Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm helping a friend figure out transportation to and from the Dolphin. They will have a car, but I'm thinking walking to HS and Epcot will be easier. They have parkhoppers so if they drive to one park, I hate to have them have to figure out how to get back to their car vs. just taking skyliner, bus, etc to the next park. What is the best way to tell them to make rope drop for EP/HS? Walk or boat? And then MK/AK are there direct buses to those places, should they walk to Boardwalk/Beach Club and hop a bus there? I've never even been in the Swan/Dolphin complex so any help you all can give me would be great! They will have a car so if driving to some of those places would be best, thats fine too, just remember they have the hoppers and are planning to use them, so that complicates the driving situation!
I think that 9 times out of 10, walking from Swan/Dolphin to DHS and Epcot is always faster than skyliner/car/boat/bus since there are no variables that could really slow down your walk. All that said, a boat or skyliner could beat two feet but it's definitely not as common.

As far a going to MK and AK, if they plan to hop, they may want their car for hopping and that would alleviate their how to get to those parks question. I believe they will get free parking at the parks staying at swan/dolphin. They just have to show their key card at the lot.

If they do take a bus, they can use the buses at Swan and Dolphin or hop on the YC/BC/BW buses.

Do the Dolphin pools get busy after lunch during hot summer days? Is it hard to get a chair? Thanks!
We did not have any issues, although I think others have had different experiences. We were there for a week and the only day I really saw it crowded was our arrival day, Sunday, the 6th.

We had housekeeping twice during our seven nights, on the third and sixth days.

Does Disney Floral deliver to Swan and Dolphin or are there any other special/unique in-room treats that the S&D offer (for purchase)?

Does Disney Floral deliver to Swan and Dolphin or are there any other special/unique in-room treats that the S&D offer (for purchase)?
Yes Disney Floral delivers to both and pre-pandemic they were able to actually deliver to the room while you were out of the room. Not sure when that feature has returned but it should indicate on their web page:

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do

Dave

Hi, I am staying onsite for the first time in awhile. I have scanned over some posts with people mentioning getting their rooms upgraded and was wondering how one can attempt to do this.

Now, I booked the room through Hotels.com from Aug. 15-21, King bed room with view. No room number has been assigned yet but it is linked to my MDE account and I was able to make dining reservations at 60 + 7.

Thanks!

Hi, I am staying onsite for the first time in awhile. I have scanned over some posts with people mentioning getting their rooms upgraded and was wondering how one can attempt to do this.

Room upgrades happen primarily based on Marriott rewards member status. In addition, you'd have to book directly through Marriott.

Now, I booked the room through Hotels.com from Aug. 15-21, King bed room with view. No room number has been assigned yet but it is linked to my MDE account and I was able to make dining reservations at 60 + 7.

First thing is since you booked a view room you're in a good spot. It never hurts to ask if you do check in at the desk if they have any upgrades. Generally, for those with higher then gold the upgrades are complimentary, for Gold and below they may offer you something for cash (used to be for points too), mostly it might be a room with a balcony. Ultimately if its for cash you can decide if you want to spent the extra or not. But at the rate from Hotels they may not offer anything, just hard to predict right now. With booking through hotels.com you probably won't earn points or night credits, that's their policy but also never hurts to give them your Marriott #.

Have you downloaded the Swan Dolphin Mobile App? You'll want that to know hours of places around S/D.

Have a great trip!

They’ve been inconsistent about charging the deposit the last 3 to 4 times we’ve stayed there! Our most recent stay (last month) we weren’t charged until we checked in (and we’d made the reservation more than 2 months prior!)

Our upcoming September stay (made many months ago and modified once) also hasn’t been charged a deposit yet.

I check my reservations weekly on the Marriott website or app just to ease my mind! :thumbsup2

I saw that only one night of our 7 night reservation (w/Senior discount) has been charged to my CC on the 21st. So basically, one week from the time I made the reservation. I was also able to link the reservation on MDE earlier this week. I went ahead and purchased my passes, so I feel comfortable knowing all is on MDE for easy navigation.

Room upgrades happen primarily based on Marriott rewards member status. In addition, you'd have to book directly through Marriott.

If we booked a Swan standard room through an intermediate website, eg Expedia or Travel Republic etc, and not Marriott, would it be possible to upgrade to a balcony weeks or months before arrival?

We want to be there 26th April - 7th May 2022 and it's looking really pricey at the moment.
It's about $6,000 for an 11 night stay, $535 per night and that's non refundable!

Any idea if it's likely to come down in price?
Thanks for any pointers.

Okay, Swan and Dolphin is a resort I know the least about. Any advantage of Swan vs Dolphin? Do they have busses to the parks just like the Disney owned hotels (I know Magical Express doesn't go there).

Does anyone know if I book with an Agent do I still earn Marriott Reward Points?

Thanks!
You can always ask at check-in. Oftentimes, if lower occupancy, you might score a complimentary upgrade. Let them know it is your first time staying there.

Enjoy.

Does anyone know if I book with an Agent do I still earn Marriott Reward Points?
Probably not. When I booked a 1 night stay at the SpringHill Suites at Flamingo Crossing our agent made it clear at the rate she was getting no points. However I gave them my # and got lucky. Previous trip to S/D through Costco I got nights but not points. It will depend on how the price is marked by the agent or the booking group they use. My SpringHill rate was about $70 cheaper then the best price I found direct.

You might check out this page; Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions

Ok so we are going august 20-31 and we figured we are gonna walk back and forth to Epcot and take the boats to and from HS. We are most likely gonna walk to boardwalk for MK… with that being said how bad is the travel to AK? Is it that much of a difference from the regular bus?

depending on the day 200 or 300. You can go to the swan/dolphin web site (not the Marriott site) and look to see what is available and the cost. We did it this past Monday at the lap pool and it was 200. Yes they do full and half days, but the cost difference wasn’t that much so we booked a full day.
Hi. Another question. We will have 4 kids. 3-12 in age would you suggest grotto or lap pool cabana. Tia

Hi. Another question. We will have 4 kids. 3-12 in age would you suggest grotto or lap pool cabana. Tia

I would second the grotto recommendation, because the grotto is a much bigger pool with play areas for your littlest ones. That being said, you will have to leave your cabana to accompany the littles to those areas; they can’t be seen from the cabanas. Likewise, the area where your older kids will probably want to be isn’t easily watched from the kid play areas. So it kind of depends on what kind of cabana day you are looking for. If you want to be able to hang out at the cabana and watch all of the kids, then the Swan lap pool might be easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter