Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Did you book a refundable room rate and then purchase the tickets directly from Disney? The tickets, although nonrefundable, could be applied toward a future trip, though you would have to pay the difference if/when the ticket cost increases.

It was a NON refundable room rate. The tickets are Military Salute tickets so they have an expiration before dec, not really worried about the tickets. I am more concerned about the room costs of $1500. What I don't understand is as far as I can tell there was no actual deposit made(unless it was temp and then came off). Meaning I can just cancel my credit card, get a new number, and good luck with them making a charge towards it to punish me for simply not wanting to goto what is statistical the most prevalent area in the country for the Delta Variant. 1 in 5 cases are from Florida.

I rented a cabana for my trip next week at the Swan. Has anyone done this before? Do you think it is worth the money?

It was a NON refundable room rate. The tickets are Military Salute tickets so they have an expiration before dec, not really worried about the tickets. I am more concerned about the room costs of $1500. What I don't understand is as far as I can tell there was no actual deposit made(unless it was temp and then came off). Meaning I can just cancel my credit card, get a new number, and good luck with them making a charge towards it to punish me for simply not wanting to goto what is statistical the most prevalent area in the country for the Delta Variant. 1 in 5 cases are from Florida.
They are truly non refundable and no changeable. I tried to add a day to my stay and it was no dice. I would’ve have to do a separate one night reservation. They were very strict no changes at all, including cancellation.

Non-refundable means no refunds for any reason. They are usually cheaper than refundable tickets and that is the trade off.. Yes you can cancel the card but you will still owe the money. Eventually it would get turned over to a debt collector and possibly show up on your credit report.

I have a really stupid question and I looked on the first page that has all the S/D info and didn't see this addressed.

Can I use Disney gift cards to pay for my Dolphin resort stay? Restaurants?

They pre-authorized your cc when you booked. Closing it to avoid them being able to charge to it might or might not make them unable to charge it. Closed cards can still have pre-authorized charges hit. If they can’t collect from your cc company and you refuse to pay them be ready for them to send you to collections
-reporting the card lost/stolen to try to get a new number on it in order to avoid making your hotel payment is fraud. Don’t commit fraud.

I would call and ask them to make an exception to the non-refundable clause. If they don’t, too bad. You took on the risk of Covid cases spiking again when you made the agreement with Marriott to pay less for the room in exchange for zero flexibility.

Don’t risk destroying your credit over this. Chalk it up to expensive lessons learned.

I have a question for those of you who have stayed at the Dolphin recently what is the dollar amount of the hold they put on your credit card for incidentals at check in? I know the fees for parking and the resort daily fee I would just like to know the incidental hold. Thanks for all your help. I'm doing my first solo trip and I was able to book this resort!

This perked up my ears. 20% discount on a cabana rental would go a long way in covering aaa annual dues.
I do want to say that the cabana discount was what I have read here. I have not seen that in writing, but, if mentioned, probably correct. You might want to call though and verify.
I rented a cabana for my trip next week at the Swan. Has anyone done this before? Do you think it is worth the money?
I never have but those who have have said here that they enjoyed them.
I have a really stupid question and I looked on the first page that has all the S/D info and didn't see this addressed.

Can I use Disney gift cards to pay for my Dolphin resort stay? Restaurants?
You can use them in the 2 Disney stores, one each in the Swan and in the the Dolphin.

Yes I'm sort of I the same boat watching the covidv spke wiith non refundable hotel. I I'm hoping that this spike is from all the 4th of July parties, etc.with the vaccineless partiyng. Hoping it starts going back down MAYBE this will be a wake up call for the persuadeable/ on the fence people. Some people we aren't ever going to reach tho, for some, the government distrust, and political identity have them blinded to reality. Though how exposing themselves and friends and neighbors makes any sense is beyond me. I'm letting my daughter make the call on whether my granddaughter can come or not.. She's 8 and unable to vaccinate. She's good about masking,, and we are mostly outside,,I went back and forth about travel insurance but didn't do it. Right now we are still going

Last edited:
I know Disney hasn't really offered "after hour" benefits for deluxe hotel guests before... but for dining / park reservations / day plans purposes... any idea when we might see a schedule?

We did one at the Dolphin in June and absolutely loved it! We spent the entire day at the pool and having the cabana to retreat to off and on was really great. We enjoyed using the floats too and the servers were very attentive. Definitely worth it for us!

I purchased a 5 night stay in September to the Swan. This was through Marriott's Site and I purchased the cheaper tickets which are non refundable.

My question is this: If I cancel, am I on the hook for the entire $1500? I have checked my credit card and there was no deposit made that I can find, I do have a email reservation for the dates associated, so do they just charge it upon cancellation the full amount? I am really confused. thanks

The reason I am cancelling is The Delta Covid variant has DOUBLED in the state of FL in the last week alone. 1 in 5 cases are now coming out of Florida. Zero chance I am dealing with that.
You need to call and ask. The noncancelable rate is normally prepaid. Maybe you didn't book a non cancel rate.

Covid has been around for over a year. You knew about the possibility of a surge when you booked.

In the past, in-house reservations has allowed a refundable rate reservation with arrival in fewer than five days (too little notice to cancel a refundable booking) to be pushed out to a later date, without penalty. Again, the rate booked was cancellable/changeable with a minimum five day notice.

If you did indeed purchase a non-refundable rate, that's the risk you take when trying to save money. I don't personally think COVID is a valid excuse anymore since it's been going on for over a year and we all know the potential risks of traveling, especially to an area like Florida where rates have always been higher than most places in the US.

I have a question for those of you who have stayed at the Dolphin recently what is the dollar amount of the hold they put on your credit card for incidentals at check in? I know the fees for parking and the resort daily fee I would just like to know the incidental hold. Thanks for all your help. I'm doing my first solo trip and I was able to book this resort!
We stayed at the Dolphin 6/23-6/26 and the incidental hold charge was $100. The charge dropped off on 7/3. Hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter