Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are frequent flyers at WDW but generally always stay on our DVC. Making an extra trip for a dance comp this coming year, and have decided to check out S & D as we have stayed at YC before and loved the proximity to EP & HS. Tried to call through Disney booking lines earlier and it was over an hour wait. Hopped on to book directly through Marriott site, and it looked to be easy easy. Is there any loss of benefit or “connection” to the reservation if you will, if I bypass Disney and book it direct?

No loss of benefit booking through Marriott at all, just make sure you link your reservation number in MDE after you book and check it when you get on-site to make sure it stays linked properly. Enjoy your visit!

We are frequent flyers at WDW but generally always stay on our DVC. Making an extra trip for a dance comp this coming year, and have decided to check out S & D as we have stayed at YC before and loved the proximity to EP & HS. Tried to call through Disney booking lines earlier and it was over an hour wait. Hopped on to book directly through Marriott site, and it looked to be easy easy. Is there any loss of benefit or “connection” to the reservation if you will, if I bypass Disney and book it direct?
Disney only sells packsges for the Swan and Dolphin and does not offer discounted room rates. Definitely book either on Marriott’s site or call the Swan/Dolphin in-house reservations dept. at 888-828-8850, during normal daytime business hours. Be sure to check promotional rates, for available savings

Special offers for discounted room rates

Looking to help a friend link her Dolphin stay which she booked through booking.com Anything specific I need to know about her confirmation number? Thanks!

Looking to help a friend link her Dolphin stay which she booked through booking.com Anything specific I need to know about her confirmation number? Thanks!

That likely the confirmation number from Booking isn't what she needs to link via MDE. She may need to contact Booking.com to get the "true" Dolphin confirmation number. I've had to do that in the past when booking through Expedia or Priceline.

And I agree about not booking through Disney... at least not without shopping around.

Last edited:

I booked through Costco but texted Swan/Dolphin directly to get a confirmation number for My Disney Experience. Download the SwanAndDolphin app, choose I Am On Property, then Text Us. I listed my hotel reservation number, dates of stay, and name on the reservation and requested an MDE compatible reservation number. They responded within a few hours.

Can you currently refuse room service at the Swan? We don't see anything on the website to be able to do so.

@720L I can't see why not, they may still opt for a room check though. If you don't yet have the SDR Mobile App I would suggest downloading it, then if you want you can click on the I'm On Property option, then on Text Us! then you can shoot them a text to ask them directly.

Can you currently refuse room service at the Swan? We don't see anything on the website to be able to do so.

We just left out do not disturb tag out on the door... would swap towels if we saw house keeping in the hall. And left garbage bags we brought in the hall when leaving the room.

They didnt come by enough for me to leave a bag outside... I dislike it when trash just sits outside rooms.
Ditto for us, although they did service our room every three days. That was more than we were expecting.

Hello 👋 . Are the sofabeds in the bigger rooms at the Dolphin comfortable? What about the rollaway beds? Thanks!

I understand there is STILL a (widely known) glitch with the 60-day ADR when booked at the Reserve. Is there any way to be proactive with this? Is there anything that a Disney CM can do in advance to get around this 60-day ADR glitch? Or can we only be reactive, knowing I’ll have to call that morning when in only able to reserve for our first day? I suppose a complete work around is to reserve an “on site Disney” resort and then cancel it after making ADRs. (That’s a lot of extra work.) I asked in the chat feature in the app and the CM basically assured me that all looks fine and if I have an issue to call Disney dining.

I understand there is STILL a (widely known) glitch with the 60-day ADR when booked at the Reserve. Is there any way to be proactive with this? Is there anything that a Disney CM can do in advance to get around this 60-day ADR glitch? Or can we only be reactive, knowing I’ll have to call that morning when in only able to reserve for our first day? I suppose a complete work around is to reserve an “on site Disney” resort and then cancel it after making ADRs. (That’s a lot of extra work.) I asked in the chat feature in the app and the CM basically assured me that all looks fine and if I have an issue to call Disney dining.

Unless something changed recently, none of the Marriott properties get 60+10 ADR privileges.

Disney only sells packsges for the Swan and Dolphin and does not offer discounted room rates. Definitely book either on Marriott’s site or call the Swan/Dolphin in-house reservations dept. at 888-828-8850, during normal daytime business hours. Be sure to check promotional rates, for available savings

Special offers for discounted room rates

Thank you guys, appreciate the input. Have been busy with prepping for Christmas, but plan to get booked today. Merry Christmas all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter