Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm wondering this as well..Just booked my May 2022 on points but would be willing to upgrade to a balcony if given the option.
We're still waiting to book our final night once they release the next week of rooms, but I went ahead and emailed them to see what they say. There is only a $45 difference between the room that we can book with points and the room with a balcony, so I'm hopeful it isn't too expensive if they allow you to pay to upgrade in advance.

Last edited:
@KMarston a user several pages back said they had discontinued reserving chairs.

There were reserved signs on quite a few chairs at the Grotto Pool when I stayed at the Swan from May 11-16. I only looked on Saturday, May 15th, so not sure about the other days of my stay.
[/QUOTE]
I was there in April and was told that the reserved seating (which was a paid service) was being discontinued.

We checked in via the Bonvoy app for our stay at the Dolphin next week and somehow this seems to have disconnected the reservation from MDE. Not a big deal to fix it and doesn’t seem to have affected any of my other plans, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?

We're still waiting to book our final night once they release the next week of rooms, but I went ahead and emailed them to see what they say. There is only a $45 difference between the room that we can book with points and the room with a balcony, so I'm hopeful it isn't too expensive if they allow you to pay to upgrade in advance.
Can't wait to hear how they respond. I thought I read somewhere an upgrade was offered for $20/night...but maybe I dreamt that..

@mickey916 you're not really that far off from your dream. But I'm just not sure what they are doing now, but years ago we did an upgrade from a room we paid with points and the nightly upgrade was around $20-25 as I recall.

Can't wait to hear how they respond. I thought I read somewhere an upgrade was offered for $20/night...but maybe I dreamt that..
I’ve read that price too when upgrading at checkin, we’re hoping to secure an upgrade in advance and not wait until check in for peace of mind. I’ll report back when they respond!

We checked in via the Bonvoy app for our stay at the Dolphin next week and somehow this seems to have disconnected the reservation from MDE. Not a big deal to fix it and doesn’t seem to have affected any of my other plans, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?
Yes, as soon as I added the reservation to the Bonvoy app, it kicked it out of the MDE app. I posted about it previously, and I think someone else said it happened to them too. Until (if) they start doing the early entry just for hotel guests, it doesn't really matter.

Still no room service at Swan/Dolphin? I think some of the other resorts have resumed in room dining, so I wanted to see if anyone has an update!

Still no room service at Swan/Dolphin? I think some of the other resorts have resumed in room dining, so I wanted to see if anyone has an update!
I think I recall seeing here a few days ago that they did. Can't find the post now though.

I called guest services. She said that there is mobile dining (room service) on the S/D app. I just looked at the app and it is there under Restaurants>Mobile Dining. I indicated that 'I Am 'On Property'.
I think I recall seeing here a few days ago that they did. Can't find the post now though.

I called guest services. She said that there is mobile dining (room service) on the S/D app. I just looked at the app and it is there under Restaurants>Mobile Dining. I indicated that 'I Am 'On Property'.
Thank you so much! I thought I had seen it too, but couldn’t find it searching so assumed I must have been wrong!

Is there anywhere to fill up a water container before hitting the parks>
There will be complimentary bottles of water in your room. Additional bottles, within reason, are available upon request. You can transfer to your container. I would not drink the tap water from the room...not that it’s dangerous, just not great tasting, IMO.

Actually they stopped room service that had been running at the YC since the NBA left last fall. It ended just before the BC opened this week. Currently on the GF has Private Dining and the rumor is that it may also go away for an unknown duration.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter