Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi!! Planning a girl's weekend to have some adult beverages at Epcot and shop in DS without kids :) during next year's flower and garden. Looking at Dolphin and Swan since I'm a Marriott rewards member and they're walking distance. Any preference on which one or are they essentially the same? TIA!!
That sounds like a lovely trip! 🙂

The Swan has Queen beds and the Dolphin has Doubles. We usually chose the Swan for the bigger beds.

Hi!! Planning a girl's weekend to have some adult beverages at Epcot and shop in DS without kids :) during next year's flower and garden. Looking at Dolphin and Swan since I'm a Marriott rewards member and they're walking distance. Any preference on which one or are they essentially the same? TIA!!
Slight preference for the Swan because:
  • Queen beds
  • Shorter walk to Boardwalk and Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Better coffee stand on the main floor
Dolphin offers:
  • Costs less
  • food court

FYI - anyone that has upcoming trips! After JUST talking about this earlier this week, this morning I saw that my reservation for August had unlinked - and I had to re-link it (and use an Incognito window to do it as the regular window wouldn't load).

The Dolphin is larger. The bar is in the lobby area, so it's a livelier, fun atmosphere. The Swan is more sedate in the common areas.
The two resorts connect by walkway, so the restaurants are easily accessible to both. Swan has the queen beds, as someone mentioned. I think the Dolphin has more balcony rooms.

@melbelle75 in addition to the good information above:
The Dolphin is larger. The bar is in the lobby area, so it's a livelier, fun atmosphere. The Swan is more sedate in the common areas.
The two resorts connect by walkway, so the restaurants are easily accessible to both. Swan has the queen beds, as someone mentioned. I think the Dolphin has more balcony rooms.
The Dolphin has about 1500 rooms vs the Swan at about 750 rooms. The Swan is simply a much more compact resort with the Dolphin resort just 360 feet way via the covered walkway if you want to enjoy any of the additional amenities of the Dolphin.

In general the Dolphin tends to be cheaper slightly due to the number of rooms to fill. However a convention or multiple onventions or business groups may fully book one or both of the resorts at the same time. Both resorts are part of a very large Convention space.

Dave

Backstory: I have a room booked for Dec 3rd - Dec 4th. I believe the rate was 350 plus fees and taxes thats with my AP discount. However, now, some plans have changed and it would be a lot easier on me to stay Dec 2nd too. The rate right now is $250 plus taxes fees. I don't know if I could cover that much on a hotel stay, it's pretty steep for me. However, I got approval for the first time in years to have a drink, and since Ill be staying so close to Epcot it really works out perfect. Also this is the first time going away overnight with out my s/o (it's a girls trip something I've never got to do before, and considering my age sad. LOL). So this really does mean a lot to me. This hotel is where my cousin and her friends are staying, or I would have just picked a cheaper hotel, before I get why not somewhere cheaper. Originally I was suppose to be splitting the room with my cousin, but long story short, more people are coming, people I dont know, and so I feel more comfortable having a room to myself, just in case, rather than rooming with people I dont know. Esp with my medical conditions. Lastly, so you know where I'm coming from, the total for the hotel for both days is $710, we just recently renewed 2 APs for the exact same price. So I wanted to go and do it sooo bad, but at the same this is it really worth spending the cost of 2 APs for a room for 2 nights. Anyway, So here are my questions:
1. Does the price ever drop closer to the trip? or are the better rates the earlier you book?
2. Does that price seem kind of high? I always hear how it's such a great value and hear 175 or 200 even thrown out a lot is that right?
3. Is there anything else other than my AP discount I could try/do to make it cheaper? can you combine discounts? If I could get it for 200 with taxes and fees I would be the happiest person on the planet. LOL
4. Is there any advice or tips you could give me you think would be helpful?

Thank-you!!

We just returned from the Swan, and another advantage over the Dolphin in addition to the larger beds is having 2 full sink/vanity areas. One is inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower and the other is right outside the bathroom door. That's a game changer esp with multiple females trying to get ready at the same time!

Backstory: I have a room booked for Dec 3rd - Dec 4th. I believe the rate was 350 plus fees and taxes thats with my AP discount. However, now, some plans have changed and it would be a lot easier on me to stay Dec 2nd too. The rate right now is $250 plus taxes fees. I don't know if I could cover that much on a hotel stay, it's pretty steep for me. However, I got approval for the first time in years to have a drink, and since Ill be staying so close to Epcot it really works out perfect. Also this is the first time going away overnight with out my s/o (it's a girls trip something I've never got to do before, and considering my age sad. LOL). So this really does mean a lot to me. This hotel is where my cousin and her friends are staying, or I would have just picked a cheaper hotel, before I get why not somewhere cheaper. Originally I was suppose to be splitting the room with my cousin, but long story short, more people are coming, people I dont know, and so I feel more comfortable having a room to myself, just in case, rather than rooming with people I dont know. Esp with my medical conditions. Lastly, so you know where I'm coming from, the total for the hotel for both days is $710, we just recently renewed 2 APs for the exact same price. So I wanted to go and do it sooo bad, but at the same this is it really worth spending the cost of 2 APs for a room for 2 nights. Anyway, So here are my questions:
1. Does the price ever drop closer to the trip? or are the better rates the earlier you book?
2. Does that price seem kind of high? I always hear how it's such a great value and hear 175 or 200 even thrown out a lot is that right?
3. Is there anything else other than my AP discount I could try/do to make it cheaper? can you combine discounts? If I could get it for 200 with taxes and fees I would be the happiest person on the planet. LOL
4. Is there any advice or tips you could give me you think would be helpful?

Thank-you!!

Marriott uses dynamic pricing for their rooms, so it goes up and down based on availability. It *could* go down from the $250 you see right now, but it also *could* go much higher.

The price doesn't seem too high, and when people mention great value, it is in relation to other deluxe resorts. You are paying moderate prices for deluxe accommodations.

You could check what Costco Travel has as their rate for the day, but if you are not a member or know someone who is, the $60 membership fee would probably negate any savings. AP rates are usually the best. You cannot combine discounts (you can't do AP and AAA, for example).

My advice is if you really want to stay there, book the room and check the rate again every day or every few days. If it drops, you can easily modify your reservation to get the better rate.

Marriott uses dynamic pricing for their rooms, so it goes up and down based on availability. It *could* go down from the $250 you see right now, but it also *could* go much higher.

The price doesn't seem too high, and when people mention great value, it is in relation to other deluxe resorts. You are paying moderate prices for deluxe accommodations.

You could check what Costco Travel has as their rate for the day, but if you are not a member or know someone who is, the $60 membership fee would probably negate any savings. AP rates are usually the best. You cannot combine discounts (you can't do AP and AAA, for example).

My advice is if you really want to stay there, book the room and check the rate again every day or every few days. If it drops, you can easily modify your reservation to get the better rate.

Also - check just the individual add on date and do a separate reservation if that rate is better combined with your existing reservation. Sometimes 2 back to back reservations are a better deal in your situation - (and they won't make you move rooms, just remind them at check in).

And yes, as Turk February says about - book and recheck - often!

@Tomizgrl13 I think you’ve gotten some great advice. As mentioned the pricing for that time of year is actually pretty good for S/D/R. Once you hit mid-Nov till early January the resort gets busy and prices go up, following the dynamic pricing. The Reserve is nearly sold out and close to $600/night. So with that said I don’t think you’re going to find a lower price at S/D/R. However, it is possible. There could be a convention at the hotel at that time and it may return rooms. Just keep checking.

I checked the AAA rates for all thee, your rates are better then AAA so I think you’ve got about the best rate you can... at this time.

The Disney properties around Crescent Lake are all showing no availability.

I see rooms over at SpringHill Suites/Flamingo Crossing for $130 night, but you’ll need to either uber back and forth or have a car, if you go to S/D/R with your car then you’ll be paying their non-guest rate $29 each in/out but it’s good for the whole day so you might not need to pay again for Disney parks at $25/day.

About the lowest on-Disney price right now is at All-Star Movies at $158, you’d have the same parking cost at S/D/R but not the Disney Parks cost just the daily Disney resort parking of $15/day.

All that said, you’ve got some choices if you want to stay off site, just be aware of the added costs. Still you could stay at SpringHill for about $160/day going to Dolphin each day to meet everyone and heading out for a day of fun.

We just returned from the Swan, and another advantage over the Dolphin in addition to the larger beds is having 2 full sink/vanity areas. One is inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower and the other is right outside the bathroom door. That's a game changer esp with multiple females trying to get ready at the same time!
That's good stuff, thank you @Lucky'sMom!

@melbelle75 in addition to the good information above:

The Dolphin has about 1500 rooms vs the Swan at about 750 rooms. The Swan is simply a much more compact resort with the Dolphin resort just 360 feet way via the covered walkway if you want to enjoy any of the additional amenities of the Dolphin.

In general the Dolphin tends to be cheaper slightly due to the number of rooms to fill. However a convention or multiple onventions or business groups may fully book one or both of the resorts at the same time. Both resorts are part of a very large Convention space.

Dave
Appreciate the insight @Dave006! I also saw on the Marriott app a separate choice for the Swan Reserve which is a few hundred fee away from the Swan and Dolphin. Any idea what the difference is? Amenities look the same? Further away from Epcot turned me off but wondering if I should rethink if it's newer/nicer

Thanks for the info @backformore! Definitely leaning towards the Swan 😁

Appreciate the insight @Dave006! I also saw on the Marriott app a separate choice for the Swan Reserve which is a few hundred fee away from the Swan and Dolphin. Any idea what the difference is? Amenities look the same? Further away from Epcot turned me off but wondering if I should rethink if it's newer/nicer
Unknowns generally. They are supposed to open 9/1.

I'll be staying at the Dolphin beginning this Friday for a week. Does anyone have any recent experience with the Dolphin busses? We'll probably walk over to the Beach/Yacht club to take their busses to MK but will likely use them for Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom.

@Tomizgrl13 I think you’ve gotten some great advice. As mentioned the pricing for that time of year is actually pretty good for S/D/R. Once you hit mid-Nov till early January the resort gets busy and prices go up, following the dynamic pricing. The Reserve is nearly sold out and close to $600/night. So with that said I don’t think you’re going to find a lower price at S/D/R. However, it is possible. There could be a convention at the hotel at that time and it may return rooms. Just keep checking.

I checked the AAA rates for all thee, your rates are better then AAA so I think you’ve got about the best rate you can... at this time.

The Disney properties around Crescent Lake are all showing no availability.

I see rooms over at SpringHill Suites/Flamingo Crossing for $130 night, but you’ll need to either uber back and forth or have a car, if you go to S/D/R with your car then you’ll be paying their non-guest rate $29 each in/out but it’s good for the whole day so you might not need to pay again for Disney parks at $25/day.

About the lowest on-Disney price right now is at All-Star Movies at $158, you’d have the same parking cost at S/D/R but not the Disney Parks cost just the daily Disney resort parking of $15/day.

All that said, you’ve got some choices if you want to stay off site, just be aware of the added costs. Still you could stay at SpringHill for about $160/day going to Dolphin each day to meet everyone and heading out for a day of fun.

Thanks for checking I appreciate it!! I wouldn't mind the 250 as much if I didn't have to also pay the resort fee (I wont be using any of those things, Ill barely be in the room. LOL), and then the parking fees will kill me. It will be 60 for 2 days, when I normally get free parking with my AP for the parks. I went ahead and booked it this morning anyway to lock in the 250 and I'm just hoping at some point I catch a price drop. LOL Also, if I didn't care about staying next to my family, I would have just went to cabana bay, where I could get a suite for 100. LOL LOL Thanks for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter