Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Ending our week here at Swan Reserve and first wanted to say thank you for all the tips and advice! Can’t stress enough, for park transportation from swan reserve to MK and AK, both there and back, walk over to the Boardwalk Resort. Quick walk and the drop off spots are much better than where Swan buses go. Also, beach club and boardwalk buses park next to each other at the park so we would just jump onto which ever was there and walk back to swan reserve.

if anyone has questions, happy to answer!
Sounds like you had a good time

As a Marriott Platinum (lifetime), trying to decide between Swan Reserve and the Swan (Dolphin not available on points when we are going)... I've read so many mixed reviews about the SR so wondering if we should change our reservation to the Swan, which seems to be closer (no extra walking) and has more reasonably priced breakfast restaurant for us to use the vouchers we'd receive as Platinum. On the other hand, the Swan doesn't seem to have much upgrade opportunity (we have suite night awards) and the suites at the SR have microwaves.... thoughts?

I have been reading reports on these boards of people staying at the Swan or Dolphin who log into MDE to try to book their Individual Lightning Lane selections at 7:00 and find that, somehow, the system doesn't recognize their reservation anymore. I believe that this is despite the fact that the reservation still shows as linked in their plans in MDE; or, at the very least, the reservation had been there up until that moment. By the time they are able to actually talk to someone at Disney who can fix the problem, they have missed out on the opportunity to book FOP, RotR, etc. And for some people, the app crashes or gets caught in some kind of loop that stops them from even booking any Genie+ rides until most of the good ones are gone. Some people have referred to this as a "known Swan and Dolphin glitch." And I have seen suggestions that there is a way to have Disney do something in advance to make sure that it doesn't happen to you.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I really, really want to avoid that fate for my December trip!

I believe that this is despite the fact that the reservation still shows as linked in their plans in MDE; or, at the very least, the reservation had been there up until that moment.
In all the limited cases that I have seen reported the guest had not checked "recently" as in the last 48 hours. They just did not think that the reservation could get unlinked from Disney MDE. This can and does happen even for Disney reservations.

When ever you see this in the App double check with the web based version as it uses the master DB that syncs to the App view. Sometimes the App can't connect when Disney IT is fixing things overnight.
And for some people, the app crashes or gets caught in some kind of loop that stops them from even booking any Genie+ rides until most of the good ones are gone.
This happens most often on the Android version of MDE or on the iPhone version that has not been updated to the latest version. The other most frequent cause of the app hanging or appearing to loop is a connectivity issue.

Try to use a Cellular connection when ever possible vs the hotel Wi-Fi. Make sure you test your connectivity from the exact location where you will be at 7 AM before 7 AM!
And I have seen suggestions that there is a way to have Disney do something in advance to make sure that it doesn't happen to you.
No magic solution here by Disney. However you can check right at 12 AM to confirm that all is well and your information is correctly linked in MDE for the 7 AM window.

Note: It is always a good idea to force quit the MDE app 10 to 15 minutes early while you for the 7 AM window to open. This clears the app cache and allows you to have a fresh sign-in to MDE and you are all set to maximize your chances of success at 7 AM.

Dave

I just booked Dolphin for Labor Day week next year! DH and I will be celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary and leaving the kids at home. I booked through Costco because it saved a couple hundred dollars over booking tickets and room separately. Costco is currently offering a double room upgrade from a Traditional Room to a Balcony Resort View Room. I requested a king corner balcony room in hopes that we’ll get the coveted (turret) double balcony with a view of Epcot fireworks. 🤞🏻 I’ve already linked our tickets and made park reservations. I’m a long time stalker of this board and I paid heavy attention to MDE Labor Day week this year to have a good idea of which parks to visit at which times the same week next year. I’m looking forward to a wonderful week (hopefully with extra low crowds). Now I’ll be keeping a watch on the construction of Tron and Guardians rides.

I was double charged for a night at the SR.
At first she told me if was correct and I knew it wasn’t. Then she noticed the double charge.
Watch your charges everyone!
They really need to get their act together over there.

mom this note … I’m at Dolphin currently and see a pending charge of $4004 on my CC but my stay should only be $2080. Do they add extra for a hold that will drop off or should I talk to someone now during my stay?

@phoenixconfidential if you want call down and double check or drop by the front desk. I will say this isn't all that uncommon for pending charges to show up like this. Best I can gather it happens when booking from something other than the actual hotel itself, then when you check in both systems reach out to verify the CC amount. Never hurts to check, but after checking myself a few times over the years I just go along and check after my stay now.

Hi everyone! I booked CBR 2 rooms 7 nights for May 2022. There will be 5 adults and a 10 month old. For the same price, I could do the Swan. I have stayed at both resorts and like both. I have not been to the Swan since the buses are no longer Disney run. Can you help with the pro’s and con’s of choosing one over the other with the recent changes? Thanks

Hi everyone! I booked CBR 2 rooms 7 nights for May 2022. There will be 5 adults and a 10 month old. For the same price, I could do the Swan. I have stayed at both resorts and like both. I have not been to the Swan since the buses are no longer Disney run. Can you help with the pro’s and con’s of choosing one over the other with the recent changes? Thanks
CBR is BIG and while it has the skyliner it is usally packed in the am to get to the parks. When at the swan u can just walk or boat. for the same cost it would be a no brainer for me.

I think you’re talking about park buses versus Magical Express, but I’ll mention just in case…..if you are needing transportation from the airport to the hotel, FLTours (recommended by the DIS/wdwinfo) was fantastic when we used them this week. I priced all the car services endorsed by all the fan sites, but they were still the cheapest (shoulda known the DIS crew was getting us the best deal). They only have Suburbans and limos, and the truck was spotless inside and out. Right on time, great communication, and great service. We felt spoiled. Driver was so, SO nice. I can’t say enough great things about them.

I've stayed at the Dolphin a couple of times since the busses changed and I would not let that deter me from staying there again. I had no issues with the bus to Animal Kingdom. The drop off is in the parking lot right next to the handicapped parking area. There's a sidewalk right there and as for distance, it's really not that much more of a walk, if at all.
The bus to Magic Kingdom drops you at TTC, so if you don't want to deal with that, you can just walk over to Boardwalk and take their bus to MK.

I have never stayed at CBR but I do like the Swan. And keep in mind Swan is counted as a deluxe resort so if using the extra evening hours at Epcot and Magic Kingdom appeal to you then staying at Swan makes sense. Plus the water taxi to 2 theme parks is really convenient.

I know I've left all kinds of info/updates etc on the Swan Reserve so I don't want it to be overkill but I thought I would come on one last time to give my final thoughts on the resort. After really thinking thru everything and keeping what I think is a pretty open mind, I don't think we will ever be staying again. Or at least anytime soon. We would need to have a KILLER deal for it to happen again. The biggest turn off for us was how much noise we heard. If there is a way you can guarantee not to get a room with one of those adjoining room doors then it moves it up a notch. It wasnt so much the crack at the bottom (we tried the towel trick) as my husband said they skimped in the wrong places, one being the thickness of the main and adjoining room doors.

Don't get me wrong, it has huge potential and I realize all hotels have there pros and cons. Bottom line is I think they rushed construction. The maintenance guy let me know when we had our ceiling problem (ugh) that "yours is at least a quick fix, some rooms the entire ceiling vibrates and rattles". Uhhhhhh. He said they built the ceiling too close to the HVAC pipes/unit (not sure on the term) so the ceilings are making noise. Now I'm sure there are rooms that are 100% fine for sure, but if you happen to be one of the rooms that has the problem.....yowza.

If the JW Marraiott Bonnet Creek ever joined the early morning access, we would be all over staying there. I'm more then happy to answer any question, feel free to message me! With all of the above and the crazy crowds, we still had a great time!

**Also wanted to add a recommendation for Tony Hinds for a pick up/drop off from airport to hotel. I got his recommendation from the Transportation board and just wanted to add it here to the guy was amazing! On time, (4:30am pick up from the Reserve!). Just a sweet man that has been a professional driver for 20+ years. Go to Transportation board if you want more info on him.

I know I've left all kinds of info/updates etc on the Swan Reserve so I don't want it to be overkill but I thought I would come on one last time to give my final thoughts on the resort. After really thinking thru everything and keeping what I think is a pretty open mind, I don't think we will ever be staying again. Or at least anytime soon. We would need to have a KILLER deal for it to happen again. The biggest turn off for us was how much noise we heard. If there is a way you can guarantee not to get a room with one of those adjoining room doors then it moves it up a notch. It wasnt so much the crack at the bottom (we tried the towel trick) as my husband said they skimped in the wrong places, one being the thickness of the main and adjoining room doors.

Don't get me wrong, it has huge potential and I realize all hotels have there pros and cons. Bottom line is I think they rushed construction. The maintenance guy let me know when we had our ceiling problem (ugh) that "yours is at least a quick fix, some rooms the entire ceiling vibrates and rattles". Uhhhhhh. He said they built the ceiling too close to the HVAC pipes/unit (not sure on the term) so the ceilings are making noise. Now I'm sure there are rooms that are 100% fine for sure, but if you happen to be one of the rooms that has the problem.....yowza.

If the JW Marraiott Bonnet Creek ever joined the early morning access, we would be all over staying there. I'm more then happy to answer any question, feel free to message me! With all of the above and the crazy crowds, we still had a great time!

**Also wanted to add a recommendation for Tony Hinds for a pick up/drop off from airport to hotel. I got his recommendation from the Transportation board and just wanted to add it here to the guy was amazing! On time, (4:30am pick up from the Reserve!). Just a sweet man that has been a professional driver for 20+ years. Go to Transportation board if you want more info on him.
Thanks for the additional review.

Would you stay at either the Swan or Dolphin?

Did they follow through with the comp night? I really am kicking myself on booking SR I am eagle eye on the prices for swan/dolphin till my trip to get a better price than they are now.

Did they follow through with the comp night? I really am kicking myself on booking SR I am eagle eye on the prices for swan/dolphin till my trip to get a better price than they are now.
I went and checked on my room charges the night before check out and indeed the comped night was taken care of. So luckily the Hulk in me didnt have to show.....when is your stay again?

I think you’re talking about park buses versus Magical Express, but I’ll mention just in case…..if you are needing transportation from the airport to the hotel, FLTours (recommended by the DIS/wdwinfo) was fantastic when we used them this week. I priced all the car services endorsed by all the fan sites, but they were still the cheapest (shoulda known the DIS crew was getting us the best deal). They only have Suburbans and limos, and the truck was spotless inside and out. Right on time, great communication, and great service. We felt spoiled. Driver was so, SO nice. I can’t say enough great things about them.
Sorry, I was referring to the fact that the Swan is not sharing WDW park buses anymore.

Just back from SR. I have SR booked for spring break and am strongly considering switching to CBR. From my perspective, you can’t beat CBR’s skyliner access. In comparing it to boat access, I’ve never waited for skyliner access (except maybe at park close), while there will always be some type of wait for boat.

Loved SR, but ultimately the non-Disney transportation really has me questioning it. It’s a huge hassle to AK and MK and that will likely be half your trip.

If paying cash, I would stick with CBR. As I booked SR with points, I am still debating it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter