Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes...she cancelled my original tickets and put a note in for the new ones. The reservation team at Costco called me abput an hour later to confirm and charge me the difference..i did lose my park reservations, but we aren't going until November so it didn't matter.

Thanks, I already have a reservation. But none of the confirmation emails explains what to do on that day. Is there a physical place to check in? The bar doesn't open till 11

@NMAmy, whoops sorry I totally misread your question. There are pool attendents on duty as early as 6AM, so you can probably just check with them. Since the Cabanas open at 10AM I assume they will have somebody there to assist. When you check in for your stay you can ask too. Hope you have a great trip!

Please help me out...I made the mistake of showing the hallway carpet photo to my DS24 cuz I thought the discussion of is it designed that way or worn out was interesting. Now he doesn't want me to book the Swan (which I can do for "free" with points) 'cuz he says the hotel looks dirty. Can anyone who has stayed recently reassure me (him) that it is not dirty...

@mickey916 a couple thoughts, if the carpets were really that bad you'd see comments all over this thread, I encourage you to scroll back and see the lack of discussion about the carpet. Over the years since that carpet was first installed there have been comments about how it looks dirty, but really it's the pattern. While I don't care for it personally, I didn't find it dirty at all. I agree with @Dave006 besides the trash and food trays a lot of the Disney resorts, plus many times people commented about the ECVs parked in the halls at those resorts. With Covid-19 a lot of hotels are not doing the best at cleaning, staffing shortages, and safety protocols, etc. Just the fact the rooms are not cleaned daily is part of the problem, but that's how all Disney and S/D resorts are running right now. Maybe tell your DS24 if he doesn't want to stay for free he can pay for any resort of his choice ;)

Last edited:
Last time I was there, my wife commented on the look of the carpet. I read about it before we went. It's a horrible design, and it looks faded and old in some parts because of the design, and people have been saying that since it was new. If it's the same pattern we saw, like everyone else who inspects it a little more closely, you can tell it's the design. Wife and I both agreed that it doesn't look like the greatest design that they could have chosen, but, whatever. I still think Swan/Dolphin are better for the price point than the Disney hotels for our situation. We always have a blast there, and, well...Kimonos. 🍣 🐷 Nuff said.

My wife and I were at the Swan in 2016 during the renovations, and the carpet looked like that even when it was brand new. I remember having a discussion about it, and wondering if it was the old carpet that had yet to be replaced. Eventually we concluded that must be the new carpet (since it matched the designs / color scheme of our renovated room), and that it was just the design that made it look more worn than it actually was.

We were there the end of April and, generally speaking, the hotel was very clean and well kept. I agree the carpet was probably not the best choice, but you over look it quickly once you are there. I will say that our room had some cleaning issues (trash found that was left by prior occupant, a lamp that did not work and another with an outlet so loose that you could not plug anything into it and get it to work, and missing some of the usual items like tissues and cups other than the coffee specific cups), but they were rectified other than the lamp with the bad outlet which they basically said they could remove but could not replace. All in all, it is a hotel and like any hotel, there can be issues. But it is a great location (especially for HS and EP) and a very nice hotel at about half the price of the nearby Disney owned hotels.

Please help me out...I made the mistake of showing the hallway carpet photo to my DS24 cuz I thought the discussion of is it designed that way or worn out was interesting. Now he doesn't want me to book the Swan (which I can do for "free" with points) 'cuz he says the hotel looks dirty. Can anyone who has stayed recently reassure me (him) that it is not dirty...

I am currently at the Swan. It isn't dirty. I happen to be one of the few who like the carpet. It you look at it, it is obviously a wavy design, and not worn out.

I am currently at the Swan. It isn't dirty. I happen to be one of the few who like the carpet. It you look at it, it is obviously a wavy design, and not worn out.
Thank you! I'm going to pass this along to reassure my son (and actually husband too).

Does anyone know: if I want to connect a balcony room to an alcove room if I need to also book an alcove with balcony room? Any advice? We don’t necessarily need to have connected rooms but would like to be nearby to each other. This last trip had two alcove rooms on opposite ends of the hallway. Thanks everyone :)

It apparently varies. I posted a few pages back about checking rates during my dates of 11/24/21-12/5/21. Thanksgiving weekend is listed on their booking site at $400/day, mid-week is $200/day, the following weekend is $300/day. I like the sound of $200 but not sure I’ll like the weather at that time of year to want an entire pool day.
I recently booked a cabana for early June. It looked to me like it was $300 for a Saturday and $200 for a weekday? I wonder how loud the construction is now? I booked a Thursday at the grotto cabana bc I thought the location would be better than the lap pool. When I remembered the construction I tried to switch to Saturday and there was nothing available.

Reactions: CJN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter