Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Getting caught up (since the Forums don't make it easy to see which threads you're behind on if you miss any notifications).

I'm wondering if the discount MB thing was a temporary glitch? When I click on the "Choose MagicBands" button on my resort reservation page in MDE, it just takes me to the website to "manage your MagicBands or Cards", and I don't have the option to purchase new MagicBands.

@armerida posted above that the Swan & Dolphin Front desk staff often will not ask to see proof of an AP. The rules are just like at a WDW resort, they reserve the right to ask for proof of AP to verify / validate your discount.

Dave
I don't recall if I've ever used an AP discount so I can't comment on that specifically, but I have been asked for my AAA card when I've booked using that discount.

Getting caught up (since the Forums don't make it easy to see which threads you're behind on if you miss any notifications).

I "watch" the threads I like the best. I set them up to watch without notifications. Then when I log in, I click on Watched and then on Watched Threads. If there are posts I haven't read, the name of the thread will be bolded. On a phone, after I log in, I have to click on the Menu button (the icon which is 3 vertical lines in the top left corner) and then on Watched Threads.

Sorry if you already knew that and were having a problem anyway. And now I think maybe I shouldn't have even posted this, but I already typed it so I'm leaving it.

I "watch" the threads I like the best. I set them up to watch without notifications. Then when I log in, I click on Watched and then on Watched Threads. If there are posts I haven't read, the name of the thread will be bolded. On a phone, after I log in, I have to click on the Menu button (the icon which is 3 vertical lines in the top left corner) and then on Watched Threads.

Sorry if you already knew that and were having a problem anyway. And now I think maybe I shouldn't have even posted this, but I already typed it so I'm leaving it.
Aahh!! I have been watching threads, but I'd been solely relying on notifications, which can get missed too easily. How have I never noticed the "Watched" link before. This is exactly what I had been wanting. Thank you! This is extremely helpful.

Does this mean I have to turn in my "DIS Veteran" badge and go back to "Earning My Ears?"

Aahh!! I have been watching threads, but I'd been solely relying on notifications, which can get missed too easily. How have I never noticed the "Watched" link before. This is exactly what I had been wanting. Thank you! This is extremely helpful.

Does this mean I have to turn in my "DIS Veteran" badge and go back to "Earning My Ears?"
Woah 😂 This surprises me that anybody accessed the DIS in any other way. My bookmark for the DIS goes directly to my “Watched” page 😊

I don't recall if I've ever used an AP discount so I can't comment on that specifically, but I have been asked for my AAA card when I've booked using that discount.
Yes in the past we have always been asked to show our AAA card at the front desk but in 2020 they updated the Marriott site to allow us to enter our AAA card when making an online reservation and we were not ask for it last year (2020).

Dave

I've noticed multiple posts with people saying they went to the BW or YCBC to catch a bus to MK. We have a split stay booked at the Dolphin for March. Are the buses at the Swan/Dolphin a problem? I stayed at the Dolphin years ago and I don't remember there being an issue.

I've noticed multiple posts with people saying they went to the BW or YCBC to catch a bus to MK. We have a split stay booked at the Dolphin for March. Are the buses at the Swan/Dolphin a problem? I stayed at the Dolphin years ago and I don't remember there being an issue.
My understanding is that right now they are using Mears buses instead of Disney buses and they don't drop off in the same areas as the Disney buses so you're further away at Animal Kingdom and being dropped at the TTC at MK as opposed so the front gate where Disney buses drop off.

Correct in mid-October they switched to Mears buses.

Not really that much farther at AK but as @mickey916 covered the MK bus drop off and pickup are now at the TTC for MK. This is on the main parking lot side of the Seven Seas Lagoon vs the previous Resort loop with the other Disney resort buses.

Dave

Are a lot of Swan/Dolphin guests trekking over to BW/YC/BC to catch their resort buses? If so, is it causing a significant backup at those resorts?

Are a lot of Swan/Dolphin guests trekking over to BW/YC/BC to catch their resort buses? If so, is it causing a significant backup at those resorts?
Not if you show up 70-90 minutes before park open and you’re the first one on the bus 😉

EDIT: one of my posts in the “here now” thread did speak of a line at BW for the MK bus. It was fairly significant. I posted it on 1/27 if you want to see what I had to say. We were first in line so didn’t affect us!

Not if you show up 70-90 minutes before park open and you’re the first one on the bus 😉

I think we will do this first day of our trip since it’s an MK day. Thinking about walking over to GF for a Lyft back at the end of the day. Hoping the gingerbread house is up this year!

We have a King Alcove Room with Limited View booked for the Dolphin next week, any idea on where those rooms are located? Are they corner rooms? My google skills are failing me;) Thanks!!

Great shot but it still makes me think about crossing Epcot Blvd from the Reserve. I still think they need an elevated walk-way across Epcot Blvd.

Can't wait for the first visit reports after the Reserve opens later this year.

Dave

Exactly what I was thinking! I'm assuming there's a path there, isn't that where the tennis courts used to be?

ETA: I see there is a path, with a "walkway" across the street, but no light at that intersection...

I just booked a room at the Swan Reserve for what I hope will be Marathon Weekend 2022. I'm trying to get a sense for how long the walk to Epcot/HS will be compared to the Dolphin. I stayed at the Dolphin on my last visit and really enjoyed it, but wanted to try something new this time. The Swan showed no availability. Will the walk be about the same from the Reserve?

I just booked a room at the Swan Reserve for what I hope will be Marathon Weekend 2022. I'm trying to get a sense for how long the walk to Epcot/HS will be compared to the Dolphin. I stayed at the Dolphin on my last visit and really enjoyed it, but wanted to try something new this time. The Swan showed no availability. Will the walk be about the same from the Reserve?
I think it depends on exactly what paths end up existing when it's all finished up.

For Epcot it will probably be slightly longer - just given the way it works out on the map.

For DHS I'd say it could be the same or even slightly shorter if the path goes more directly towards DHS (sort of up towards Buena Vista Dr.).

I think you're talking at most 2-3 minutes more of walking though, nothing substantial that I can see!

I think it depends on exactly what paths end up existing when it's all finished up.

For Epcot it will probably be slightly longer - just given the way it works out on the map.

For DHS I'd say it could be the same or even slightly shorter if the path goes more directly towards DHS (sort of up towards Buena Vista Dr.).

I think you're talking at most 2-3 minutes more of walking though, nothing substantial that I can see!
That's great. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter