• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I called Guest services. Water slide at the Grotto Pool is open, Swan paddle-boats are operating. And as Steve said above, the Friendship boats are not running, they are run by Disney. The Mears buses to HS and Epcot are being used in place of the boats.
Thanks so much to you both.

Question -- we have an upcoming stay -- if we have food delivered or pick up food (as we'll have a car), does anyone know if are there places outside and around the Swan where we could sit and enjoy our meal as opposed to eating in the room?
Thank you!

Question -- we have an upcoming stay -- if we have food delivered or pick up food (as we'll have a car), does anyone know if are there places outside and around the Swan where we could sit and enjoy our meal as opposed to eating in the room?
Thank you!
Sure. On this map, you should be able to see two courtyards. There should be tables and chairs there. Be aware, I think one or both of those may have been smoking areas in the past, not sure now.

Also, in the upper left, you should see a clump of trees. That area is often used for wedding stuff or other entertainment, which I highly doubt would be going on now. Should be tables and chairs there.

I would think that you would also be able to use the Swan Splash pool area.

Keep in mind that with the COVID, anything I have said here might not be correct now.

https://goo.gl/maps/D3Wr8CpJxNbphqes8

2 more quick updates - first, buses were again great for MK; bus pulled up right when we got to stop to head over, and then within 2 minutes of arriving at stop at MK to return.

Second - very interesting! We are at Cabana pool bar right now waiting out the thunder and our server told us that Dolphin is re-opening for Labor Day weekend and then closing again! He said there is apparently a huge demand for the holiday weekend and that is why they’re opening, but just for those dates as of right now. He also said all the restaurants there would be opening as well. Seems weird to me the cost to get things going again only to shut down indefinitely...

It’s funny that you say that, bc we have a stay at the Dolphin booked for 9/26-9/30 and I was searching the app with flexible dates to see if there was anything cheaper, and while 9/4-9/30 are showing as $165-198 a night, Labor Day weekend is showing as around $1k a night! E12D7B34-6735-4406-9227-53626E03056C.jpeg

It’s funny that you say that, bc we have a stay at the Dolphin booked for 9/26-9/30 and I was searching the app with flexible dates to see if there was anything cheaper, and while 9/4-9/30 are showing as $165-198 a night, Labor Day weekend is showing as around $1k a night! View attachment 520729

Although looking at the dates now, I guess that’s not Labor Day weekend, it’s actual Labor Day and the following days. But still, why the insane price jump??

But still, why the insane price jump??
Usually that's the software talking. They have reached a certain capacity level (not sold out) but figure if somebody really wants to come and pay that price they will welcome them with open arms and bank account. I've seen some similar, but not that crazy high, prices before on odd ball days.

Yes to this we were looking at 9/1-4 at the dolphin and one night it went from $143 a night to $1008!!! I thought it was a mistake but am guessing they were trying to discourage more guests at reopening

Sure. On this map, you should be able to see two courtyards. There should be tables and chairs there. Be aware, I think one or both of those may have been smoking areas in the past, not sure now.

Also, in the upper left, you should see a clump of trees. That area is often used for wedding stuff or other entertainment, which I highly doubt would be going on now. Should be tables and chairs there.

I would think that you would also be able to use the Swan Splash pool area.

Keep in mind that with the COVID, anything I have said here might not be correct now.

https://goo.gl/maps/D3Wr8CpJxNbphqes8
Those courtyards have been empty the whole time we’ve been here, so could definitely use them To eat. I think they are a designated smoking area but I walk through the west one multiple times a day and there’s never anyone using it. You could also sit in the Splash bar area and use the tables or couch - those have been pretty empty as well and half the time we’re over there, the bar is closed anyhow.

Although looking at the dates now, I guess that’s not Labor Day weekend, it’s actual Labor Day and the following days. But still, why the insane price jump??
That is actually the week before Labor Day. Labor Day is very late this year and falls on September 7 - that is as late as possible (1st Monday of September). That may be the last week before many schools start up, again, though. So, you did not book those dates?:)

The Swan’s Passholder rate for that time starts at $151.

The Dolphin’s Value Days calendar has changed; I wonder if their reopening date has changed.
https://www.swandolphin.com/value-days/

Last edited:
We just booked Thanksgiving week using the AP discount. Trying now to figure out best way for airport transportation.

Anyone know how long they'll be running that AP discount promo? I'd like to wait to see if Disney releases any AP discounts for later in the fall before I book but I don't want to miss out if it's ending soon.

When I follow the link for discount tickets on the Swan dolphin web site, it gives me options for Florida residents and non-residents that are found on the Disney web site. The prices are the same as buying through Disney. Am I missing something here?

Today marks the half way point of our trip! It has been wonderful and a much needed “re-set” for us. A few things I can share:
1) Housekeeping - I was under the impression that we would get a light cleaning every 3 days, but we have not had any housekeeping. I have been able to quickly reach out using the chat feature in the Bonvoy app to have coffee, towels, etc. delivered, and they are very quick to respond.

2) Buses are excellent (or we are just really lucky with our timing!) Seems every time we are heading to the bus stop, one is just pulling up. This was true for AK, MK, and Disney Springs. I was the most worried about DS because of hearing of people waiting a long time to go back to hotel, but again, ours pulled right up when we got to the stop.

3) Fitness center is great and I am always the only person or maybe one other person in the morning around 7:00.

4) Pools are not busy at all - in fact, the pool bartender at Splash told us they have been closing early due to lack of sales (have to hit $300 to stay open until 6:00).

5) Hotel definitely less busy during the week but even in the weekend, only seemed busy when we tried to catch an elevator after dinner.

6) Parks are wonderful in terms of crowds/wait times, and mask/distancing compliance. It is amazing how much you can get done with an early arrival and intelligent plan. We walked to HS twice and arrived around 9:00 and were the 5th and then the 2nd in line to get into the park and onto MMRR. Got boarding groups 2 and then 4 and rode all the headliners by 2:00 each day. We are not stay all day people as we value our pool and relaxing time so it is definitely manageable. HS is the most important to arrive early and go in with a plan. (I would suggest: MMRR, SDD, MFSR or MMRR, ToT, RnRC, then hit the other attractions in whatever order). AK you can arrive at any time and have little to no waits. MK we had breakfast at the Wave and then arrived around 10:30 and had 5 minutes at Splash, BTMRR, etc. EP also arrive whenever.

7) Our family (brother/sis in law and 4 kiddos) is also here at Kidani on their very first Disney trip. I was worried they wouldn’t feel the magic as much, but they are having an awesome time! So for anyone on the fence, I think it is still a good time to go, regardless of your prior Disney experience. We are AP who come down around 8-10 times a year and are having a blast with the low crowds and safety measures. And our nieces and nephews on their first visit are completely in love with the experience!
You’re at wdw every 5-7 weeks from Rhode Island?!

When I follow the link for discount tickets on the Swan dolphin web site, it gives me options for Florida residents and non-residents that are found on the Disney web site. The prices are the same as buying through Disney. Am I missing something here?
Wish I could help, I guess you might give them a call, I've never purchased tickets from S/D.
Update on housekeeping - we returned to our room last night to find that we had received housekeeping for the first time. New linens on bed and in bathroom, new toiletries, water and coffee restocked. This was day 9 of our trip.
Wow, something seems off... way off. Is this the new "norm" for house keeping? At the rates I won't complain about it not being done daily, but 9 days seems extreme. I knew they skipped you on the fourth day, did you hear anything about that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter