• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I am trying to 'Change A Guest' on My Disney Experience for a Walt Disney World Swan reservation. It will not let me modify my reservation to change the guest. What is the best course of action?

I recently failed to select my husband as being on our Dolphin reservation when I connected it to MDE - I actually just emailed Disney's contact us address, explained what had happened and asked them to remove a specific guest and add him, instead. It took a few days for them to get back to me, but they made the change and I didn't have to wait hours on hold. You could probably get Chat to do it, as well, but sometimes it is not available.

I recently failed to select my husband as being on our Dolphin reservation when I connected it to MDE - I actually just emailed Disney's contact us address, explained what had happened and asked them to remove a specific guest and add him, instead. It took a few days for them to get back to me, but they made the change and I didn't have to wait hours on hold. You could probably get Chat to do it, as well, but sometimes it is not available.

I will have to go down that route. I did a similar thing. A friend and myself are doing the Dopey Challenge and staying at the WDW Swan. He does not have a MDE account yet. So I have a generic account for him for now, but will need to change that to his eventual MDE account, especially for linking his passes to be considered a ‘Disney Resort’. But I cannot modify my hotel reservation in MDE to change that ‘generic guest’.

I needed to link the Swan reservation so I can start booking dining reservations

Having trouble linking my Swan res to MDE - hope I don't have to call WDW (and be on hold 3 hours...)

I booked 2 rooms at different times. Neither of which would link over. I was on hold for 2 hrs 27 minutes. They could only do one of them because the second one wasnt 72 hours old. I said, but if they didnt get to the first one in that amount of time, what makes you think they will get to the second. He tried, but he couldnt link it, so I will have to call again. Bummer

Having trouble linking my Swan res to MDE - hope I don't have to call WDW (and be on hold 3 hours...)
First question did you book with SwanDolphin or Marriott, or did you book with Disney? If you booked with SD and after 72 hours call SwanDolphin direct, 407-934-4000 between 8AM-5PM M-F and ask for In-House reservations they should be able to assist you, sometimes they need to resend info to Disney. If they can't help you then you can call Disney IT. If you booked with Disney then you do need to call Disney IT.

First question did you book with SwanDolphin or Marriott, or did you book with Disney? If you booked with SD and after 72 hours call SwanDolphin direct, 407-934-4000 between 8AM-5PM M-F and ask for In-House reservations they should be able to assist you, sometimes they need to resend info to Disney. If they can't help you then you can call Disney IT. If you booked with Disney then you do need to call Disney IT.
I had same issue years ago. Called swan in house and it was fixed . But if you booked from Marriott and then add your confirmation number in MDE app, it may comes through without any other issues but it won't do it automatically.

What's the deal with Swan and Dolphin reservations falling off MDE? I booked last week through Marriott and was able to link the next day no problem. Since then the reservation has disappeared from MDE twice and I've had to relink it. Weird.

What's the deal with Swan and Dolphin reservations falling off MDE? I booked last week through Marriott and was able to link the next day no problem. Since then the reservation has disappeared from MDE twice and I've had to relink it. Weird.
This is not a new issue, unfortunately.

It's been happening for a while, unknown as to why though. My take is that it's just Disney's less then stellar IT system at work. Pre-Covid we found out the S/D system and Disney were not linked and everything was done manually. I don't know if that is still the case or not now though.

What's the earliest someone has been able to get in the room?
Depending on what room you booked and how desperate you are it's possible to ask for any open room, but you might not like it. When I was doing some business travel I'd arrive pretty early with nothing going on and it was really hit or miss getting in early. I'd assume you won't get in very early, maybe 1ish and pack accordingly. If you can, pack your suit and flipflops and hit up the pool perhaps.

It's been happening for a while, unknown as to why though. My take is that it's just Disney's less then stellar IT system at work. Pre-Covid we found out the S/D system and Disney were not linked and everything was done manually. I don't know if that is still the case or not now though.

Depending on what room you booked and how desperate you are it's possible to ask for any open room, but you might not like it. When I was doing some business travel I'd arrive pretty early with nothing going on and it was really hit or miss getting in early. I'd assume you won't get in very early, maybe 1ish and pack accordingly. If you can, pack your suit and flipflops and hit up the pool perhaps.
That was the orginally the plan but it's going to rain Saturday with a high of 66.. maybe if I sit in the lobby and stare at them? Lol it's a brand new hotel so i guess it depends on who is checking in today and tomorrow.

@Disneyfan754321 you might have a better chance right now at SR since it's new, hard to say. But so much in that area to explore between the hotel itself and the S/D hotels and the Boardwalk. Don't let the rain stop you. We bring jackets and umbrella and keep going, never that cool so shorts work well and less to get wet ;) Have fun!!!

Booked with Marriott

I’m at the SR. Soft opening was actually yesterday. I haven’t explored the property yet. My signature suite is on floor 5. Supposedly the highest floor with suites (I let it go). The person at the desk assured me I had a view of studios. I have a nice view of the grotto pool. There’s a “slit window” in the bedroom where you can barely see the grand destino tower. I waited 15 minutes for bell services to deliver my baggage then gave up - I had to get to the expo. I took the breakfast option instead of points because I wanted to check out the restaurant. Signature suites are very nice - separate bedroom. Bath with the toilet in a separate room. The living and dining areas are separate. The dining area has a large 4 person table. 3 TVs - one in the bedroom, one in the living area and one in the dining area. One thing that really annoys me (since this is a Disney board, I’ll say annoys, not the much stronger word I want to use) is that there are exactly 2 bottles of Dasani water (swan/dolphin provide 4). That’s not the worst of it. There is a hang tag on them stating that they are complimentary and will be replenished each day and that if you would like more, you can purchase additional bottles for $3! Housekeepers over at Swan/Dolphin never minded giving me a couple extra bottles of water. This is just chintzy for the highest end of the three hotels.
EDIT: I should also add that the sofa in the living room folds out to be a bed. I’d guess a double?
SECOND EDIT: Just got back from the expo - no luggage. Annoyed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter