Reservation and rebook or call and try to change primary name on reservation to my husbands? I couldn’t find a way to change just the name online.
Thanks 😊

ETA - I think I found a way to edit the primary name online. We are paying less for a 6 night stay than we were for a 4 night stay.

Last edited:
I have a reservation under my name for my husband and I for the end of September. Looking at rates we can save a lot of money under the senior rate which I believe would
have to Be under my husbands name because he is the “senior” 😂
How would you advise to do this? Cancel
Reservation and rebook or call and try to change primary name on reservation to my husbands? I couldn’t find a way to change just the name online.
Thanks 😊

ETA - I think I found a way to edit the primary name online. We are paying less for a 6 night stay than we were for a 4 night stay.
No need to change the name it’s under. My mother joined us once and they offered the senior rate. It was under my name but they advised she would need to be with me at check in. They are great rates. I would just update your rate by calling but not mess with who the reservation is under.

Asking on this thread because I know there are many Marriott loyalists here.
I have a bunch of Free Night awards (35,000 points or lower/night) that expire in January. I don’t think I’ll be using them, so I wanted to donate them. I was thinking maybe hotel stays for families of people in our local children’s hospitals.
Has anyone done this before? I can’t find anything online about how to do so and didn’t have it in me to call the Bonvoy customer service just yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter