Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello, everyone! Longtime reader here, first time poster! I'm a Marriott Titanium Elite member and will be staying at the Swan Reserve for the 50th. I'm wondering if anyone with Bonvoy status can tell me the perks the S/D are giving at the moment. I've stayed in years past at S/D but am not sure I've seen on this thread the impact of perks to status holders.

Free breakfast? If so, what is the situation?

I've put in for a room upgrade with my certificates, but am already in a suite overlooking Epcot so only hoping for an even higher tier room if that works out.

Anything else? I appreciate you all!
You get a voucher per day with each one being worth $20. We used ours at Fuel, Garden Grove and Fresh. You don’t have to use them on the date listed - we used two at once to pay for four people at Fresh.
We have Ambassador status and didn't get a room upgrade but like you were already booked into a suite. A lot of the little extras you usually get with status are missing here, maybe because it’s not a “real” Marriott, maybe because they’re busier than other Marriotts...Still a great place to stay😀.

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but, can you rent a cabana for 1/2 day or does it have to be all day...TIA

If you book through the app I think the only option offered is for a full day. But I’m pretty sure it’s been posted here that you can book a half-day by calling.

The following reply from a Swan/Dolphin rep appeared on FB, in response to an inquiry
if they will be ‘going back to using actual Disney transportation.’
. We are still currently using our own transportation.

The answer pretty much skirted the issue.

You get a voucher per day with each one being worth $20. We used ours at Fuel, Garden Grove and Fresh. You don’t have to use them on the date listed - we used two at once to pay for four people at Fresh.
We have Ambassador status and didn't get a room upgrade but like you were already booked into a suite. A lot of the little extras you usually get with status are missing here, maybe because it’s not a “real” Marriott, maybe because they’re busier than other Marriotts...Still a great place to stay😀.
What do you mean not “real” Marriotts? Marriott manages S&D, while they don’t “own” it this procedure is normal with Marriott only managing the majority of their hotel portfolio.

The following reply from a Swan/Dolphin rep appeared on FB, in response to an inquiry
if they will be ‘going back to using actual Disney transportation.’

The answer pretty much skirted the issue.
But the answer is what should be expected at this time. Those dealing with the Facebook and Front Desk don't know the behind the scenes discussions between Disney & S/D. With Disney having had to go to some outside contractors for busing, it makes sense that S/D either got cut or the price was unreasonable. There is no doubt a staff shortage to fill positions. Give it time, we probably won't know until mid-September or October what the future holds.

Hi all, we are looking forward to our 1st stay at the Swan (you all have talked it up so much we are very excited). I have 2 fairly simple questions
1. When you are requesting something from housekeeping are you using the Swan/Dolphin App or the BonVoy one?
2. Does the food places (thinking for counter service type) take Apple Pay? And has anyone used Apple Pay in the Parks?

Hi all, we are looking forward to our 1st stay at the Swan (you all have talked it up so much we are very excited). I have 2 fairly simple questions
1. When you are requesting something from housekeeping are you using the Swan/Dolphin App or the BonVoy one?
2. Does the food places (thinking for counter service type) take Apple Pay? And has anyone used Apple Pay in the Parks?
1. You can use the Bonvoy app or a phone number that you can text that they will provide at check in. I have used both successfully.
2. I have not personally used Apple Pay at the Swalphin so I will leave that part to someone else. As far as the parks yes I have used it many times.

Apple Pay in the Parks is easier than using a MagicBand IMO. No typing in your security code and just a quick phone/watch tap and done! It's just like using it at any everyday place.

Just back from a short stay at the Swan --- our 8th stay there, and first since the start of the pandemic.

A few random thoughts:

(1) It was just so great to be back at the Swan (and at Disney). The hotel smells and feels the same as always, and there is something intangible about being there that just makes you smile and feel at home, at least if you have formed a lot of happy memories there over the years. After living thorough the last 16 months, that feeling has never been more welcome!

(2) The new, expanded Java is fantastic. (I can't remember, what were they using that space for in the past?) It really is a major improvement. I didn't get to try the new Chill bar --- it seems to have very limited hours --- but it looks like a nice addition as well.

(3) Il Mulino is as great as ever. Probably the most consistently excellent food at Disney.

(4) Add me to the list of people who thought the new hallway carpets were old and threadbare before looking twice and realizing that this was an intentional effort to create a wave effect. Sadly, I don't think it works.

(5) The boats are still the same (and I love them!), and the bus to AK really hasn't changed in any meaningful way. The bus to MK that doesn't actually go to MK, though, is a real bummer. We walked to the Boardwalk in the morning for rope drop, and took a bus back to the Yacht Club. Not too much of a hassle, but still, S&D really need to restore full Disney bus service.

(6) We rented a cabana at the grotto pool one day. The full day is really expensive. I wish that I had known about the half-day option when I booked; they don't tell you about it on the website. We enjoyed having the cabana, especially with the blazing sun. And the AAA discount is really nice. (Be sure to ask and show your card at checkout. They won't tell you about it.) But I don't think I would do it again, given the steep price. Also, while the servers were really nice, they didn't actually come by very often. I had to track them down whenever we wanted to order food or drinks --- and they weren't easy to find. And then our lunch took more than a half hour to come after we ordered, even though we were ordering at a non-peak time. Might be a consequence of the labor shortage.

Just back from a short stay at the Swan --- our 8th stay there, and first since the start of the pandemic.

A few random thoughts:

(1) It was just so great to be back at the Swan (and at Disney). The hotel smells and feels the same as always, and there is something intangible about being there that just makes you smile and feel at home, at least if you have formed a lot of happy memories there over the years. After living thorough the last 16 months, that feeling has never been more welcome!

(2) The new, expanded Java is fantastic. (I can't remember, what were they using that space for in the past?) It really is a major improvement. I didn't get to try the new Chill bar --- it seems to have very limited hours --- but it looks like a nice addition as well.

(3) Il Mulino is as great as ever. Probably the most consistently excellent food at Disney.

(4) Add me to the list of people who thought the new hallway carpets were old and threadbare before looking twice and realizing that this was an intentional effort to create a wave effect. Sadly, I don't think it works.

(5) The boats are still the same (and I love them!), and the bus to AK really hasn't changed in any meaningful way. The bus to MK that doesn't actually go to MK, though, is a real bummer. We walked to the Boardwalk in the morning for rope drop, and took a bus back to the Yacht Club. Not too much of a hassle, but still, S&D really need to restore full Disney bus service.

(6) We rented a cabana at the grotto pool one day. The full day is really expensive. I wish that I had known about the half-day option when I booked; they don't tell you about it on the website. We enjoyed having the cabana, especially with the blazing sun. And the AAA discount is really nice. (Be sure to ask and show your card at checkout. They won't tell you about it.) But I don't think I would do it again, given the steep price. Also, while the servers were really nice, they didn't actually come by very often. I had to track them down whenever we wanted to order food or drinks --- and they weren't easy to find. And then our lunch took more than a half hour to come after we ordered, even though we were ordering at a non-peak time. Might be a consequence of the labor shortage.

Love your comments, especially #1. I’d briefly thought about booking elsewhere but my teenage nephew kept asking for Swan. It’s the only resort he’s stayed on property and I thought a change could be nice. But you’re right - as he is - especially after all of this past year’s disruption it sounds really good to return to the comfort of a place where you’ve already made wonderful memories.

Are the drop off and pickup spots back with the Disney bus area now?
Dan my understanding its where your map showed 3/4, it's about the same distance as the other bus loop parking area - maybe a tad closer if S/D is on the end.

Attachments

• SD Bus Parking.png
    SD Bus Parking.png
    766 KB · Views: 16
Dan my understanding its where your map showed 3/4, it's about the same distance as the other bus loop parking area - maybe a tad closer if S/D is on the end.
So do the Mears buses go to the Uber area or the regular Disney bus loops?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter