Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm helping a friend figure out transportation to and from the Dolphin. They will have a car, but I'm thinking walking to HS and Epcot will be easier. They have parkhoppers so if they drive to one park, I hate to have them have to figure out how to get back to their car vs. just taking skyliner, bus, etc to the next park. What is the best way to tell them to make rope drop for EP/HS? Walk or boat? And then MK/AK are there direct buses to those places, should they walk to Boardwalk/Beach Club and hop a bus there? I've never even been in the Swan/Dolphin complex so any help you all can give me would be great! They will have a car so if driving to some of those places would be best, thats fine too, just remember they have the hoppers and are planning to use them, so that complicates the driving situation!

Back in May, I took the boat to HS. The boat begins ONE HOUR before Park opening, so be there about 15 minutes before. The 1st boats out to HS, also, each resort seems to get its own boat as they launch them all at the same time - Boardwalk, YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin - but you'll actually have a slight advantage boarding at the Swan/Dolphin as the next stop is HS whereas the other 2 boats will stop and pick up additional passenger if the boat isn't full (as I learned in March when I rode the boat to HS from The Boardwalk).

(NOTE: I WALKED back from HS simply because it was park closing time and the line for the boat was super long - but I would have preferred to take the boat as the Swan/Dolphin is the 1st stop on the route back)

Epcot - Take the boat - but consider getting off at the Beach Club and walking the rest of the way. It will save some time and steps beyond walking all the way to Epcot (The boat guy told us - hey - this is pretty close if you want to get there - and probably will faster than if you were to stay on the boat as it has to go BW before Epcot)

AK - honestly - DRIVE - and pay the extra $$ for premium parking. There is SO much walking at AK and until trams are running, it gets you so much closer.

MK - I walked over to the BW early in the morning (6:15 for an 8 AM MK Opening - the bus arrived at 6:35, loaded, and we were at MK by 7:04). Going back, I did as a previous poster suggested: walked over to the Contemporary and took a LYFT back to the hotel (but I was also in a hurry meeting friends for dinner that night) (Otherwise, I would just go to the bus stop and take whatever bus comes next: BW, BC/YC, or HS

I just booked for some dates in August (at the Dolphin) and it was an average of $204 a night (not counting resort fees and taxes) and broke down to this (exact dates removed)
  • Saturday - 172.00
  • Sunday - 172.00
  • Monday - 194.00
  • Tuesday - 224.00
  • Wednesday - 244.00

I really seems to vary based on the date (and I am guessing overall occupancy) because I stayed in May and some nights were as low as $157.

The code is QWH - just plug it in and play with your dates.

(Edited to add: that I stayed at the Dolphin - and that it always seems to be $10 to $20 a night less than the Swan)
Thanks so much. I just checked, but sadly the discount isn't available for our dates. It's good info to know though, so a big thank you to you!

Checking through Marriott’s site is what works best for me. The discount is up to 30% off. Put in your dates and under “special rates” select “corporate/promo” and type in the code QWH.
Thanks for the great info. It doesn't appear available for my dates, but it's great info to have in my back pocket!

Thanks so much. I just checked, but sadly the discount isn't available for our dates. It's good info to know though, so a big thank you to you!

Bummer! But if you can swing the one-night deposit, it may be worth it to book for your dates with the best rate you can find.... and then check back closer to time to see if additional rates have opened up.

We're staying off property at one of the Vistianas in Oct - when I booked I got us at $142 - but yesterday there were offers as low as $127.

(Just as a reference - the QWH code works at the new JW Marriott ($179/night) and some of the hotels at Flamingo Crossing (Townplace Suites - 137/night, Springhill Suites, 136/night - as well as a Residence Inn (opening in Aug) and Fairfield Inn opening in July). While this doesn't have the convenience of the Swan/Dolphin, they also don't have resort fees or parking fees if you drive....).

With Marriott, I often book a couple of back-ups for a trip if I'm planning far in advance.

Do the Dolphin pools get busy after lunch during hot summer days? Is it hard to get a chair? Thanks!

is Dolphin currently offering housekeeping everyday? I’ve heard regular Disney resorts don’t have housekeeping everyday due to understaffing… is Dolphin different because it is Marriott?

What time is the first boat to each park/how early did you arrive at the boat dock? Ty!

I’m not sure what time the first boat is. We were at the boat dock for HS around 7:50, and around 9:45 for Epcot. When we got to HS, they had already started letting people in, but we’re holding people n various areas depending on which ride you were going to. We lined up with the people going to MMRR and once they let us go to the ride, it took maybe 10 minutes from that point. When we got to Epcot, there were people lined up at the International Gateway. They started letting people in shortly after. Even with the long walk back to Soarin’ we still got on it very quickly. Being there at rope drop does make a difference though. We went to Epcot a second time a little past 11:00. As we were walking back towards Future World, the line for Test Track was already ridiculously long.

This was our first stay at the Dolphin. I really liked it. The price for the location can’t be beat. You don’t get the Disney motif, but you’re right by the Boardwalk and Beach and Yacht Club if you want that. It’s spacious, there’s good food options, and I can definitely see coming back here. The only hiccup was on day 5. In the evening, the fire alarm went off. It was deafeningly loud. I called down to the front desk and they said everything was fine. It happened again and eventually it turned out that the alarm was faulty and they had to move us to another room. It took awhile to get it all sorted and we had to hastily pack and move rooms. We were in a double double alcove room on the 17th floor and they moved us to an alcove room on the 18th floor that was a little smaller than the other room, but it was fine, and they gave a credit on the bill. The maintenance and security people were great, but the front desk people seemed a little flustered and unsure what to do. But it was one hiccup in an otherwise good stay.

One more thing, I booked using a government rate. I’ve used government rates for years both for work and leisure travel. In all those years, I’m not sure I was ever asked to see my government ID, even when I was traveling for work. But they did ask for it here. I always carry it with me for travel just in case, but I was really surprised they asked for it.

This was our first stay at the Dolphin. I really liked it. The price for the location can’t be beat. You don’t get the Disney motif, but you’re right by the Boardwalk and Beach and Yacht Club if you want that. It’s spacious, there’s good food options, and I can definitely see coming back here. The only hiccup was on day 5. In the evening, the fire alarm went off. It was deafeningly loud. I called down to the front desk and they said everything was fine. It happened again and eventually it turned out that the alarm was faulty and they had to move us to another room. It took awhile to get it all sorted and we had to hastily pack and move rooms. We were in a double double alcove room on the 17th floor and they moved us to an alcove room on the 18th floor that was a little smaller than the other room, but it was fine, and they gave a credit on the bill. The maintenance and security people were great, but the front desk people seemed a little flustered and unsure what to do. But it was one hiccup in an otherwise good stay.

What did you think of your view from the original room? We have a double/double alcove room booked for next November and the only option was one with a limited view. I’m debating whether the view or extra space is more important to us.

Me again! Will the Dolphin accept deliveries from Garden Grocer?
Somebody recently reported that they accepted it and didn't charge. But you're best to set it up to meet the driver and pick it up directly yourself. While they may not be charging now, in the past they applied their handling fees to one person that shared their experience. It is mentioned on their site under business centers, shipping Shipping Solutions "Handling fees apply to packages and Amazon Prime Pantry deliveries."

What did you think of your view from the original room? We have a double/double alcove room booked for next November and the only option was one with a limited view. I’m debating whether the view or extra space is more important to us.

Neither room had a view, it was basically just roofs and parking lot. We didn’t really care, having the extra space was nice. If the view matters though, I wouldn’t get the alcove room.

Reactions: CJN
You won't be able to make park reservations until you have tickets so you'll want to buy those well before you arrive. You'll be able to link your Dolphin reservation in MDE. Your tickets will also link.

Now this is assuming that the current park reservation system is still in place next summer. And tight now, there are no Fastpasses but that may change in the future, too.
Yikes I should have thought of that! I will buy them before and link it all...so used to packages on the disney site where the tickets are added.

How early does the bus (The one by Mears) leave from the Swan.

I know it drops at TTC, but was just curious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter