Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Silly question -- how do you get to the bus area at BW from the Swan? Do you walk through the lobby of the hotel? TIA!

thank you! for some reason it didn't come up when I searched posts :) still hard to tell if there is a freezer section up top though. I just want to keep an ice pack cold for bringing to the parks
I would say no. In that picture, there are water bottles on the top shelf. The top shelf has a wire bottom, not separate or isolated like a freezer compartment. If it was a freezer, it would be more isolated from the rest of the fridge. Just my thought.

I would say no. In that picture, there are water bottles on the top shelf. The top shelf has a wire bottom, not separate or isolated like a freezer compartment. If it was a freezer, it would be more isolated from the rest of the fridge. Just my thought.
I agree. I was just there and my little fridge did not have an ice/freezer area.

thank you! for some reason it didn't come up when I searched posts :) still hard to tell if there is a freezer section up top though. I just want to keep an ice pack cold for bringing to the parks
No, there is not. The "refrigerators" are more like wine/beverage coolers.
(Although, in my experience, they can be cranked down really cold. Last trip, it froze all my beverages the first night and I had to find the temp control and adjust it. {Which was on top of the unit.})

Were you speaking to in-house reservations? I had to cancel due to lockdowns, but in the past I had booked one room on points & had in-house reservations connect the room to an alcove room for an additional fee. I believe at the time it was an extra $250/night taxes in. The benefit was not only the guaranteed connection — but I would only be charged one room service fee charge per day instead of 2. Of course, that’s only if there are alcove rooms available for your dates.

They should be able to give you those options with in-house reservations. I don’t think they can connect 2 rooms both on points though.
I think so? Both times the intro menu when I call the S/D number has been specific to the S/D, but the lady I spoke with today seemed excited that I was looking to book at hotel at Disney World, so that seemed really odd for in-house reservations. I got the same story again about there not being a way to confirm connecting rooms, and she didn't see a way to upgrade my points reservation to a larger room. I guess I should be happy that we have the one room free on points, but it is a bummer we can't get a connecting room.

Hello all! Jeff here.
Well I just pulled the trigger on a 6 night stay at the Swan from May 6 through May 13 through Costco Travel. Whole family going this time. Me, DW, DS 29, and DD 19. Never stayed at the Swan before. Always were at Disney Moderates usually Coronado Springs. Last trip to WDW was May 2017 which happened to be the opening of Pandora at Animal Kingdom (not planned). Family has been traveling to Disney since DS was 8 years old. Went with my family since 1976. Tried to go for DD High school graduation (Class of 2020) and several other times in the last two years to go but with COVID it never happened. Haven't posted on the board for a while but check in everyday. Looking forward to planning a great trip. Cheers!!!!!!!

Hello all! Jeff here.
Well I just pulled the trigger on a 6 night stay at the Swan from May 6 through May 13 through Costco Travel. Whole family going this time. Me, DW, DS 29, and DD 19. Never stayed at the Swan before. Always were at Disney Moderates usually Coronado Springs. Last trip to WDW was May 2017 which happened to be the opening of Pandora at Animal Kingdom (not planned). Family has been traveling to Disney since DS was 8 years old. Went with my family since 1976. Tried to go for DD High school graduation (Class of 2020) and several other times in the last two years to go but with COVID it never happened. Haven't posted on the board for a while but check in everyday. Looking forward to planning a great trip. Cheers!!!!!!!
Welcome aboard, Jeff!! Enjoy the planning. Hopefully we all can be of help to you and your family.

Hi everyone, we’re thinking of trying to squeeze in a last minute summer trip to either the swan or dolphin.. looks like there’s a 500 dollar difference between balcony rooms in s and d. Do you think the dolphin will work? We like the pool better there better anyway..

Hi everyone, we’re thinking of trying to squeeze in a last minute summer trip to either the swan or dolphin.. looks like there’s a 500 dollar difference between balcony rooms in s and d. Do you think the dolphin will work? We like the pool better there better anyway..
I presume $500 less at the Dolphin? If you don't mind not having the several advantages of the Swan, then the Dolphin would be it. Keep in mind that all the pools are for the whole complex, Swan, Dolphin, Reserve.

We’ve stayed at both and prefer the swan.. what advantages were you talking about though? Im just curious if there the same as ours. I just meant the dolphin pool woukd be closer if we stayed at the dolphin. Honestly I’m not thrilled. We were originally staying BWI club level July 4th week but ended up canceling and going in a different direction. But I can’t not go to my Disney 😉.

I think so? Both times the intro menu when I call the S/D number has been specific to the S/D, but the lady I spoke with today seemed excited that I was looking to book at hotel at Disney World, so that seemed really odd for in-house reservations. I got the same story again about there not being a way to confirm connecting rooms, and she didn't see a way to upgrade my points reservation to a larger room. I guess I should be happy that we have the one room free on points, but it is a bummer we can't get a connecting room.

Just like Disney, if you select the ”book a room” choice, you get redirected to a call centre. I choose the front desk, and speak to a real person. I ask for in-house reservations. You should be transferred to a real person but if no one answers, it’s redirected to call centre again. I always ask if it’s in-house when I get someone. That back room handles special room bookings, conferences, etc. Definitely worth another call to confirm your options.

Its best to try during regular “office hours”.

This is so helpful -- thank you for posting! One question -- was there a freezer section at the top of the fridge where I could fit an ice pack?

There is NO Freezer section. These are just basic fridges. Though it won't freeze blue ice, the white part towards the back that is built into the fridge (not a wire shelf) is extra cold. It froze some cream I had a couple of trips ago.

what advantages were you talking about though
I would say the queen beds vs double, double vanities at the Swan. A few at the Dolphin have double vanities. Smaller, more intimate hotel. And if you are in the east end of the Dolphin, it's a hike to the pool area. But yes, you would be closer to the Dolphin lap pool.

I presume $500 less at the Dolphin? If you don't mind not having the several advantages of the Swan, then the Dolphin would be it. Keep in mind that all the pools are for the whole complex, Swan, Dolphin, Reserve.
I don't know...was pricing something out a stay for a relative...another time than ours...and the RESERVE was cheaper than the Swan. Was weird.

Hi Everyone, When will I be able to make a reservation at the Swan for the beginning of Dec 2022? I saw another member said he made one at the Swan Reserve for Dec 2022, but I can't message him to ask how he did it because I'm new on the boards. I'd like to make a reservation for a package at the Swan before ticket prices go up. Thanks for the help.

Question--for those who have booked two rooms at Dolphin, how easy was it to get connecting rooms? Are there a ton of those rooms, such that the request is usually/easily offered, or is this a difficult thing to actually get? Thanks!

Hi Everyone, When will I be able to make a reservation at the Swan for the beginning of Dec 2022? I saw another member said he made one at the Swan Reserve for Dec 2022, but I can't message him to ask how he did it because I'm new on the boards. I'd like to make a reservation for a package at the Swan before ticket prices go up. Thanks for the help.

Isn't the Swan already available for the rest of this year? We book Marriott hotels something like 50 weeks in advance. I see packages on the Disney website and other sites that are available now. Though the Disney website probably includes the ticket price increase already. Are you sure you can't get a better deal booking hotel and tickets separately?

If I book a package including tickets at the Dolphin through Disney do I have to physically check in before 7:00 am to have access to the tickets and use genie+ and ILLs at 7:00?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter