Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We spent a great seven nights at the Dolphin last week! It was our first stay here. For comparison sake, we have previously stayed at the Poly, the Beach Club, and the Boardwalk Inn. We booked a deluxe king alcove with connecting double and were very happy with it. When we were given the room numbers, we were confused because they were not next to each other, but they did indeed connect through an interior door. If we had been there with younger kids, I might have been uneasy because the exterior doors were on different arms of an “L” shaped hallway, but ours are 18 so it was fine for us. Both rooms had a great view over the water facing the Boardwalk. The kids double room had a balcony. We went out there once, but honestly, it was too hot😂. Our king alcove room was fantastic. There was an L shaped sofa that was also a pullout bed. We didn’t use it as such, so I can’t comment on how comfortable it would have been, but the sofa itself was very comfy to curl up on. We had two sinks, separated by the door to other bathroom facilities, and four mirrors, two full-length, which I found kind of amusing:-). There were two closets, one full length and one about half that. The half closet didn’t have a rod for hanging clothes, but we found it very useful to store suitcases. There was plenty of storage space and the room just felt BIG.

Housekeeping visited twice, and on two other occasions we asked for extra bottled water and towels, which were delivered within an hour of our request.

We ate breakfast in Fresh, Fuel and the Grove. I think Fuel was confused about our free breakfast slips and ended up overcharging us, but the pastries were fine. We really enjoyed both Fresh and the Grove - the food seemed identical, despite Fresh being a buffet. I really liked the biscuits and gravy, and the Mickey waffles were enjoyed by all:-). We had lunch on our arrival day at the Fountain. It was - fine. Nothing except the milkshakes were really notable. I was a little disappointed because the picture in the app looks much cuter than the reality, so maybe the contributed to my overall impression.

We also rented a cabana for a day and ordered food from the Cabana Bar and Beach Club. We had the calamari, the grilled octopus, and the mushroom flatbread. The calamari was great, the flatbread was good, and dh and I disagreed on the octopus:-). As for the cabana rental itself, it was a terrific experience and I would definitely do it again. The floats we were given were a little worse for wear cosmetically, but they worked fine. The attendants were very attentive, and it was so nice to have the shaded cabana to retreat to when we needed a break from the sun. The only thing I would do differently would be to wear more sunscreen😂!

Overall, a really nice stay and we will be back!

@jbock - you might want to call Swan/Dolphin in-house reservatoin to see if they have internally just not on the reservation website yet.
I did thanks - they told me to keep checking/calling that they weren't up yet. My guess is they had to go into the system do some editing as Epcot side is the only fireworks side for a bit, before I imagine they had rooms set to fireworks view on the HS side..

Wait, there are fireworks rooms that are named that? I assumed resort view rooms would have a view of fireworks. I’m so glad to have seen your post!
They previously did, yes. When fireworks were cancelled they converted them all into "resort view" category. But that category already existed, so [and this is confirmed w/ reservations] if you have a resort view right now it's not guaranteed to be fireworks view. They're working on this. They suggested I make a resort-view res and then keep calling and eventually they'd convert it to fireworks for me (and charge more $$)

I'm not sure the right board to post this - regarding transpiration to /from MCO.

This is the first trip where we aren't renting a car. The options I read are Tony Hinds, Tiffany, Mears, and FL Tours.

My inclination is Tony Hinds given the very positive things I read on the DIS. Plus they will do a grocery stop.

Any reason I should consider a more established service? Tiffany is priced similar to Tony Hinds and will also do a stop. Mears is much more expensive and won't do a stop (well, they will but they charge for wait time which makes it even more so). Haven't checked FL Tours.

Thoughts are appreciated.

(And if this should be moved to a different board, I understand. Obviously this is not a Swan/Dolphin specific question.

Thanks

We spent a great seven nights at the Dolphin last week! It was our first stay here. For comparison sake, we have previously stayed at the Poly, the Beach Club, and the Boardwalk Inn. We booked a deluxe king alcove with connecting double and were very happy with it. When we were given the room numbers, we were confused because they were not next to each other, but they did indeed connect through an interior door. If we had been there with younger kids, I might have been uneasy because the exterior doors were on different arms of an “L” shaped hallway, but ours are 18 so it was fine for us. Both rooms had a great view over the water facing the Boardwalk. The kids double room had a balcony. We went out there once, but honestly, it was too hot😂. Our king alcove room was fantastic. There was an L shaped sofa that was also a pullout bed. We didn’t use it as such, so I can’t comment on how comfortable it would have been, but the sofa itself was very comfy to curl up on. We had two sinks, separated by the door to other bathroom facilities, and four mirrors, two full-length, which I found kind of amusing:-). There were two closets, one full length and one about half that. The half closet didn’t have a rod for hanging clothes, but we found it very useful to store suitcases. There was plenty of storage space and the room just felt BIG.

Housekeeping visited twice, and on two other occasions we asked for extra bottled water and towels, which were delivered within an hour of our request.

We ate breakfast in Fresh, Fuel and the Grove. I think Fuel was confused about our free breakfast slips and ended up overcharging us, but the pastries were fine. We really enjoyed both Fresh and the Grove - the food seemed identical, despite Fresh being a buffet. I really liked the biscuits and gravy, and the Mickey waffles were enjoyed by all:-). We had lunch on our arrival day at the Fountain. It was - fine. Nothing except the milkshakes were really notable. I was a little disappointed because the picture in the app looks much cuter than the reality, so maybe the contributed to my overall impression.

We also rented a cabana for a day and ordered food from the Cabana Bar and Beach Club. We had the calamari, the grilled octopus, and the mushroom flatbread. The calamari was great, the flatbread was good, and dh and I disagreed on the octopus:-). As for the cabana rental itself, it was a terrific experience and I would definitely do it again. The floats we were given were a little worse for wear cosmetically, but they worked fine. The attendants were very attentive, and it was so nice to have the shaded cabana to retreat to when we needed a break from the sun. The only thing I would do differently would be to wear more sunscreen😂!

Great trip repot, glad you guys all had a great time. Quick question on Fresh; is it a first come first server or can you make reservations? And also, how did you feel being at a buffet? We havent been to a buffet in over a year and a half hahaha.

But that category already existed, so [and this is confirmed w/ reservations] if you have a resort view right now it's not guaranteed to be fireworks view.

Our reservation says "best resort view" which I assumed would include a fireworks view if they came back. We asked specifically for the same configuration we had in 2018 and we could see the fireworks from all three parks in one room or the other (opposite sides of the hall).

...My inclination is Tony Hinds given the very positive things I read on the DIS. Plus they will do a grocery stop.

Any reason I should consider a more established service? Tiffany is priced similar to Tony Hinds and will also do a stop...
Between Tony & Tiffany it's a toss up to me. We've used Tiffany in the past and thought it was great. My only concern with Tony is the lack of any formal website and contact methods. But has a very loyal following to that seems to over come those issue that I'd normally rule somebody out over. I'd say do what feels right for you!

Great review, thanks very much. And it sounds like another family hooked. :cool1:

The options I read are Tony Hinds, Tiffany, Mears, and FL Tours.
I think any are fine, though I would not personally use Mears. I prefer a limo type service. I myself have not used Tony, but he gets stunning reviews here on the dis.

I did call just now to the S/D to see if the S/D airport limo service, which I have used for my past two trips, has returned post COVID. It was great but discontinued (hopefully temporarily) due to the pandemic.

Yes - I'm concerned about Tony being in effect an informal business. And he's not that much cheaper than Tiffany.

I like the idea of supporting an individual over a company I guess - but companies hire and pay "real people" too!

I'll think about it more. Thanks for the responses.

Any reason I should consider a more established service? Tiffany is priced similar to Tony Hinds and will also do a stop. Mears is much more expensive and won't do a stop (well, they will but they charge for wait time which makes it even more so). Haven't checked FL Tours.

I have used FL Tours many times and have always had a great experience with them. They too will do a grocery stop.

I'm not sure the right board to post this - regarding transpiration to /from MCO.

This is the first trip where we aren't renting a car. The options I read are Tony Hinds, Tiffany, Mears, and FL Tours.

My inclination is Tony Hinds given the very positive things I read on the DIS. Plus they will do a grocery stop.

(And if this should be moved to a different board, I understand. Obviously this is not a Swan/Dolphin specific question.

Thanks

Tiffany Towncar also does a grocery stop. I have used them many times.

I have not used Tony Hinds. Somebody posted yesterday (although I have no idea in which thread) that they were frustrated at the lack of response when they attempted to reach him. I know one person who had a bad experience but was afraid to post about it because everyone on the Dis seems to love him.

Tiffany Towncar also does a grocery stop. I have used them many times.

Thanks for the response; I saw that one about the frustration of contacting Tony Hinds. I don't want to speculate or anything but my concern was similar - it seems he runs his own business and while likely pretty reliable etc it wouldn't take much for it be an issue.

For example - IF a driver had an issue or called in sick or whatever, how would that be handled? He sent me a link to a web site that had a reservation form and had no times available around our flight. I told him that in response and he said "I'll work it out". OK - great; but can I actually count on that? Probably but it did give me pause.

Totally unrelated - essentially - but we went to Paris several years ago and the car I reserved never showed up. Exhausted after the flight we took a cab, overpaid obviously - etc. That's unfair to say regrading Tony Hinds - but the risk is greater I'd say.

I think we'll go with Tiffany. Thanks again.

Great trip repot, glad you guys all had a great time. Quick question on Fresh; is it a first come first server or can you make reservations? And also, how did you feel being at a buffet? We havent been to a buffet in over a year and a half hahaha.
Both Fresh and the Grove were first come, first served, no reservations accepted. I was fine with the buffet. All of the dishes were served by staff instead of people serving themselves.

Thanks
Just to throw one more option in for you, we used Happy Limo last week and were very pleased with them. Our driver was very accommodating and even let us change our minds and throw in a grocery stop last minute.

Hello Swan & Dolphin fans! I've just booked two rooms for 8 nights in September. We have 10 people, so I needed 5 per room. (I know it will be crowded, but when you have 10 people in your family you get used to that.) My question is this: The WDW site wouldn't let me book 5 to a room, so I went through the Marriott site. Am I missing anything by not booking through WDW? We've only stayed at Disney-owned resorts in the past, so I've always booked everything through them.

Any other suggestions, especially those relevant to visiting with a large group, sincerely appreciated!

Hello Swan & Dolphin fans! I've just booked two rooms for 8 nights in September. We have 10 people, so I needed 5 per room. (I know it will be crowded, but when you have 10 people in your family you get used to that.) My question is this: The WDW site wouldn't let me book 5 to a room, so I went through the Marriott site. Am I missing anything by not booking through WDW? We've only stayed at Disney-owned resorts in the past, so I've always booked everything through them.

Any other suggestions, especially those relevant to visiting with a large group, sincerely appreciated!
I think you will just need to link the reservation to your MDE account and assign everyone in your party so you can get dining reservations and the early park entrance for resort guests perk IF it's happening by then.

Just a heads up, several of us have had issues with the reservation disappearing in MDE especially after adding it to the Bonvoy app, but you can add it back easily.

Are all 10 of you immediate family or is it grandparents or whatever too? What are the age ranges? I've gone with a big group before but it was grandparents, aunts and then my sister's family and mine so how you handle things could depend on the answer to those questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter