Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but will the Dolphin restaurants be open when the hotel isn't accepting guests in this fall? I feel bad for the staff at Shula's, and at Flying Fish on the Boardwalk for that matter...those places seemed like they had some of the best service jobs on the property, as evidenced by the fact I would see the same bartenders year after year.

@justinslot they have not been opened lately, Dolphin is open now but will be closing back down after Labor Day week. So far no indication the Dolphin restaurants will remain open.

. Labor Day weekend has a history of being very busy, right behind Memorial Day weekend and now we know it still is even in 2020.

Dave
The room controller confirmed that Swan was completely full/sold out this weekend. I also found out that “full” means every other room occupied due to distancing, which is great (we have a room with a connecting door, but there is no one next door).

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but will the Dolphin restaurants be open when the hotel isn't accepting guests in this fall? I feel bad for the staff at Shula's, and at Flying Fish on the Boardwalk for that matter...those places seemed like they had some of the best service jobs on the property, as evidenced by the fact I would see the same bartenders year after year.

It looks like the Dolphin restaurants have been added to the SwanAndDolphin app dining section. Shulas and Bluezoo appear to be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only, mirroring the hotel room availability after Labor Day week. Reservations can be found on open table but not MDE that I can find. Fuel, fountain, and phins say they will be open however unsure of which days. Definitely get the SwanAndDolphin app if you haven’t it has a lot of good info on there.

It is also a little hard to go back a standard room at the Swan after being in a King Deluxe room on the 12th floor but we find the 6th floor a good compromise. The 5th floor used to be the SPG floor back in the day. Labor Day weekend has a history of being very busy, right behind Memorial Day weekend and now we know it still is even in 2020.

Dave

What does it mean that the 5th floor was the SPG floor? Not familiar with the acronym.

We've got a stay coming up in March at the Swan with a standard room. Do you (or does anyone) have a recommendation for best floor/wing? We are looking for a nice mix of quiet/convenient and really any view except for parking lot, preference maybe water/epcot view?

What does it mean that the 5th floor was the SPG floor? Not familiar with the acronym.

We've got a stay coming up in March at the Swan with a standard room. Do you (or does anyone) have a recommendation for best floor/wing? We are looking for a nice mix of quiet/convenient and really any view except for parking lot, preference maybe water/epcot view?

SPG stands for Starwood Preferred Guest. The Swan and Dolphin were part of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, before Starwood was assimilated into the Marriott Bonvoy group of hotels. Therefore, the rooms on the SPG floor were only for SPG members to stay.

with the dolphin being somewhat open on weekends in sept oct and nov, will the guests of the swan have access to this hotel at all? specifically the laundry room on the ground level of the dolphin. i know it sounds silly, but, doing laundry while at disney is crucial to my family as we pack light.

I've never booked through Priceline, but you should be able to link any Swan/Dolphin reservation in MDE. One thing to note however is that many third-party confirmation numbers won't link, so you might need to call the Swan/Dolphin and get a confirmation number from them that you can use to link your reservation.
Thank You!! Will call tomorrow! Enjoy your Labor Day!

You can. You'll get an email from PL that has the code you need to enter into MDE. It's really easy but it can take a while (a few days) to show up in the system to be able to link it since PL is a third party that it has to relay between the Swan and Disney.
Thank You, can't wait to link my ressie. Have a Great Labor Day Weekend!

We are staying over Xmas (first time ever spending Xmas at WDW) and wondering if I could mail a box with a few presents to the hotel a couple of days before we head down? Has anyone done this?

Yes you can. Try to do it so they get there a day or so early..not too much before. On the box, note: Hold for arrival on 12/22/20(whatever your date is). in the too section put Guest- John Doe. I have even wrote the confirmation number on the box. Enjoy your special Christmas

Supposedly dolphin opens november 20 for weekends and weekdays. Our reservation begins the 20th for 8 nights. How safe do you think that reservation is or will it be canceled? If canceled will they find us a room somewhere else?

FYI post- I booked through Marriott and linked my reservation through MDE. I changed my room type yesterday (again through Marriott) and even though my reservation # didn't change, it unlinked from MDE. I was able to add it again, but I'm not sure if the park reservations would have been lost, if I hadn't noticed.

We are staying over Xmas (first time ever spending Xmas at WDW) and wondering if I could mail a box with a few presents to the hotel a couple of days before we head down? Has anyone done this?
Please call before doing this. My concern is that S/D has a handling fee that is charged for shipping/receiving packages. Now this is probably mostly meant for the business travelers, but it could sting you. Check out the section on Handling Fees on this page. This has come up in the past, and I'm not sure if they have changed their policy. Even having items like Amazon PrimeNow or groceries dropped will get charged, so it's important to meet the drivers of those items. But with Covid-19 so many things have changed maybe the Handling Fee for Christmas packages has been dropped. I would keep note of when you called and who you spoke with if they say they won't charge you.

Yes you can. Try to do it so they get there a day or so early..not too much before. On the box, note: Hold for arrival on 12/22/20(whatever your date is). in the too section put Guest- John Doe. I have even wrote the confirmation number on the box. Enjoy your special Christmas

Thank you!

Please call before doing this. My concern is that S/D has a handling fee that is charged for shipping/receiving packages. Now this is probably mostly meant for the business travelers, but it could sting you. Check out the section on Handling Fees on this page. This has come up in the past, and I'm not sure if they have changed their policy. Even having items like Amazon PrimeNow or groceries dropped will get charged, so it's important to meet the drivers of those items. But with Covid-19 so many things have changed maybe the Handling Fee for Christmas packages has been dropped. I would keep note of when you called and who you spoke with if they say they won't charge you.

Oh wow, I never even would have thought of this. I will call and see what they say- thanks!

Has anyone booked the swan/dolphin through Expedia? Any issues? Seems to include resort fee in price and is quoted in £s which is great or me but I’m always wary of going through 3rd party

FYI post- I booked through Marriott and linked my reservation through MDE. I changed my room type yesterday (again through Marriott) and even though my reservation # didn't change, it unlinked from MDE. I was able to add it again, but I'm not sure if the park reservations would have been lost, if I hadn't noticed.
I don't know for sure, but a few people I have talked to have canceled their trips but the park reservations remained until they canceled them. Just anecdotal, but park reservations don't seem to be like Fastpasses in that way from what I have heard.

@luvpoohandcompany about the only downside to Expedia and others like them is getting a hold of them if there are problems and refunds. I think most have addressed the refund issue at least. Have you tried booking on the Marriott UK site?
I’ve had a look at Marriott Bonvoy site but it was the US one. At the minute I’m just scoping out prices but Expedia seemed a lit cheaper than it. I’ll do more research before booking. Need borders to open up regardless but thank you for getting back to me 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter