Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi S/D folks! I currently have 2 reservations for April, and need to cancel one of them. One is for BC, and the second is for the Swan at a savings of around $1500. We would prefer to save the cash and go with the Swan, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Are S/D folks still having an issue with individual lightning lane attractions?
2. Do the S/D have their own version of refillable mugs?

Thanks in advance.

Hi- I also have a question. I have a reservation for the Swan and the Swan Reserve for April- both fully cancellable.
I'm going to cancel the Swan and keep the Swan Reserve (much cheaper...) but I was thinking that as there seem to be problems booking ADRs 60days out for the whole Swan Reserve stay I should link my Swan booking to MDE until my ADR booking window passes and then cancel it after that and link my Reserve booking. Am I right in thinking the booking window seems to work OK with the Swan? Also- do I need to have park reservations in the relevant parks before it lets me book ADRs? I have made reservations but may change them s=depending on what ADRs I can get (if any)...
Will Disney then cancel any ADRs I may have managed to book or can I just change my linked resort with no issue?
Hope that makes sense!?

Hi S/D folks! I currently have 2 reservations for April, and need to cancel one of them. One is for BC, and the second is for the Swan at a savings of around $1500. We would prefer to save the cash and go with the Swan, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Are S/D folks still having an issue with individual lightning lane attractions?
2. Do the S/D have their own version of refillable mugs?

Thanks in advance.
I can sort take #2. In the past they did have refillable mug. I have to say though, that I am not sure of at the moment. Someone will come by here or a call to the S/D during the day will get your answer.

Hi- I also have a question. I have a reservation for the Swan and the Swan Reserve for April- both fully cancellable.
I'm going to cancel the Swan and keep the Swan Reserve (much cheaper...) but I was thinking that as there seem to be problems booking ADRs 60days out for the whole Swan Reserve stay I should link my Swan booking to MDE until my ADR booking window passes and then cancel it after that and link my Reserve booking. Am I right in thinking the booking window seems to work OK with the Swan? Also- do I need to have park reservations in the relevant parks before it lets me book ADRs? I have made reservations but may change them s=depending on what ADRs I can get (if any)...
Will Disney then cancel any ADRs I may have managed to book or can I just change my linked resort with no issue?
Hope that makes sense!?
I would definitely link the Swan reservation and book ADRs under that. When you’ve reached 60 days from your last ADR day, cancel Swan and link the SR reservation. You won’t lose any of your reservations like that. Park reservations or lack of shouldn’t factor into booking ADRs. Many people book their ADRs and then make their park reservations and plan their days around what ADRs they can even get.

Sorry I cant find a search function to limit this thread but does anyone know what the cancellation policy is for Swan and Dolphin if you book it through Disney? I saw if you book direct with Swan or Dolphin it says 1 day after booking to get the best price. But it seems the price carries over to Disneys website but I didnt know if the the same policy applies.

@KAYLI'S DAD I am pretty sure that if you book through Disney the Disney cancellation polices apply the same to S/D as would other Disney hotels. I hope this link helps; https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/cancelation-policy-disney-resort-reservations-456386/
That was what I found as well. The difference is, the number of rooms Disney sells is much less then from Marriott directly. Disney shows my dates sold out, while I can book directly on the app.
Also non-refundable rates from Marriott are always cheaper then the refundable ones.

@Bree thanks I think that's a change, though that's the Sheraton brand, while the Westin is/was White Tea. I wonder if it's a supply issue or a change.

We've stayed at the S&D in the past but it's been a while. I made a reservation yesterday afternoon and still am unable to link to MDE. Is that normal? It seems like before there were two reservation numbers and the one that would come in the email was for MDE. Could be remembering incorrectly? Anyway, I only see one confirmation # and it doesn't seem to want to work yet. Something up or I need to be patient lol?
I had that problem, After a week I still couldn’t link so I cancelled it an rebooked. The new one linked immediately. I wasn’t charged a deposit for either one. I booked through Marriott.

I got back yesterday from a fantastic week long stay at the Swan. The toiletries were different. Usually it’s White Tea??? I didn’t use the shampoo or conditioner so no idea on scent or quality.
Oh no! I love the White Tea smell. I'm pretty sure it's the same smell that pervades the Swan lobby. Just one whiff makes me feel so happy! I would hate to see them change it.

@Bree thanks I think that's a change, though that's the Sheraton brand, while the Westin is/was White Tea. I wonder if it's a supply issue or a change.
I’ll bet you’re right that it’s a supply issue. When we were there in Nov/Dec it was White Tea with the leaf-shaped soap.

I had that problem, After a week I still couldn’t link so I cancelled it an rebooked. The new one linked immediately. I wasn’t charged a deposit for either one. I booked through Marriott.

Thanks, maybe I should just do that. It still hasn't linked (from Sunday). I called into Disney yesterday and they were going to open a ticket on it. I would normally worry about it, but it was a last minute trip for next month (actually a little less than a month now). Anyway, I figured I needed to make park reservations.

Thanks, maybe I should just do that. It still hasn't linked (from Sunday). I called into Disney yesterday and they were going to open a ticket on it. I would normally worry about it, but it was a last minute trip for next month (actually a little less than a month now). Anyway, I figured I needed to make park reservations.
You can still make park reservations if you have tickets. Is there any advantage these days to having your resort linked?

You can still make park reservations if you have tickets. Is there any advantage these days to having your resort linked?
ADRS at 60+10 or length of stay require a linked reservation and I believe early/extra theme park hours too.

Well from what I understand the "pool" for reservation availability is different for resort guests, vs day guest vs AP. We have APs so I may just go ahead and make the park reservations. I just wasn't sure if that would mess up anything with early morning entry or the late hours.

Well from what I understand the "pool" for reservation availability is different for resort guests, vs day guest vs AP. We have APs so I may just go ahead and make the park reservations. I just wasn't sure if that would mess up anything with early morning entry or the late hours.
Were you charged a deposit? If not it might be worth canceling and rebooking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter