Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

for whatever reason - I cannot wrap my head around what might be the best way to get groceries - not a lot, maybe some juice and breakfast items and snacks. What have you all done recently? I'm trying to figure out how to stay away from a receiving fee from the hotel. We will not have a car. Thanks in advance for any advice!

We used Target as we needed a few non food items. Just make sure you list in your order to leave at Bell Services. We weren't charged anything to pickup, but then we requested they bring to the room and they forgot about us, so maybe they waived the fee.

Magic Kingdom transportation is a pain, but manageable. It is annoying that it feels like taking a gamble... Do we walk or boat to BW or BC? And when we get there, is it going to be another half hour wait until a bus shows up? Coming back is fine, but getting there, i think we'll stick to lyft.

Where did Lyft drop you off at? We used to get Uber/Lyft to the Contemporary and then walk over, but i had heard they won't let you in anymore if you don't have a dining reservation.

Where did Lyft drop you off at? We used to get Uber/Lyft to the Contemporary and then walk over, but i had heard they won't let you in anymore if you don't have a dining reservation.

At the TTC, so it's not an improvement over the buses, but at least we knew when the Lyft was arriving. The few times we waited for a bus, we never saw an ETA on the screen for any of them.

I may try the Lyft / Uber approach. Was considering Boardwalk but that’s a 15 minute walk to then maybe wait a while for bus. Seems like if I Uber it’s about the same timeframe total to get there?

I haven’t used the TTC on prior trips as I’ve stayed on Disney property. What’s the best approach to get to MK from the TTC (boat, monorail, bus?) and is it usually pretty efficient once there or is there a lot of waiting there?

looking at going one morning around rope drop (actually leave around 8) and another day leave around 5:30pm.

i apologize if this has been asked and answered: Are there lots of USB ports in a Swan standard room or will I have to bring the electric plug converters for the cords? Most recent stays were at Yacht Club and Pop which both have plenty of ports. I can’t tell by photos. Many thanks!

i apologize if this has been asked and answered: Are there lots of USB ports in a Swan standard room or will I have to bring the electric plug converters for the cords? Most recent stays were at Yacht Club and Pop which both have plenty of ports. I can’t tell by photos. Many thanks!

Inside the Rooms: Walt Disney World Swan Resort | Carrie on Travel

"Another great addition to the room – USB plugs in the lamps on the nightstand! I’m a tech girl that travels with numerous devices, cameras, chargers and more. The room is filled with wall plugs and the USB ports were a nice surprise too."

I may try the Lyft / Uber approach. Was considering Boardwalk but that’s a 15 minute walk to then maybe wait a while for bus. Seems like if I Uber it’s about the same timeframe total to get there?

This was my issue with walking to Boardwalk. Walk 15 minutes, maybe wait another half hour for a bus. A five-ish minute walk to the ferry or monorail, that trip time, THEN you're out the front of MK. I'd guess you could save up to 45 by taking a Lyft/Uber as you'd skip the walk and bus wait. It definitely made us favor visiting HS and EPCOT.

This was my issue with walking to Boardwalk. Walk 15 minutes, maybe wait another half hour for a bus. A five-ish minute walk to the ferry or monorail, that trip time, THEN you're out the front of MK. I'd guess you could save up to 45 by taking a Lyft/Uber as you'd skip the walk and bus wait. It definitely made us favor visiting HS and EPCOT.
This is confusing. I thought if you walk to BWI you can avoid the ferry or monorail because the bus will drop you in front of MK.

Anyone knows if there are EV chargers at the Dolphin or Swan? We are driving to FL from Montreal in our PHEV and would like to charge it while there if available (if not, we will rely on gas only).

Anyone knows if there are EV chargers at the Dolphin or Swan? We are driving to FL from Montreal in our PHEV and would like to charge it while there if available (if not, we will rely on gas only).
According to plugshare.com, a charging station is available at the Swan Reserve.

Additionally, charging stations are available at all the parks.

This information is not accurate. If you take the bus from the Boardwalk, you get dropped right in front of MK. You do not need to take the ferry or monorail.

So it’s either;
Uber wait - 5
Uber to TTC - 10 min
Wait for boat - 10 (?)
Boat ride - 10 (?)
Total; 35

or
Walk to BW - 15
Wait for bus - 20
Bus - 10
Total; 45

Is that about right?

So it’s either;
Uber wait - 5
Uber to TTC - 10 min
Wait for boat - 10 (?)
Boat ride - 10 (?)
Total; 35

or
Walk to BW - 15
Wait for bus - 20
Bus - 10
Total; 45

Is that about right?

Taxi may be immediately available.

Our bus waits were usually less than 20, but by the time you get going that could easily be about right.

Last edited:
According to plugshare.com, a charging station is available at the Swan Reserve.

Additionally, charging stations are available at all the parks.

Thank you! I didn’t know this website and it might be useful for our roadtrip to WDW with stops in Charleston and Amelia island.

So it’s either;
Uber wait - 5
Uber to TTC - 10 min
Wait for boat - 10 (?)
Boat ride - 10 (?)
Total; 35

or
Walk to BW - 15
Wait for bus - 20
Bus - 10
Total; 45

Is that about right?

This is close enough to use. We usually Uber because 95% of the time it costs less than $12 and that is worth it to us for the 4 of us to not have to wait.

So it’s either;
Uber wait - 5
Uber to TTC - 10 min
Wait for boat - 10 (?)
Boat ride - 10 (?)
Total; 35

or
Walk to BW - 15
Wait for bus - 20
Bus - 10
Total; 45

Is that about right?
.2 mile, maybe 5 minutes? About 1,200 feet.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/walking-distances.htm

Inside the Rooms: Walt Disney World Swan Resort | Carrie on Travel

"Another great addition to the room – USB plugs in the lamps on the nightstand! I’m a tech girl that travels with numerous devices, cameras, chargers and more. The room is filled with wall plugs and the USB ports were a nice surprise too."
Yes, as said by k5xs above. But you generally will get a much quicker charge with a direct AC plug-in vs a USB in a lamp, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter