• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I am reading articles online stating that the Swan/Dolphin cost about the same as a value or a moderate Disney resort. However, everytime I check Mariott, they are a lot more expensive than that, especially once the resort fees are added. Am I missing something?

For my trip in July, the CAA rate I got from the Marriott website for the Dolphin was cheaper than our stay we had booked at POFQ (resort fees and taxes included). So we cancelled our favourite Disney resort and decided on trying the Dolphin for the location and perks (especially the access to deluxe extra hours).

Does anyone know anything about Easter activities at Swan Dolphin? Egg hunts etc? We have been at Christmas and there has been a flyer of activities. Thanks!

We are arriving 5/30 for a 3 night stay at The Dolphin before moving offsite. This is our first time staying here. I didn't see the info on the first page, do we get 60+ for dining? TIA! :goodvibes
Be aware that you might not be able to book online at 60+10. I have an upcoming stay booked through Disney and while my stay was linked and my 60+10 dates were showing eligible, I received an error every time I tried to book. After searching the boards I realized this is common with S/D reservations. I had to call and Guest Services booked for me.

Hey everyone, just wanted to share a quick story for those who have not had a deposit charged yet. Booked a room at the swan last January for a stay coming up on the 31st. Have not been charged a deposit until today apparently. There was some mix up with our credit cards and I received an email today saying they canceled our reservation because they couldn’t charge a deposit. I had a mini heart attack and called immediately. Luckily they answered right away and got my room back at the same rate. She said if you call within 24 hours, it’s usually not a problem. So crisis adverted but check your emails :)
So I just called and they told me that this location (WDW Swan) does not charge you until day of arrival. He assured me that this is the case 'for this location'. Maybe you just have to have a current cc on file and you did not?

Last edited:

Has anyone opened a Marriott Bonvoy Visa and found that it helps a lot in reducing the cost of a booking?

How fast do points appear on the Bonvoy account after a stay? We never paid attention before...

How fast do points appear on the Bonvoy account after a stay? We never paid attention before...
In my many years as a Marriott Rewards/ Bonvoy member (Lifetime Titanium) I have found that points typically appear 2-3 days after completing a stay. In my experience, if they haven't posted after 3 days they won't post without filling out a missing stay form. Missing Stay requests can be filed 10 days after a stay. I begin counting down the days until day 10 hits so I can fill out the request for the points to be deposited if they haven't appeared by day 3.

It can be very frustrating because Marriott won't let you begin the process earlier than day 10 and by then I know from long experience that the stay won't post without my intervention.

In the past month, my husband has had two trips. The first one posted the next day. Was a Fairfield Inn in Utah. The 2nd one was this past week...a Marriott in North Carolina and it took 3 days.
Make sure you're signed up for that promotion that gives you an extra night towards elite and 1,000 bonus points per night that you stay.

Last edited:
I've booked three nights at the Dolphin for August to finish off a 9 day stay at WDW. We have three generations who all require their own bed, so the Dolphin with a rollaway was the most economical option of resorts in the Crescent Lake area. I'm very excited but a bit apprehensive after reading the most recent reviews. i'm expecting lower service levels across the board because I am well aware of how hard it has been during the pandemic (staffing, supply issues, etc), but some of the reviews refer to very late check ins, low levels of cleanliness, dirty sheets, and the one that makes me most nervous - moldy and wet carpets, as I tend to book rooms without carpet, due to allergies.

Any thoughts/comments etc on issues at the Dolphin? We start the vacation with six days at CBR, but as the smallest member of the group, I'll be on the 5th sleeper and am looking forward to switching to a double and sending my son to the rollaway! I do see light at the end of the tunnel, with international hirings returning and the Disney College program starting up again...

I am reading articles online stating that the Swan/Dolphin cost about the same as a value or a moderate Disney resort. However, everytime I check Mariott, they are a lot more expensive than that, especially once the resort fees are added. Am I missing something?
S/D have dynamic pricing, so they can be insanely expensive if they are approaching full on your dates. I booked at a rate that was the same as moderates (including resort fee), but the price is now listed is $900/room. Check back, as they often block out loads of rooms for conventions, and prices can drop once the deadline for convention booking passes.

Does anyone know how to find out what the convention schedule is for the S/D? It would be so helpful to know when the block room reservations expire!

Thank you! I did see this link, but there's nothing listed for August, and the reservation desk indicated that they have over THIRTY group bookings for Aug 14/15/16th listed (conferences, meetings, etc)! I was just looking for more information on when those blocks might be released, but I suspect I'll just have to keep checking.
That's the one I've seen posted here before...maybe someone else has a better one.

Thank you! I did see this link, but there's nothing listed for August, and the reservation desk indicated that they have over THIRTY group bookings for Aug 14/15/16th listed (conferences, meetings, etc)! I was just looking for more information on when those blocks might be released, but I suspect I'll just have to keep checking.
Group bookings are different from on-site conventions so I doubt there’s a list available other than that link. I agree though, it would be nice to know even if just to determine expectations for how busy the resort might be.

I booked Dolphin at a great rate. Sure, I could save $800 by staying at Pop, or save about $150 by staying at Coronado Springs Resort, but I would be in a standard room at either of those vs a balcony room at Dolphin. I’d also lose 50-100 sf within the room and miss out on the deluxe perks like walking to 2 parks and extra evening hours. Only you can determine if the value is worth it for your trip.

So I just called and they told me that this location (WDW Swan) does not charge you until day of arrival. He assured me that this is the case 'for this location'. Maybe you just have to have a current cc on file and you did not?
Yeah it’s a strange situation. Didn’t have a problem until they tried to charge a deposit according to the person on the phone. I gave them my credit card again on the phone and then they charged me a deposit. 5 days before our stay seems like a strange time to do so after nothing for months. Sounds like inconsistent messaging.

Yeah it’s a strange situation. Didn’t have a problem until they tried to charge a deposit according to the person on the phone. I gave them my credit card again on the phone and then they charged me a deposit. 5 days before our stay seems like a strange time to do so after nothing for months. Sounds like inconsistent messaging.
Charging 5 days before the stay makes sense because that’s when the deposit is no longer refundable. There was probably a glitch that deleted some digits of your card number if not entirely. I’ve booked Dolphin 4 times direct through Marriott taking advantage of price drops and have yet to be charged a deposit but my stay isn’t until September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter