• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I checked on an AP rate at the Swan and Dolphin for March 16 & 17. I was surprised to see that Expedia has the same rate. I thought the Swan & Dolphin AP rate would be better than Expedia's rate.

I can't seem to figure this out. We are arriving early - around 11 am - and I know we can't check in yet. The hotel said they could store our luggage but we plan on making a grocery stop on the way to the Swan to get water and some snacks. Will they store that as well or is it best to bring an extra suitcase and store it in there?

I can't seem to figure this out. We are arriving early - around 11 am - and I know we can't check in yet. The hotel said they could store our luggage but we plan on making a grocery stop on the way to the Swan to get water and some snacks. Will they store that as well or is it best to bring an extra suitcase and store it in there?

You can certainly check in when you arrive--your room may or may not be ready, but you can definitely get checked in. Bell services, like Disney hotels, will store your bags and groceries and deliver them to you when you call from your room.

I thought the Swan & Dolphin AP rate would be better than Expedia's rate.
I'm not, I think they are doing anything they can to get people in the rooms, no matter how or what "group" they are part of be it AAA, AP, etc. I don't think S/D has been a big draw for the AP crowd, but I could be totally wrong on that. Back pre-Marriott maybe but they way Marriott devalued points and IMHO raised rates I think it pushed AP holders to other nearby hotels.
They will but I'm not sure they have fridge space for storing things that need to be refrigerated, at least in the past they didn't so you may want to check directly with the hotel if you need to do refrigerate anything.

We just started looking into S&D. We are thinking of going a year from now. I have never looked into these hotels before. I just have 2 questions (for now! LOL).

1. When you book a package through Disney, does it include the resort fees?

2. Can someone confirm that the Dolphin only has double beds but the Swan has queens?

We just started looking into S&D. We are thinking of going a year from now. I have never looked into these hotels before. I just have 2 questions (for now! LOL).

1. When you book a package through Disney, does it include the resort fees?

2. Can someone confirm that the Dolphin only has double beds but the Swan has queens?
1. Per Disney’s booking site, when quoting the Swan package:
  • Mandatory hotel fees, if applicable, are included in the package price.
2. The bed choices at the Dolphin for a Standard room either are 2 Doubles or 1 King + Sleeper Sofa.

The Swan rooms have 2 Queens, instead of 2 Doubles. The King Rooms at the Swan are the same as at the Dolphin, as far as beds.

Not dumb at all, first I've heard or seen. If you look at the second photo you can see the beach has been screened off as well. Could be expanding the pool deck area, maybe a better dock for the Swan boats, or dredging, I really have no idea. With the Swan Reserve open I wonder if what's going on might be to accomodate more guests?

Question about SWAN room occupancy - I have 2 adults and 3 children (5, 3, and 1). I believe for Disney resort hotels children under 3 don't count toward the occupancy limit. Is this true at the Swan as well?

Question about SWAN room occupancy - I have 2 adults and 3 children (5, 3, and 1). I believe for Disney resort hotels children under 3 don't count toward the occupancy limit. Is this true at the Swan as well?
This always gets confusing to me. The Fire Marshall in the area has some pretty strict occupancy limits, while generally kids under 3 don't apply I've also read its only the 1st child under 3. The Swan has an occupancy limit of 4 per room. The Dolphin has an occupancy limit of 5 per room, so either way you should be fine at the Dolphin, but I'd call direct (407.934.4000) to the S/D and verify if the 5th counts at the Swan I seem to recall that it does. Also, be advised they do charge an extra fee for a crib or pack & play, I think its stil running about $25/night.

Are the Swan paddle boats operating? We are spending two resort days during our upcoming stay and I'm looking for resort activities.

Hi! I have a reservation for June and this will be my first time on Dolphin, but I have a question ¿Is the water taxi to HS and Epcot working again? If so, how often do they leave.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter