Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@jlundeen
Hope they can fix that for you. I almost did the same thing last night..twice..not sure if it was late night tiredness or just website glitching back to non refundable.

We are doing a split stay in May. Starting at Saratoga Springs and moving to Swan. Will Disney transfer our luggage? Or will we need to take an Uber and do it ourselves? This is our first time staying at Swan. Super excited, it looks beautiful!

Hi all! We just got home from 3 nights at SR and 6 nights at the Dolphin. We had a great time!! Happy to answer questions!

To add answers to a few recent questions…

We had “to go” breakfast one day from Ale and Compass that was phenomenal!

also, once we checked into the Dolphin, I used the app messaging to request an Epcot view (we booked a balcony). They said no guarantees, but we received a great view of Epcot, including fireworks!

If you don’t mind me asking are they going to charge you for this Service? We are going in May and this will be our first time staying at the the Dolphin. We love this area we have always stayed at either the Yacht or Beach. But like everybody else refuse to pay $$$$$!! Please report back about your stay and have a great time!!
They’ve done housekeeping for me the last two days at Dolphin. Yesterday it was making the bed and replacing the bottled water. Today I can tell they cleaned the bathroom and left a bunch more bathroom products as well. Maybe the tip I left out had them go a little extra. Otherwise, I’m in a standard no view double that I paid with an AP discount. No extra money paid here.

Took the bus from Dolphin to AK this morning. Early extra started at 7:30am. The bus was there just past 6:30 am. 4 people on the bus. We swung through the Reserve. No one was there. Was at AK by 6:45 am. The AK bus is definitely closer to the front than some of the Disney resort bus drop offs. I will also say that the S&D bus stop at AK has shaded benches, unlike the other Disney bus areas.

We are doing a split stay in May. Starting at Saratoga Springs and moving to Swan. Will Disney transfer our luggage? Or will we need to take an Uber and do it ourselves? This is our first time staying at Swan. Super excited, it looks beautiful!
It's been a bit hit or miss coming from Disney to Swan Dolphin (more hits that I've read about), this poster had luck from All-Stars, but another poster at AKL had issues. Issue seemed it was on Disney for not moving, so before you drop and go make sure they will do it if not grab an Uber and move them yourself so you don't get stuck playing find the bags. Have a blast on your trip!

I would almost think that a significant fire/emergency escape violation, at least that it would readily open out. Maybe not in, but not out seems dangerous.
Yes and no, sometimes some doors are maglocked unless a fire alarm goes off then they are released to freely open. This is done for building security, so you don't have unknown people getting inside without being seen.

Yes and no, sometimes some doors are maglocked unless a fire alarm goes off then they are released to freely open. This is done for building security, so you don't have unknown people getting inside without being seen.
As a followup...I asked the question to a friend who is a frequent Dolphin guest, and she said she thought she remembered it as a door with no outside doorknob.... like it could only be opened from the inside - so maybe for deliveries only, but can be opened from the inside in case of emergency...

Considering staying at the Dolphin this summer for our family vacation. We’ve stayed there before for a pre cruise stay but never for 7+days.

Concerned hearing all the trouble with linking and dropping MDE. We like the location and that they participate in extended evening magic hours but I’m hesitant with the MDE problems.

Wondering if we should just settle for PO-FQ? I just feel safer staying with a Disney property. Although, I love that walk to Epcot!

Considering staying at the Dolphin this summer for our family vacation. We’ve stayed there before for a pre cruise stay but never for 7+days.

Concerned hearing all the trouble with linking and dropping MDE. We like the location and that they participate in extended evening magic hours but I’m hesitant with the MDE problems.

Wondering if we should just settle for PO-FQ? I just feel safer staying with a Disney property. Although, I love that walk to Epcot!

I cancelled Port Orleans in favor of Swolphin for next week. I stayed Swan Reserve and did not have any issues with the reservation dropping off MDE. It did drop off one time prior to the trip, but I added it back in and it stayed and I had zero issues with Genie or early park entry (or deluxe evening hours). I think the people that have the most issues don't include the right number of people in the original reservation, so then it doesn't transfer over to MDE correctly. I would stick with the location and Deluxe benefits (at the same cost) vs. a Disney moderate!

Stayed in PO-RS and it probably was one of the worse hotels we stood at on Disney property. Walls are paper thin, uncomfortable beds rooms are so spread out it does take a bit to get from one point to another. It however has a nice setting.

It's been a bit hit or miss coming from Disney to Swan Dolphin (more hits that I've read about), this poster had luck from All-Stars, but another poster at AKL had issues. Issue seemed it was on Disney for not moving, so before you drop and go make sure they will do it if not grab an Uber and move them yourself so you don't get stuck playing find the bags. Have a blast on your trip!

Thank you!!

I cancelled Port Orleans in favor of Swolphin for next week. I stayed Swan Reserve and did not have any issues with the reservation dropping off MDE. It did drop off one time prior to the trip, but I added it back in and it stayed and I had zero issues with Genie or early park entry (or deluxe evening hours). I think the people that have the most issues don't include the right number of people in the original reservation, so then it doesn't transfer over to MDE correctly. I would stick with the location and Deluxe benefits (at the same cost) vs. a Disney moderate!

My theory is that whenever there is a change in the status or details of your reservation, e.g. - add a day, add a person, make a payment, etc., it will fall off MDE. Very easy to re-link when you have the number handy. That’s been my experience, anyway.

for us, it dropped once - we relinked and no issues from then on. No big deal at all!

For us, the ability to walk to Epcot, DHS, and board far outweighed having to link the account one time.

for us, it dropped once - we relinked and no issues from then on. No big deal at all!

For us, the ability to walk to Epcot, DHS, and board far outweighed having to link the account one time.

Exactly. Re-linking is super easy. Just wake up 5 minutes earlier than normal prior to making your Genie selections just in case!

We are staying at the Swan for one night (flying in Fri night at 10) and checking out Sat. morning to transfer to the Poly. I want to use early entrance at Epcot, and probably use Genie + and ILL$ as well, on the day we transfer. Should I try linking my reservation on MDE? Is it even necessary?

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Is the only issue matching the room party to your MDE party? We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids or 4 Disney adults as the kids are over 12). My one son will be turning 18 during the trip, will this effect anything?

We usually use the digital key but like to request one key card “just in case”. Do we need 4 key cards for extended evening hours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter