Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I can see cutting the water bottles... as it is an extra hassle for housekeeping.

But cut them and the S'mores Fun Kit, and raise the prices at the same time? So for $40 you get Wireless Internet that that even the Hotel 6 offers.... and a Swan Paddle boat rental? The Loyalty Program items mentioned, don't really come with the resort fee.

I miss the days you could opt out of the resort fees... just meant you didn't get a newspaper or access to the health club or spa.

The two bottles a day is was nice little perk but in all reality those two bottles can go in two minutes. It's almost a must at this point to be ordering cases of water for not only the obvious to stay hydrated, but to save you the exorbitant fee that every place down there charges for one bottle. I mean even with instacart prices from Publix I'm getting 24 Dasanis for the retail price of 1 and a half bottles of water on campus.
I think this has been discussed earlier in this thread but for an update, did you have to be present when Instacart delivered? (Assuming no cold items in your order)

I think this has been discussed earlier in this thread but for an update, did you have to be present when Instacart delivered? (Assuming no cold items in your order)
I did! I mean maybe there was a way to have the bellhops take it for me but from the get go I got messages from the instacarters telling me to meet them in the lobby. In fact one time I was in the pool and got out to see a message from one saying they had waited in the lobby for a while and then left to refund the food items. Meanwhile I have the box checked that says leave at door if I'm not around. So yeah it seems to me anyway that meeting in the lobby is the preferred method.

As per the FAQ Package Shipping and Handling Info
Delivery of Packages For Our Guests
Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind.

Bit more details in the PDF Package Shipping & Handling Information
GROCERY DELIVERIES (Amazon, Instacart, Shipt, etc.):
Guests are encouraged to schedule grocery deliveries when they will be available to receive items from the delivery driver. When guests are not present to receive deliveries from the delivery driver, grocery items will be held at Bell Services until picked up or delivery is requested by the guest. Refrigeration is not provided. The Resort is not responsible for damaged or unusable perishable items.

If you have a reservation or are looking to make one using the AP discount QWH at the Dolphin, I would check the rates today. I checked my 3 night stay in November and was able to modify it to save $125, and for my two night stay in January I saved $100 (dropping it BELOW the rate for Pop, wow). I check every week and the rates often change by maybe $20-50 over the whole stay but today was a much bigger savings for some reason. Helps me feel a lot less annoyed by the resort fee increase.

Does anyone have experience showing APs at check-in? I'm planning a trip for Feb and my AP will be expired then, but a friend with a valid AP will be staying on my reservation. If I booked in my name, could she show her AP if asked? Or would it be best if she booked in this case? Not sure how strict they are on who books or if all that matters is someone on the reservation has a valid AP.

Just wanted to report that I booked my reservation for Dolphin (Aug 27-30) late last night and was able to link the reservation to MDE today! I had read that it could take a few days before it was possible to link, but looks like it was lickity-split!
Keep an eye on MDE. Sometimes the reservation disappears. If so, just add it again. This has happened to me a number of times.

Keep an eye on MDE. Sometimes the reservation disappears. If so, just add it again. This has happened to me a number of times.
My May reservation linked right away then disappeared when I did mobile check-in. I also had my upcoming reservation for December mysteriously disappear for no reason recently.

So a case of water or anything non-refrigerated could be held and we could pick up at our convenience sounds like.
You might be OK, but I wouldn't risk it. Just have it delivered when you are around. It's a bit of a hassle but not as much as finding out the driver showed up, waited, and then left without delivering your stuff. I think this was discussed earlier in this thread or maybe a different thread but while the Swan/Dolphin may have a policy, I think each delivery service does as well. I'm pretty sure Instacart will only deliver to the guest.

Stayed at the Swan last summer and made our instacart order on the ride from the airport. As we got settled in our room, I ran down and met the driver. It was very easy.

Hi quick Swan question, we are staying there next month (mid-August stay) and both the swan and dolphin are both sold out during our stay (I know they are having at least 1 convention) . I'm just wondering how hectic it will be there as we have never stayed there before (I'm hoping the pools will not be crazy hectic).

My husband read a few negative reviews on trip advisor about rooms having mold and a bad smell and is getting a little nervous about staying there.

I like the location and the fact that they have daily housekeeping, am keeping my fingers crossed we have a great time there!

If you have a reservation or are looking to make one using the AP discount QWH at the Dolphin, I would check the rates today. I checked my 3 night stay in November and was able to modify it to save $125, and for my two night stay in January I saved $100 (dropping it BELOW the rate for Pop, wow). I check every week and the rates often change by maybe $20-50 over the whole stay but today was a much bigger savings for some reason. Helps me feel a lot less annoyed by the resort fee increase.

Thanks for this! I just modified my stay and saved another $30/night at Swan (almost covers parking!).

Hi quick Swan question, we are staying there next month (mid-August stay) and both the swan and dolphin are both sold out during our stay (I know they are having at least 1 convention) . I'm just wondering how hectic it will be there as we have never stayed there before (I'm hoping the pools will not be crazy hectic).

My husband read a few negative reviews on trip advisor about rooms having mold and a bad smell and is getting a little nervous about staying there.

I like the location and the fact that they have daily housekeeping, am keeping my fingers crossed we have a great time there!
There are some pluses to Conventions, most of the people are staying on site while you head off to the parks. You may encounter more people at night in the restaurants and lounges. We also found the Disney Springs buses were a lot busier in the early evenings and of course more people in suits & ties ;) But we've never had major issues.

As for TripAdvisor, here are my thoughts from a previous post. Bottom line I don't trust TA very much, if you read through this forum you'll get some very honest reports. Reality is that all hotels need daily house keeping to keep things in top shape.

I haven't ready enough bad reports here in the past year that I'd hesitate to stay at SDR.

There are some pluses to Conventions, most of the people are staying on site while you head off to the parks. You may encounter more people at night in the restaurants and lounges. We also found the Disney Springs buses were a lot busier in the early evenings and of course more people in suits & ties ;) But we've never had major issues.

As for TripAdvisor, here are my thoughts from a previous post. Bottom line I don't trust TA very much, if you read through this forum you'll get some very honest reports. Reality is that all hotels need daily house keeping to keep things in top shape.

I haven't ready enough bad reports here in the past year that I'd hesitate to stay at SDR.

Depends on the convention.... last time we were there is was some sort of pageant, lot's of mothers with carts with dresses and kids that would rather be going to the parks. Wife really wanted to just sit and watch them.... Another time it was huge cheer groups that did overcrowd the pools and were a little more of an issue at times.

I have seen mold in the bathrooms, around pipes or cracks in grout... but I've seen that at Disney Resorts as well.

This can go a zillion different ways but we've stayed at the S/D during conventions and cheer comps and it's never been an issue. I suppose the crowd will dictate the decorum but overall we had no issues. I will add we did evening pool time and were mostly gone during the day so I suppose if you're lingering around the resort more than we were you could have more issues or potential issues but I wouldn't worry too much about it being sold out. It was sold out when I was there this past April and it was fine.

We've never had mold in a hotel room but we've had some bad smells, not at S/D but at one Disney owned resort.

@Scalemaster34 good point, I've mostly been around Adult Conventions, but I'd agree some of the youth ones can be a bit out of control. I know S/D hosted some coming out of Covid since Disney hasn't reopened the All Star Sports. I'm hopefully with things sort of back to normal that doesn't happen as much. I will state I love kids and love they have these types of opportunities, I just don't really want to be subjected to a bunch of kids running all around. But proper supervision is what really matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter