Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are planning to dine at Kimono's during our late May/early June trip to WDW. The last time we were there was before Covid, and we were able to walk in with no reservation and a minimum wait. As things are now, I thought it might be best to get a reservation. However, Kimono's doesn't come up via MDE or on Open Table.

Does anyone know if reservations are required and if so, the best way to make them?

Thanks so much!

Are you able to see any availability to book with points for the next 11 months? Trying to burn 700k points so I can close out my Bonvoy card (rip SPG) and I’m seeing less than 8 total days of availability between now and March 25 2023. I’m guessing SDR blocked most of their dates for some reason, and it isn’t just suddenly the most popular resort in Marriott portfolio.
Are you using the flexible search option? When you put in your dates there is a box to check for "flexible dates". Just searching the Swan, using points for 8 nights with a flexible search, you can check in the first two-ish weeks of October, and later in October (no availability in the middle). Most of september available for check in and also early november.

Are you using the flexible search option? When you put in your dates there is a box to check for "flexible dates". Just searching the Swan, using points for 8 nights with a flexible search, you can check in the first two-ish weeks of October, and later in October (no availability in the middle). Most of september available for check in and also early november.
Yes I misspoke, I meant 8 blocks of availability for the number of days I searched (think I used the max flex of 9). For 2023 the only availability I saw was for mid January which seems much busier than I’ve ever seen it and wondered if they were holding back dates in 2023 when they can charge whatever they want and it doesn’t have to fall within peak or off peak or category.

We are planning to dine at Kimono's during our late May/early June trip to WDW. The last time we were there was before Covid, and we were able to walk in with no reservation and a minimum wait. As things are now, I thought it might be best to get a reservation. However, Kimono's doesn't come up via MDE or on Open Table.

Does anyone know if reservations are required and if so, the best way to make them?

Thanks so much!
I don't believe they take reservations.

I might have to shorten my July stay at the Dolphin. Right now, the rate I have reserved is much lower than what is available (my room type is no longer available). What is the best way to cancel those two nights without changing my rate? When I tried to modify online, it looked like I had to re-book a new stay. My current stay is fully refundable.

I might have to shorten my July stay at the Dolphin. Right now, the rate I have reserved is much lower than what is available (my room type is no longer available). What is the best way to cancel those two nights without changing my rate? When I tried to modify online, it looked like I had to re-book a new stay. My current stay is fully refundable.
Call the hotel. It may be that you will have to cancel and rebook.

I realize everyone's stay is booked differently, but I opted to cancel our last night and stay closer to the airport since we have an 0700 flight. I contacted the hotel via the Swan Dolphin app.
They gave m a number to call and they canceled that one night with no problem it had no effect on the remainder of my reservation

How early can you book an AP rate? I mean, if our trip isn't until December, when do you think that the AP rates would be available to change our resv? It doesn't look like any of the special offers are available right now for our dates.
In my experience, booking early beats the AP rate. I’ve booked for December and will check back in June to compare to AP rate. For several years, my early booking rate was better than the AP rate once it became available.

In my experience, booking early beats the AP rate. I’ve booked for December and will check back in June to compare to AP rate. For several years, my early booking rate was better than the AP rate once it became available.
I think booking early for longer stays (4 nights or more) works better with Universal's Savy Traveler hotel rate.

For a 1 or 2-night stay (excepting weekends), I usually can find an annual pass discount rate that's less (sometimes much less) than the Savy Traveler rate. This is especially true at Universal's 3 premier hotels.

But these are generalizations. During COVID, you sometimes could find a 50% (!) AP discount on Universal hotels.

In February, my sister booked a Sunday-Friday (5 night) stay at the Royal Pacific for $259/night in September. That Savy Traveler rate is no longer available. Instead, it's $244 at Sapphire Falls and $326 at Portofino Bay for her dates.

The short of it is, if you are booking 3 or more nights, book the Savy Traveler rate early and hope for something better later. Something cheaper probably will come up for Endless Summer, Cabana Bay, and Aventura, but that Savy Traveler rate might be the best you'll get for the other Universal hotels.

Swan Reserve: What type of coffee maker in the standard rooms? Last year we were at the Swan, and purchased some coffee pods that were recommended from Amazon. Does the Reserve use K cups, the same pods, or something different? Thanks so much!

I think I had read you can get free bottled water at Swan/Dolphin? How many bottles do they provide (and anything special I need to do to request)?

If I want to order some basic groceries, any recommendations for which service to use? (water, snacks)

Can I have Amazon delivered? If so, what address should I use?

Our upcoming stay at Swan Reserve is approaching quickly and now my thoughts have moved to park transportation. We are doing one day in each of the parks. For MK I am ok with catching the bus to TTC then the ferry, but in reverse where at TTC do we catch the bus back? For Epcot/DHS we'll use the friendship boats. For Animal Kingdom is there a bus from Swan? How about the return, is there a bus stop for swan/dolphin at AK? How about Disney springs, I just saw a recent video and didn't see swan/dolphin on the bus board?

Just booked an 8 night stay at the Swan Reserve, this will be my third time staying at this property and I'm really excited! Was able to snag a Signature Suite (HS view) for a great price (and much less than a standard room at a Disney Deluxe). Originally had a Club Level room booked At Coronado but didn't feel it was worth the extra $120 per night (especially since I couldn't participate in Evening Extra Hours). Also like the the Signature Suites have a microwave. Hate wasting food so it's nice to be able to bring leftovers back "home". Can easily outfit my room with food and beverages via instacart. Will be sure to report back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter