Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Stayed in PO-RS and it probably was one of the worse hotels we stood at on Disney property. Walls are paper thin, uncomfortable beds rooms are so spread out it does take a bit to get from one point to another. It however has a nice setting.

We HATED PO-RS. Once was enough. The internal bus was a nightmare. PO-FQ is much smaller with one bus stop. DH likes the boat to DS but after staying YC last summer we all want to return to the Epcot area again. We really like dining at the food festival nightly. The rates this summer are ridiculous! $749 a night in July for YC. So Dolphin it is😀

I just booked the dolphin (we are switching from the Hilton Signia bonnet creek) in order to take advantage of the perks of extra hours and location. This will be a first time at Dolphin for my family. I had mixed feelings about things I have read about the cleanliness of the rooms at dolphin. What was your stay like? We booked a standard 2 double no view room for 5 nights. Beds comfortable? Pool area? Any comments would love to hear from a recent returnee. We are going the last week in May.

Hi all! We just got home from 3 nights at SR and 6 nights at the Dolphin. We had a great time!! Happy to answer questions!

To add answers to a few recent questions…

We had “to go” breakfast one day from Ale and Compass that was phenomenal!

also, once we checked into the Dolphin, I used the app messaging to request an Epcot view (we booked a balcony). They said no guarantees, but we received a great view of Epcot, including fireworks!

View attachment 650792

I just booked the dolphin (we are switching from the Hilton Signia bonnet creek) in order to take advantage of the perks of extra hours and location. This will be a first time at Dolphin for my family. I had mixed feelings about things I have read about the cleanliness of the rooms at dolphin. What was your stay like? We booked a standard 2 double no view room for 5 nights. Beds comfortable? Pool area? Any comments would love to hear from a recent returnee. We are going the last week in May.
Stayed oct 2021 in a one bedroom thing. No door on the bedroom but had a living area /table pull out couch. The extra sink we had was filthy . It had white goo or something stuck to the drain. I tried to clean it than reminded me of a condom and just left it alone and forgot it was there and used the other sink.

Also with us using the pull out couch we needed more pillows. Took almost 8 hours to get 1 pillow after talking to multiple people. Was rather crazy.

On a plus side we enjoyed the room for our 2 nights. Bed was comfy foam pillows were great and the walk was so nice to both Epcot and hs.

This trip we are trying swan reserve. Idk if I would do dolphin again. The price would have to be great.

I have stayed multiple times in the last 9 months - May 2021, August 2021, October 2021, January 2022 - and each time my room was clean (and on my October trip I had 2 rooms because I was offered a move for an upgrade.

While some of the rooms showed some aging it wasn't "gross". I did have a problem with the shower draining on my last trip, I messaged via the app about the problem and it was fixed by the time I got back to my room that afternoon.

I have stayed multiple times in the last 9 months - May 2021, August 2021, October 2021, January 2022 - and each time my room was clean (and on my October trip I had 2 rooms because I was offered a move for an upgrade.

While some of the rooms showed some aging it wasn't "gross". I did have a problem with the shower draining on my last trip, I messaged via the app about the problem and it was fixed by the time I got back to my room that afternoon.
Have all the rooms been updated ? We booked just a standard 2 double no view. Have you stayed in that type recently? I wanted to book the larger room with sofa bed but when I finally pulled the trigger they were out of them for my stay.
but it’s nice to hear you have gone so much and obviously keep returning!!

Last edited:
Have all the rooms been updated ? We booked just a standard 2 double no view. Have you stayed in that type recently? I wanted to book the larger room with sofa bed but when I finally pulled the trigger they were out of them for my stay.
but it’s nice to hear you have gone so much and obviously keep returning!!

My stay in August 2021 was in that type of room. I don't think it was updated - I just noted a little wear and tear around the vanity.

If you can, keep checking back. While I love the larger King room with sofa bed - look for a Double Double Alcove Room - which would give you more space, 2 real beds, plus the sofa area.

@goofygal531 if the 17yo checks in before they turn 18 really don't see a problem, technically at 18 they are an adult and could trigger the extra person charge of $25, but they would have to ask/know the child's birth date so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

While I’m not a recent returnee, and I most recently stayed at the Swan this past July, I have never had an issue with room cleanliness at the Swan or Dolphin. They are very nice resorts in my opinion. My family loves the pool area at the feature pool, which is most conveniently accessed from the Dolphin (it’s a bit of a walk from the Swan). You get the location which can’t be beat. However, it does feel a bit more like a hotel than a Disney resort. I’m a DVC member, so I have gotten accustomed to things like the kitchenette and the balcony off each room. Personally, I love the Swan and Dolphin. Looking forward to my first Swan Reserve stay this summer.

What coffee makers are in rooms at Swan? I need my morning coffee
This is older post but it's still good information for Swan & Dolphin rooms, the Swan Reserve has the newer Keurig coffee makers. Plus both Swan (Grounds) & Dolphin (Fuel) have coffee.

Does anyone know if the Quick Service dine card purchased with a S&D package can be used at Baseline Tap House? It's categorized as a lounge which isn't specified in the list below but I wasn't sure if it was included in the "and more". This is the official description:
The Disney Quick-Service Dining Card can only be redeemed at select Quick-Service restaurants including counter service, fast casual, food trucks, food carts, kiosks and more at Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, Walt Disney World Resort hotels, water parks and Disney Springs Area.

We just booked a very (!) last-minute trip to WDW over Spring Break, staying at the Dolphin 3/16-3/19. I was told today by a CM that I won't be able to book ILL at 7 am on our arrival day because that feature is not available at these hotels until you physically check in in person. She said other Disney properties allow early check-in online but not the Swan/Dolphin. That seems at odds with what I've read here so I thought I would see if anyone who has been recently has insight. Maybe she meant that we can't check in through MDE, which I get, but I specifically asked about the ability to book ILL on our first day and she said no. Thanks for any assistance!

We just booked a very (!) last-minute trip to WDW over Spring Break, staying at the Dolphin 3/16-3/19. I was told today by a CM that I won't be able to book ILL at 7 am on our arrival day because that feature is not available at these hotels until you physically check in in person. She said other Disney properties allow early check-in online but not the Swan/Dolphin. That seems at odds with what I've read here so I thought I would see if anyone who has been recently has insight. Maybe she meant that we can't check in through MDE, which I get, but I specifically asked about the ability to book ILL on our first day and she said no. Thanks for any assistance!
We are staying at swan in August and our travel agent confirmed that with aCM. Apparently, we need to pick up out tickets when we check in then link them in MDE.

Maybe all the rest of you already knew this, but if you are planning to get a reservation for Dolphin (or Swan, I assume) through a third party, like Sam's Club or Costco, be VERY careful that you avoid the NON-REFUNDABLE room, unless you really want that one.

I found out that they mean it - even if it was a mistake ( I really wanted REFUNDABLE, and didn't notice until I printed my receipt that I had selected NON-REFUNDABLE). If it's non-refundable, you cannot change it. I went around in circles with Sam's and Dolphin and they ultimately said "sorry" - the only thing you can do with a NON-REFUNDABLE room is use it, or cancel it and be charged almost the full reservation charge.

My fault, I should have been more careful.

We are staying at swan in August and our travel agent confirmed that with aCM. Apparently, we need to pick up out tickets when we check in then link them in MDE.
Interesting! We bought our park tickets online and already have them and the hotel linked in MDE so I wonder if it's any different. Whatever the policy is is fine, just trying to plan ahead since we are only there for a short trip. :)

Interesting! We bought our park tickets online and already have them and the hotel linked in MDE so I wonder if it's any different. Whatever the policy is is fine, just trying to plan ahead since we are only there for a short trip. :)
We booked a package through Disney, I would think if your tix are already linked, you'll be set. We can make park reservations, but that's about it...

Hi all! We just got home from 3 nights at SR and 6 nights at the Dolphin. We had a great time!! Happy to answer questions!

To add answers to a few recent questions…

We had “to go” breakfast one day from Ale and Compass that was phenomenal!

also, once we checked into the Dolphin, I used the app messaging to request an Epcot view (we booked a balcony). They said no guarantees, but we received a great view of Epcot, including fireworks!

View attachment 650792
What did you think of SR? We are doing a split stay over Spring Break. We have WL and then have both SR and Swan booked for our second half of the trip. I have never stayed at any Swolphin resorts, so I have no idea which we should pick. The SR is $15 more per night, so almost no difference in cost. We have standard non-view rooms booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter