Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I think you will just need to link the reservation to your MDE account and assign everyone in your party so you can get dining reservations and the early park entrance for resort guests perk IF it's happening by then.

Just a heads up, several of us have had issues with the reservation disappearing in MDE especially after adding it to the Bonvoy app, but you can add it back easily.

Are all 10 of you immediate family or is it grandparents or whatever too? What are the age ranges? I've gone with a big group before but it was grandparents, aunts and then my sister's family and mine so how you handle things could depend on the answer to those questions.

Thanks for the info!
It's just us. 8 kids from 25 to 5. And two parents, much older. :)

Can anyone explain the AP discount at Swan and Dolphin…I read the rate details and it says a pre-payment charge will be made (get that part) and then something about sending a check for a deposit to guarantee the rate ????Anyone know what they are talking about?

Last edited:
Can anyone explain the AP discount at Swan and Dolphin…I read the rate details and it says a pre-payment charge will be made (get that part) and then something about sending a check for a deposit to guarantee the rate ????Anyone know what they are talking about?
Following... I made a reservation with the Dolphin on June 1 for Nov 2021. I have not been charged anything on my credit card yet. I have also read the same rate details as you and it makes me wonder.

We ate breakfast in Fresh, Fuel and the Grove. I think Fuel was confused about our free breakfast slips and ended up overcharging us, but the pastries were fine.
Were the free breakfast slips part of a Bonvoy status perk? We will be Platinum our next S/D stay, and I was curious what was offered.

Hey what’s the mask situation at swan/dolphin right now? Anyone know?

I’m at the Dolphin now, and basically nobody is wearing a mask. We did wear them on the bus to AK yesterday, and to MK today. We thought we would need to wear one on the friendship boat to Epcot, but most of the people on the boat weren’t wearing them. But basically, you won’t need to wear them here.

I booked with the AP rate about a week ago! They charged my card 1 nights stay and then the rest is due when you check in to the resort! Originally I thought the whole amount was going to be charged, but it ended up only being 1 night to hold the reservation which is fully refundable up until 5 days before my reservation. Hope this info helps!

Following... I made a reservation with the Dolphin on June 1 for Nov 2021. I have not been charged anything on my credit card yet. I have also read the same rate details as you and it makes me wonder.

I booked with the AP rate about a week ago! Did you book with the AP rate or just made a booking? They charged my card 1 nights stay and then the balance is due when I check in to the resort! Originally I thought the whole amount was going to be charged on my card, but it ended up only being 1 night to hold the reservation which is fully refundable up until 5 days before my reservation. Hope this info helps!

I’m at the Dolphin now, and basically nobody is wearing a mask. We did wear them on the bus to AK yesterday, and to MK today. We thought we would need to wear one on the friendship boat to Epcot, but most of the people on the boat weren’t wearing them. But basically, you won’t need to wear them here.

Do they still have the mask signs up and just not enforcing it? Or have they dropped it? (Asking in the hopes a convention coming there next week will drop it as well)

Looking forward to my 1st stay at the Dolphin for Disney's 50th Anniversary! 1st time staying off property at Disney! I think I changed my resort a dozen times for this stay....as the prices are just crazy due to Disney's 50th! Glad I found the AP discount that the Swan & Dolphin are offering! Kind of made it a no brainer to make the switch! It's saving me $1500 on my trip.

I'll let you know as soon as the charge hits my cc. I reserved Dolphin on Tuesday with a senior discount. My email just says "Guarantee Method - Credit card deposit Master Card". Then it shows the total for all 7 nights. So I don't know if the full amount will be on my cc or just a deposit. I literally checked like 15 minutes ago.

I'll let you know as soon as the charge hits my cc. I reserved Dolphin on Tuesday with a senior discount. My email just says "Guarantee Method - Credit card deposit Master Card". Then it shows the total for all 7 nights. So I don't know if the full amount will be on my cc or just a deposit. I literally checked like 15 minutes ago.
That's what mine is, a senior discount. 16 days later still no charge to my cc. That's fine with me, as long as they don't cancel my reservation, but they have my cc info.

Were the free breakfast slips part of a Bonvoy status perk? We will be Platinum our next S/D stay, and I was curious what was offered.
Yep. DH is Ambassador level. Helpful to know that they don’t have to be used for breakfast and you can use more than one at a time. Each slip is basically $20 off.

Just got back from a 6 night stay at the Swan, using Tiffanies for the airport transfer as we always do. We stayed there many times and will in the future.
if you don’t drive just check your hotel bill prior to checking out. my summary totals said zero for parking, yet when I reviewed the daily charges it had valet for each night. The front desk immediately took the charges off when I pointed it out and I told them that it is very deceptive to have the summary show a zero balance and the charges on there.

This won’t stop me from staying there in the future as I think the Swan is the best for my family.

Do they still have the mask signs up and just not enforcing it? Or have they dropped it? (Asking in the hopes a convention coming there next week will drop it as well)
According to a swan employee, they follow Disney’s rules, so no masks if fully vaccinated.

Just to throw one more option in for you, we used Happy Limo last week and were very pleased with them. Our driver was very accommodating and even let us change our minds and throw in a grocery stop last minute.
we have been using happy limo since our honeymoon in 2003. The first time we used them, they literally had a red carpet rolled out for us To the car door! The people waiting for the pre magical express bus line that was outside in the heat were staring. Happy Limo is great!

That's what mine is, a senior discount. 16 days later still no charge to my cc. That's fine with me, as long as they don't cancel my reservation, but they have my cc info.

They’ve been inconsistent about charging the deposit the last 3 to 4 times we’ve stayed there! Our most recent stay (last month) we weren’t charged until we checked in (and we’d made the reservation more than 2 months prior!)

Our upcoming September stay (made many months ago and modified once) also hasn’t been charged a deposit yet.

I check my reservations weekly on the Marriott website or app just to ease my mind! :thumbsup2

They’ve been inconsistent about charging the deposit the last 3 to 4 times we’ve stayed there! Our most recent stay (last month) we weren’t charged until we checked in (and we’d made the reservation more than 2 months prior!)

Our upcoming September stay (made many months ago and modified once) also hasn’t been charged a deposit yet.

I check my reservations weekly on the Marriott website or app just to ease my mind! :thumbsup2
Thank you, makes me feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter