Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

At the Dolphin atm and my partner went a little crazy with the Star Wars merch 🥴 has anyone tried shipping a Savi's lightsaber or one of those droids from here? Any tips on where to do this and pricing would be appreciated!

I applied suite rewards certificates to our Swan reservation next month. Does anyone know when they would post the room assignment? It still says 'pending' next to the suite rewards on our reservation. I know we might not get much since it's crazy bananas down there this spring but a girl can still hope lol. We have 20+ unused suite rewards and DH finally has ambassador status, and it's frustrating that we haven't been able to take advantage of either. (first world problems, I know)

At the Dolphin atm and my partner went a little crazy with the Star Wars merch 🥴 has anyone tried shipping a Savi's lightsaber or one of those droids from here? Any tips on where to do this and pricing would be appreciated!
Have your receipt and head over to a Disney resort and have them ship it. Idk prices tho sorry.

Business Center

You should also be able to try the Disney stores or a nearby resort there, show your receipt. They would also charge.

I applied suite rewards certificates to our Swan reservation next month. Does anyone know when they would post the room assignment? It still says 'pending' next to the suite rewards on our reservation. I know we might not get much since it's crazy bananas down there this spring but a girl can still hope lol. We have 20+ unused suite rewards and DH finally has ambassador status, and it's frustrating that we haven't been able to take advantage of either. (first world problems, I know)
It's within the week leading up to it. I think their info says 5 day prior but we have gotten approval or denial anywhere from 3-7 days at other hotels. I had one put in for Swan Reserve on a points stay and it initially accepted the request...and now it's saying not available on the app but says pending on their pc web page

Last edited:
I'm renting a car because I'll be doing some day visits away from WDW. Are there any parks where it makes sense to drive or is the SD or WDW transportation okay? We can walk to Epcot and HS, of course, but I'm wondering about MK and AK now that SD has its own transportation. Do the buses run as frequently as the WDW busses ran?

If you drive to MK: you drive to Transportation & Ticket Center, park your car, then you take the monorail or ferryboat to Magic Kingdom.

If you take the Swan/Dolphin bus: it drives you to Transportation & Ticket Center, then you take the monorail or ferryboat to Magic Kingdom.

I don't see how driving would be easier, unless you want to control the exact timing and don't want to wait for a bus. Or if you are planning to go somewhere else before or after Magic Kingdom (like an off-site restaurant) rather than going directly to/from the hotel.

As others have said, you also have the option of walking over to BoardWalk and taking their bus, which goes directly to Magic Kingdom and not to Transportation & Ticket Center.

About the elevators. We checked in and received a room on a lower level (2nd fl maybe). You needed the elevator to get to it!! I had Wrongly assumed if I picked lower level I could just use a staircase. No- only elevator.
I went to the desk and they informed me the only place for stairs was the level they were on (3rd floor) and the 4th floor - you can see the stairs go down to the lobby. She switched our room and the 3rd floor was Super convenient. We were just down from the lobby and it was quick to the Escalator and food, boat, outside, etc. View was great of boatlaunch.
So you must request 3rd or 4th floor to get stairs option.

Thank you SO much for this info!!

OK, interesting info about stairs and elevators... so, if I have a scooter, and want to avoid elevators all together, which level would I want to request? Is the front entrance on the same level as the boat/walkway entrance? Is that where the lobby is? It's been awhile since I was in Dolphin, so all I remember is a big escalator, but I don't remember what was on the floor beneath or at the top.... I wish Touring Plans had more info for Dolphin/Swan.

Does the bus from Dolphin to Animal Kingdom drop you at the park directly or to the Transportation Center and then we have another ride to go?
From what I've read from others the bus from S/D goes straight to AK. The space at AK is just as good if not a slight be better then the Disney parking lot you can see here

And if anyone has current photos of the fridge, that would be really helpful. Thanks!
Here is an interior view of the fridge if it helps.

I applied suite rewards certificates to our Swan reservation next month....
There is a poor history of being able to use the SNA awards at S/D, with the Reserve it's gotten a bit better. I just didn't want you to get your hopes up to high, but I hope they come through for you.

There is a poor history of being able to use the SNA awards at S/D, with the Reserve it's gotten a bit better. I just didn't want you to get your hopes up to high, but I hope they come through for you.
I figured, but with covid our certs are stacking up with no where to use them (the other Marriott we normally stay at upgrades us w/o the cert because of his status).

Would booking the Reserve give us a better chance of getting an upgrade (with a cert)? I like the Swan, and for this trip we're staying with several other people so wouldn't move, but maybe I'll test it out on another trip.

@jennypenny I don't know if making any changes would really help or not, it's been a bit hit and miss but over the years been more miss at least on reports here another SD group I'm on. If you don't get approved you can always call to see if moving would help, but I wouldn't try to make changes now.

In case anyone else has this question in the future, the Business Center did send our lightsabers from Savi's back. Apparently they've been seeing a lot of them (what a surprise!) and know specifically how to package them. It is more expensive than Disney. They charged us $65 for two, although we also picked up two packages, which i think they charge $5-6 per package...?

OK, interesting info about stairs and elevators... so, if I have a scooter, and want to avoid elevators all together, which level would I want to request? Is the front entrance on the same level as the boat/walkway entrance? Is that where the lobby is? It's been awhile since I was in Dolphin, so all I remember is a big escalator, but I don't remember what was on the floor beneath or at the top.... I wish Touring Plans had more info for Dolphin/Swan.
Front entrance is up one level from the boat/walkway entrance.
So front entrance would be called the 3rd floor. But there is an escalator that goes down to boat level. Or elevator. Not sure why at that part it appears as 1 floor down, but i know that there was 2 floors of rooms below it and if I remember correctly Pikabu may have actually been down that additional level. Does that sound right?
Unless your going out the front door I don’t see how with a scooter you can avoid an elevator based on the fact that they appear to funnel everyone through elevators on that 3rd floor.
Does this sound right to Dan Murphy?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter