Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just checked into the Swan and with the Costco Resort View room, our room overlooks the parking lot. Checked with the front desk and she said it was a resort view because Tower of Terror is in the distance. If you have your heart set on a nice view, be cautious because I thought we would have a much better view. And no balcony rooms were available either.
That seems like a standard view room to me. https://swandolphin.com/accommodations/room-views/

Just checked into the Swan and with the Costco Resort View room, our room overlooks the parking lot. Checked with the front desk and she said it was a resort view because Tower of Terror is in the distance. If you have your heart set on a nice view, be cautious because I thought we would have a much better view. And no balcony rooms were available either.

In our experience what the front desk told you isn’t technically correct. We’ve always understood that resort view meant some kind of view of either the grounds or buildings of the Swan or Dolphin resorts themselves, which can be pretty vague but your view would qualify. To get a guaranteed view of the parks is booking theme park view.

In our experience what the front desk told you isn’t technically correct. We’ve always understood that resort view meant some kind of view of either the grounds or buildings of the Swan or Dolphin resorts themselves, which can be pretty vague but your view would qualify. To get a guaranteed view of the parks is booking theme park view.
Their own website lists it as standard view.

Wow, I should’ve read your post before responding above. Your sample picture is dead-on with PP’s as a standard room. I think their categories are sometimes weird. It took me a while to learn resort view meant the grounds of the resort, not the theme parks.
I know, I thought the same thing at first. Or just call it a 'traditional room' like they do on their booking page. Why confuddle someone's expectations. I would not expect that to be a 'resort view', so what is a 'traditional room' view? A cement wall? In the promo picture on the website they only show a blue sky with clouds. I guess just don't look down.

What sort of view do the grand suites usually get? Or view options.. wondering if worth it to request anything g or let if fly.

So we had the best vacation ever, even going every year like we try to do, at the Swan. I am ready to retire and will no longer be able to afford Disney World. Thought last year was my last trip but I have scheduled a Thanksgiving trip for the Dolphin just because our last trip there was so perfect. To you doubters, Swan/Dolphin is going to be your best trip ever!!!!! The view won't matter that much.

What’s the experience on being able to get groceries delivered to the dolphin?
does the hotel have ice machines?
Can the freezer section of the mini fridge freeze a water bottle?

What’s the experience on being able to get groceries delivered to the dolphin?
does the hotel have ice machines?
Can the freezer section of the mini fridge freeze a water bottle?
SwanDolphin can accept grocery deliveries but they do not keep anything cold. Orders with alcohol usually have to be picked up in person by meeting the delivery person. YMMV with that. There are ice machines; I’m not sure if they’re on each floor or every other floor. The mini fridge does not have a freezer section. Best to bring a small cooler (foldable if flying), fill it with ice, and put bottled water in overnight for ice cold water the next day.

So we had the best vacation ever, even going every year like we try to do, at the Swan. I am ready to retire and will no longer be able to afford Disney World. Thought last year was my last trip but I have scheduled a Thanksgiving trip for the Dolphin just because our last trip there was so perfect. To you doubters, Swan/Dolphin is going to be your best trip ever!!!!! The view won't matter that much.
That sounds like a pretty good endorsement, PD. And enjoy your retirement. You'll get back there, just maybe not every year.

Question about view categories at the Swan:

In the picture below, what view are the circled balcony rooms considered to be? Looks like standard view (no view) to me, but I’ve never seen a category called “Standard View w/Balcony.” Could these rooms be considered Resort View, even though they overloook the roof?

f we do a grocery stop on the way from airport to Dolphin, will Bell Services refrigerate cold stuff for us until we can get into our rooms?

@jludeen from the S/D FAQ - Package Shipping and Handling Info
Delivery of Packages For Our Guests
Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind.

They reiterate this on the PDF under Package Shipping & Handling Information
Refrigeration is not provided. The Resort is not responsible for damaged or unusable perishable items.

@jludeen from the S/D FAQ - Package Shipping and Handling Info
Delivery of Packages For Our Guests
Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind.

They reiterate this on the PDF under Package Shipping & Handling Information
Refrigeration is not provided. The Resort is not responsible for damaged or unusable perishable items.
Thank you...that's what I was afraid of. So a grocery stop probably doesn't make a lot of sense. Darn.

In the picture below, what view are the circled balcony rooms considered to be? Looks like standard view (no view) to me, but I’ve never seen a category called “Standard View w/Balcony.” Could these rooms be considered Resort View, even though they overloook the roof?

View attachment 656603

In 2019, we stayed more toward the shell end of the wing marked (so to the left of your circle). Our booked category was Resort View King with Balcony.

Thank you...that's what I was afraid of. So a grocery stop probably doesn't make a lot of sense. Darn.
We didn't do this for S/D but we've done it at another location; We just buy a cheap styrofoam cooler and put our few things in that, bought ice then added more at our hotel. Worked out well for us. I undrestand they don't want to deal with all the fridge space or potential spoilage, but I'm sure they'd take a small cooler.

We didn't do this for S/D but we've done it at another location; We just buy a cheap styrofoam cooler and put our few things in that, bought ice then added more at our hotel. Worked out well for us. I undrestand they don't want to deal with all the fridge space or potential spoilage, but I'm sure they'd take a small cooler.
That's a very good idea. I actually even have a big insulated bag that we could probably put stuff in with a bag of ice and it should keep until we can get it into the refrigerators in the rooms.

In 2019, we stayed more toward the shell end of the wing marked (so to the left of your circle). Our booked category was Resort View King with Balcony.
What did you see when you looked outside? Looks like you would be facing the lake/Epcot resorts?

View attachment 656603
I think that view would be about like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter